SAP+ ?

I don't think it counts as SAP or SAP+. The dues take it out of SAP, & the location takes it out of SAP+.
But it could be a good way to get benefits if you really like the resort. ;)
I’m not trying to push OKWE on anybody who doesn’t want to stay there, but I think the pricing over 300 points makes it SAP and the direct points being useable at RIV and VDH and CFW (and whatever comes next) make it +.

A lot of the “grandfathered” resale SAP will end in 2042, so I would imagine that while it will get MUCH harder to trade into Poly, VGF, and BLT— it could actually get easier to get into RIV, CFW, and VDH (and anything new at WDW).

Having said that, we still have no idea what the plans are for the “trust” aka “DVC 2.0” and how much harder that might make it to use even direct SAP+ points… so I wouldn’t tell anybody to buy at OKWE unless they love it or they never plan trips before 7m anyway. If I was sure they weren’t going to put direct SAP points at a disadvantage to “trust SAP”, I would be really tempted to pick up a few hundred OKW-E points for whatever comes next at bay lake and VDH— as most of our trips get finalized within 6 months.

We split our initial buy into 2x125 points at Riviera direct, and the closing costs were negligible. This way we have the flexibility to sell off a contract if it's not working. We also have 2 kids who love disney, so if we are to leave them our contracts, it is easier that way. We have over 1000 points now but only one contract is 200 points. one is 160, and everything else is under 150 points

We were set to add on at RIV (currently have direct points there but need about 250 more) and want direct points to stay there, but are buying additional points to use primarily as SAP for trips we plan less than 7 months out.

Seriously considering OKW now given the promotion. Even though the dues are higher, the upfront cost for 250 points is significantly less than RIV.

UGH, the back and forth in my mind continues…

I think @Sandisw did this - you could get resale RIV to match your current RIV UY, then use the resale RIV points for RIV only and your 250 direct as SAP+? And then you also have 500 points to use at RIV for that GV stay ...

Last edited:
So…. Is OKW now a direct SAP?

I’m not sure it qualifies as SAP+, but someone people who have stayed there seem to love the larger room sizes and low point chart.
I think the pricing over 300 points makes it SAP and the direct points being useable at RIV and VDH and CFW (and whatever comes next) make it +.
Apparently I missed something... is there a flash sale going on or something?

$165pp Direct for 150/benefits isn’t a bad deal at all. I still don’t like the dues, but that is a decent deal.
I think 250-300 is where it gets really hard to resist…but only if you already needed another 300+ points a year (and another $3000 a year in dues, lol) in the first place.

So technically if you bought 300points divided into six 50pt contracts, and sold 3 of them you could end up with benefits for a pretty damn good price? (I’m thinking the extra closing costs would only be $5pp ish?)

So technically if you bought 300points divided into six 50pt contracts, and sold 3 of them you could end up with benefits for a pretty damn good price? (I’m thinking the extra closing costs would only be $5pp ish?)

Looks like they limit it to four contracts per purchase: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...racts-at-the-same-time.3891911/#post-64202680

But maybe you could get a 150 and 3 x 50.

But I don't think buying 3 50-point contracts and then flipping them would result in a net profit. Even with the small-contract premium, resale prices be higher than direct prices, or else people would just buy direct.

Looks like they limit it to four contracts per purchase: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...racts-at-the-same-time.3891911/#post-64202680

But maybe you could get a 150 and 3 x 50.

But I don't think buying 3 50-point contracts and then flipping them would result in a net profit. Even with the small-contract premium, resale prices be higher than direct prices, or else people would just buy direct.
Oh definitely not, I'm just saying you could get 150points/benefits for a pretty good price. Definitely not make any profit. ($70off after closing costs is more like $65)

Technically if you bought 500 (for $90off?) could be even better, but still divided into 150, 150, 100, 100... but 100's aren't going to hold the resale price that a 50 will.

Oh definitely not, I'm just saying you could get 150points/benefits for a pretty good price. Definitely not make any profit. ($70off after closing costs is more like $65)

Technically if you bought 500 (for $90off?) could be even better, but still divided into 150, 150, 100, 100... but 100's aren't going to hold the resale price that a 50 will.
OH, I see. You're saying buy-and-flip to capture the larger per-point discounts. I guess it would just depend on the value of the discounts vs the losses you'd take on re-selling the contracts.

Would appreciate feedback.

I have direct points in April UY (VGF and BWV). I have resale BLT in Feb UY. From what I’ve read, I may not be able to use my DVC-Y card for certain things (TOTW, WWD, lounges) when staying on the resale membership.

I was thinking of adding direct OKW to Feb UY to sort of “wash” that membership to have a DVC-Y card. Issue is DH has no desire to stay at OKW. We love BLT, especially with a 5 year old. BLT resale is still less money than OKW direct. Do I add on resale at OKW?

I have direct points in April UY (VGF and BWV). I have resale BLT in Feb UY. From what I’ve read, I may not be able to use my DVC-Y card for certain things (TOTW, WWD, lounges) when staying on the resale membership.

I was thinking of adding direct OKW to Feb UY to sort of “wash” that membership to have a DVC-Y card. Issue is DH has no desire to stay at OKW. We love BLT, especially with a 5 year old. BLT resale is still less money than OKW direct. Do I add on resale at OKW?
I do not think that is correct. If you qualify, you qualify, regardless of what points you are using for the stay, but someone can correct me if im wrong. :)

How many points do you have at each already?

I don’t believe that’s true. As long as you’re DVCY in some capacity it doesn’t matter what points you’re using for your stay.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter