San Diego/Route 66

Route 66 doesn't go in or near San Diego. It starts up in Santa Monica closer to LA. So nope no cool photo oops in San Diego. There are a few in Santa Monica and Fontana. Have you tried searching for fun photo ops along route?

Route 66 doesn't go in or near San Diego. It starts up in Santa Monica closer to LA. So nope no cool photo oops in San Diego. There are a few in Santa Monica and Fontana. Have you tried searching for fun photo ops along route?

Thanks! I did google it and some of the info online said it did go into San Diego. I don't think we will be near Santa Monica though. We are spending a few hours in Hollywood on arrival day and then off to the DLR. After the DLR portion of our trip we plan to drive to Huntington Beach area then down the coast into San Diego for a few days before flying home.

Thank you! Our first west coast trip so in terms of proximity I have no clue and have been advised that although technically it should be a 20 minute or so drive from one point to another , it very likely could be much, much longer.

Thanks! I did google it and some of the info online said it did go into San Diego. I don't think we will be near Santa Monica though. We are spending a few hours in Hollywood on arrival day and then off to the DLR. After the DLR portion of our trip we plan to drive to Huntington Beach area then down the coast into San Diego for a few days before flying home.

Thank you! Our first west coast trip so in terms of proximity I have no clue and have been advised that although technically it should be a 20 minute or so drive from one point to another , it very likely could be much, much longer.
Santa Monica isn't far from dlr. and actually if you are in Hollywood and drive to DLR at some point you will cross Route 66 depending on which way you go. Huntington Beach is nice. I like that beach. Where and what are you seeing in San Diego?

Our first west coast trip so in terms of proximity I have no clue and have been advised that although technically it should be a 20 minute or so drive from one point to another , it very likely could be much, much longer.
You've gotten some sketchy advice. San Diego is about 100 miles from Disney. Santa Monica (the
end of Route 66) is about 45 miles from Disney. This is an interesting Route 66 link:
http://www.historic66.com/california/det-ca5.php

If you want a fake photo op, look into the Corvette Diner in SD. Also, Classic Malt Shop. It's like Johnny Rockets, but not a chain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter