• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Juan Transportation Suggestions

CamperMomma

Mouseketeer
We are doing the November 15 San Juan sailing on the Magic. We are arriving the day before and will be staying one night in an AirBNB. Does anyone have recommendations of a ground transfer that could take us from the airport to our rental on the 14th and then the rental to the port on the 15th. There will be 9 of us travelling, 3 of which are still in car seats (not infant though, 4, 5, and 6 years old). We're really hoping to not take car seats with us, so that rules out Uber or a Taxi, any ideas?

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, but I am subscribing because in a year this will be us!

I think taxi or uber are really your best bet. Technically you don't (legally) need seats for those, but I get it. We always use a seat in a taxi or uber. We were there last year and rented a car for our pre-cruise adventures, but you'd need seats for a rental, too. We did take a shuttle on the way from the port back to the airport, but it wasn't planned. We were waiting in the (LONG) taxi line when a guy hollered out that he had room for three more on his shared shuttle and we leapt out of line and jumped in the shuttle.

We'll probably just look for one of those again when we return in January. For the short ride from the airport to our hotel the day before we embark, we'll use a taxi and take along our MiFold or BubbleBum for my daughter. We own both and I prefer the MiFold because it's more compact, but my daughter prefers the BubbleBum because it's more comfortable. Have you looked into something like that?

I’d just use a taxi. Booster seats (the inflatable Bubble Bum is terrific) for the 5 and 6 year old, and seat for the 4 year old.

There will be a huge line of taxis when you get to San Juan. There will be a "taxi warden" there who will ask you how many people you have in your party. There is a max that they can carry in one taxi, so you may have to take 2. They do have vans there but those are a little harder to get. We usually rent a car. I take a taxi to the car pickup (usually at the airport, 15 minutes away) then pick up the fam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter