Sandals? What kind?!

Chica650

Earning My Ears
I think a similar thread was on here last week, but I can't find it now. Anyhow, I like to dress very....savvy :) I'm not really a t-shirt and shorts kinda girl, rather I like to be trendy and fashionable wherever I go. Having said that, I like to wear my cute little outfits to the parks with my cute little sandals and the last two times have had to have my DH push me in a wheelchair on the second day due to blisters, swollen feet, etc. I was wondering if there were anybody else like me out there and what kind of shoes you bought that were VERY VERY comfortable yet cute at the same time. I want some SUPER comfy sandals b/c I don't like tennis shoes in the summer time. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!!

Thanks in advance!!:jester:

If you don't want blisters, then Clarks and Birkenstock sandals are the way to go, but I don't usually think of cute when I wear them, I think comfort.
:earsgirl:

Teva has a thong flip-flop that has a very thick and cushy soul. I absolutely swear by them! I wore them every day for seven days in the parks and didn't get a single blister or anything.

Plus, they're much cuter than regular tevas!

Good Luck

Teva makes a sandal called "Pretty Rugged Leather". I have a pair and love them. These are my dress up Tevas. My other Tevas are for everyday use. I know they aren't the prettiest sandals around, but comfort and no blisters out weigh cute.

I second Birkenstock sandals; they may not be "cute" but they can be stylish and they are definitely comfortable! Unfortunately, they are not cheap........

Chica650,
I have been looking for the same thing!! I can't stand wearing sneakers in hot weather. For our trip in June I figured I would have to wear the sneakers at least a day or two to give my feet a rest. I have the backless kind so they are a least a little better. I just got a pair of Keds flip flops. They are a canvas thong but it has almost a sneaker type bottom. I haven't woren them yet so I am not sure how comfortable they really will be. They are cute though. Good Luck!

Thanks so much for all the replies! I know that cute might not be something I should be concerned about:blush: but I am and I KNOW KNOW KNOW there's GOT to be something cute AND comfortable out there. Keds is a good brand and I'm thinking about trying that. I've also thought skechers might make a pretty cute comfy sandal. Anyhow, everyone's input is MUCH MUCH appreciated!!!

Try Ecco sandals. They are a little more expensive than most, but extremely comfortable and not bad looking at all. I even wore them with a sun dress to a nice dinner a couple of nights while there. They have a cork wedge-like sole. They also weather getting wet very nicely.

Roxy makes some really cute flip flops but some aren't that comfortable. Tilt, Flojos and Reef are just a few other companies that sell really cute flip flop type shoes. I also don't like wearing my kicks in the park so I stock up on the Old Navy flip flops and wear those down to the bottoms!

I own a pair of Teva Ventura Cork sandals that I LOVE! I can wear the black ones with a skirt for work, capris or even jeans. I just used the this past week at WDW for my walking shoes with shorts and I swear they were very comfortable.

They really are all purpose shoes that look "strappy" and dressy, yet can be dressed down in shorts and Tees.

pin

Hi there, I think I posted on this topic before but really make sure that the sandals you purchase have arch support and aren't flat (like many flip-flops). Sometimes it's not even the brand of sandal but the type that's more important.

Just home from a week at the world. I wore Teva's for the first time and absolutely love them. I have always been a reebok walker tennis shoe type of girl (the more air the better between me and the bricks) but because of this board, ordered a pair of Teva sandals. Won't ever wear anything else. I had to wear my reebok's for a day due to weather (cold feet) and my feet were killing me by the time we got back to the hotel. I can wear those Tevas all the time and not a sore toe in the bunch. I am going to try and order some fancier ones for work if I can find them.

Originally posted by Chica650
Thanks so much for all the replies! I know that cute might not be something I should be concerned about:blush: but I am and I KNOW KNOW KNOW there's GOT to be something cute AND comfortable out there. Keds is a good brand and I'm thinking about trying that. I've also thought skechers might make a pretty cute comfy sandal. Anyhow, everyone's input is MUCH MUCH appreciated!!!

I would beware of the Keds. I have a pair that I love that I bought last year. They are Keds Purefit canvas slides, very cute with tropical colored stripes. When I tried them on, I thought they were comfy, cushy and they do absorb shock. HOWEVER, after walking around on them all day during a shopping trip, my legs and feet were killing me. I think it's because there is no support on the sides. Don't get me wrong, I still have my old pair and I actually bought a new pair for this year when they were on sale last year. I wear them out to dinner, to picnics, the movies, etc. I might even wear them to return to the parks in the evening. But I will NOT wear them to walk around the parks all day. I think my legs and shins would ache.

I did buy a pair of Merrill's for this trip. They actually have a strap that goes behind the ankle that can unvelcro to turn it into a slide. I have never worn them before, but they came highly recommended at the store I was at, which sold Tevas, Merrills and some other brand that I hadn't heard of.

Good luck finding a pair you like!! :teeth:

My vote goes to Clarks. I always go to Disney with a new pair - never had any problems with sore feet, breaking them in etc...Always super comfy and some of the styles are pretty cute too :) (or at least I think they are :) )

Last vacation I had two pairs of Skechers sandals that had a very comfortable white squishy bottom, and a colored band-thong-type-thing over the top. EXTREMELY comfortable yet pretty darn cute!!! Well obviously sandals ware out after time and these sandals now look like bottoms with a huge rope on the top (from stretching) So before our spring break trip to Disney I was in a dead thought on what sandal to buy, so I thought I would just get those again. NOPE, nowhere to be found.

My luck strikes on our final day of shoeshopping, desperate here for something comfortable, at this point puting looks behind! At Kohl's there are pretty much exact replicas of the Skechers!! THE ANGELS HAVE COME UPON ME!!! :hyper:Yeap, I was that happy!! I bought each color, pink and blue, and wore the pink on epcot and MK days, never with sore feet or blisters!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!:bounce:
Lemme know if you need anymore info on these shoes!

Merrells! They are amazing and just about the only brand of footwear that I will buy these days. They are a bit on the pricey side but worth every penny. They come in lots of styles and colors...I even saw some pink ones in Nordstrom this week!

There are 3 Teva styles I'm interested in, Jalama, Salini and Aphora. Go to Teva.com so you can view them. Its hard to find comfort combined with asthetics, but I think the the 3 I mentioned are pretty cute. They're leather and waterproof to boot which is important for those afternoon rain showers that seem to be so common in Florida. I still haven't decided which ones I want. I have some really casual Tevas that I bought about a month ago. They're called Elixer and they're suede flip flops which are also waterproof and are super comfortable. But again, they're really casual so I think the leather ones are a bit more versatile. I bought the Elixers just to see if Tevas are as comfortable as they claim and they are!

Another Merrell fan here! I didnt even have to break them in. The first day I wore them they were comfy! They are the only pair of shoes I wore for a week in WDW in Aug!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter