Sales that are up during pandemic

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
Besides the obvious - masks, hand sanitizer, Lysol wipes and toilet paper! :lmao:

And we've discussed appliances due to more frequent use. (Can discuss more if we want.)

What others are there? What have you personally bought?

To name a few:

Bread machines
Sewing machines
Bicycles
Above ground pools
RV's!
Hair dye
Nail polish
Fresh vegetables and frozen foods

https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...ms-selling-well-high-demand-2020-4#hair-dye-2
https://www.aarp.org/home-family/friends-family/info-2020/hot-items-pandemic.html

Meal delivery services - I know we have been doing Blue Apron for the past couple months and for a stretch in April, they weren't accepting any new customers. Same with fresh produce delivery companies.

Jigsaw puzzles.
I have been reporting on the shortage of puzzles for ages now. :rotfl2: No, seriously. Sales have dramatically increased during the pandemic. Ravensburger is reporting a 370% increase year over year.

With People Stuck At Home, Jigsaw Puzzle Sales Soar

Editing to add: Also pets, so I would assume pet supplies as well. I haven't searched out data online, but we know people who have picked up animals for companionship during the stay-at-home orders. Costco had a limit of 1 on their dog food the other day, so I would assume there is a high demand for it and possible correlation, but again...not looking to do any hard work researching things this morning.

We actually replaced our above ground pool last fall. If we hadn't, we'd be buying another now in anticipation of a staycation this summer!

Home Office Supplies -- WAH needs add up quickly when you can't just go down the hall to get more of whatever you need! And that applies to office furnishings, too -- the kitchen chairs just don't cut it when you're at your "new" home office/dining table for 10+ hours a day. Agree about the pet supplies -- there were posts here about difficulties finding cat litter or certain foods.

Jigsaw puzzles.
I have been reporting on the shortage of puzzles for ages now. :rotfl2: No, seriously. Sales have dramatically increased during the pandemic. Ravensburger is reporting a 370% increase year over year.

Editing to add: Also pets, so I would assume pet supplies as well. I haven't searched out data online, but we know people who have picked up animals for companionship during the stay-at-home orders. Costco had a limit of 1 on their dog food the other day, so I would assume there is a high demand for it and possible correlation, but again...not looking to do any hard work researching things this morning.

Yup, my sister works for a catalog company that sells puzzles and they can't keep up with demand.

Every year or so we kick around the idea of putting in a pool, then talk ourselves out of it. So far this spring we've probably had the conversation 2 or 3 times - still talking ourselves out of it, although did get so far as to agree to have a weekly service IF we did get one :rotfl2: !!!
We'll be in our 90's, still arguing back and forth and pros & cons of putting in a pool!

Jigsaw puzzles.

We didn’t get into puzzles (don’t have a good space for them) but we did buy 7 new board games during the month of April and it has probably been 15 years since the last one we acquired. :goodvibes

I'd say in ground pools are also quite popular--more expensive on average but I know around here it's both that are selling more. In my neighborhood (and a lot of HOAs) above ground isn't allowed. Here with certain cities keeping the pools closed for the season and others trying to figure out when they can open people are left with neighborhood ones whenever they open (which is uncertain too) or their own. Quick fix is above ground for sure though and I know some people have built decks so they can mimic in ground pools.

Seems in my area too an increased interest in DIY gardens--places are seeing increased sales in seeds and whatnot

Items related to landscaping projects or home projects--when you're home you suddenly find the time to get that project you've been pushing off for 4 years started lol.

I know down here after stimulus checks and the extra unemployment started rolling out, there were shortages at the local Walmart of flat screen TVs, patio furniture, above ground pools, gaming systems and drones.

I've heard that spas (hot tubs) have been hard to come by the past month, but I haven't looked for myself.

The other thing that I have heard reported was a huge increase in the number of campers and motor homes. (This was reported on the radio in Saskatchewan.) People are looking at social distancing this summer by heading out on the road and camping, since other vacation ideas will be limited.

The other thing that I have heard reported was a huge increase in the number of campers and motor homes. (This was reported on the radio in Saskatchewan.) People are looking at social distancing this summer by heading out on the road and camping, since other vacation ideas will be limited.

I heard the same thing on our news report about the soaring sales of RV's as well.

Jigsaw puzzles.

Looking at my puzzle list I created a couple years ago (to keep track of Disney puzzles I may want to buy) 2 have come back in stock--but they are 3rd party sellers with increased costs and wouldn't get delivered til late June-mid-July so they aren't really in stock IMO.

Ravengburger still lists they are unable to fulfill any orders at this time. I wonder when the puzzle craze will ease up lol

RV sales are up. I just read an article about all the people running out buying one so they don't have to fly or stay in hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter