San Diego to Universal or Disneyland

SyrCinderella

Mouseketeer
We will be in San Diego for a couple of days prior to DH's Presidents Club trip and have been trying to find transportation back and forth from San Diego to either Universal or Disneyland. We really don't want to drive (we come from upstate NY and not used to that kind of traffic), and the bus tours I found online so far only operate Weds and Saturday which won't work for us. Any suggestions?

You could look into taking the train, I know the Amtrak Surfliner goes from downtown San Diego to Anaheim and then further north. I'm not sure how close it gets to Universal, but if you took it to Anaheim you could then take a cab to DL.

If you decide to stick with DL, the drive might not be too bad, since Anaheim is pretty far south from LA; however, I haven't done this drive too much, so someone else would have a better idea of the traffic in this region.

I personally would not make the trip from San Diego to LA - whatever transportation you do choose will take a minimum of three hours each way.

The trip to Orange County (Anaheim) isn't nearly as bad, but you will need to rent a car for it to be practical. As long as you leave early in the morning and return after 7:00 PM you shouldn't hit too much traffic (and the drive is actually quite pretty).

However, if you only have two days in San Diego, I wouldn't leave. San Diego has lots to offer (go to the zoo, the beach, shop at one of the great outdoor malls, catch a baseball game at Petco, walk around the Gaslamp or Old Town, perhaps Sea World).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter