Sara & Ryan's Wishes PJ & TR ~ 8/17/10 WP/GF/Marina ~ 1/22 Thank you!

Yay! Getting ready pics!
Love them, your Scarlet O'Hara moment is so much fun. I'll miss that since my dress has a zipper, but both my mom and my best friend are waaaay too far away to come and learn how to lace it for me so it will be for the better.

Can't wait for the rest! :thumbsup2

Our first look was taking place behind the staircase in the lobby. It was so hot outside and with all the construction going on at the GF it was a little challenging to find places where you couldn't see construction in the background.

Kat, Jensey and I walked through the Lobby to meet up with everyone else. It was so fun walking through the lobby in my wedding dress, I really felt like a princess. :goodvibes

They had my brother standing guard on one side, and a few of the other groomsmen on the other side.

SR_0131.jpg

SR_0135.jpg

DH waiting for me
SR_0134.jpg

I'm definitely glad we did the first look because we were able to do a bunch of photos before the ceremony and I think it made us a little calmer before the ceremony. It definitely didn't take away any of the excitement of the ceremony either. For us it was also nice to have that time with just us - and two photographers and a videographer, of course. :rotfl:

SR_0140.jpg

SR_0142.jpg

SR_0143.jpg

SR_0145.jpg

SR_0153.jpg

SR_0155.jpg

We sent the GM back up to our room to get the bouquets and stuff and then DH and I went outside to take a few pictures.

Of course we had to get some by the fountain:
SR_0159.jpg

SR_0165.jpg

SR_0173.jpg

it was really hot and sunny out so after a few pics we moved over to a bench. Definitely glad I got those fake lashes!
SR_0180.jpg

SR_0181.jpg

SR_0196.jpg

At this point we were definitely ready for a break from the heat, so we went back inside to do some of the bridal party shots.

Up next: Bridal party shots and more pre-ceremony shots

Your first look is so great! And the getting ready pictures are wonderful. I'm so jealous of the first look, but no matter what I do, Mike is unwilling to do one. :mad:

I can't wait to see more!

You look so gorgeous!

Awww, I love the first look, we are having one as well, we want time to take photos at AKL and to gather ourselves before we are running and out the door.

You looked so beautiful! :thumbsup2

gorgeous photos!! Your first looks pics turned out so intimate. There's something special about walking around the GF in a wedding dress - I felt the same way! Can't wait for the ceremony! :goodvibes

Great first look pictures and fountain pictures. So worth doing it I agree since you get more pictures in. I can't wait to see more!

Yay! Getting ready pics!
Love them, your Scarlet O'Hara moment is so much fun. I'll miss that since my dress has a zipper, but both my mom and my best friend are waaaay too far away to come and learn how to lace it for me so it will be for the better.

Can't wait for the rest! :thumbsup2

Awww, I love the first look, we are having one as well, we want time to take photos at AKL and to gather ourselves before we are running and out the door.

You looked so beautiful! :thumbsup2

I knew we had to do it since the dress had a corset! My MOH said the lacing was very complicated, and we have this non-pro pic where it looks like her eyes are bulging out of her head at how difficult it is :rotfl:. It definitely took two of them a while to do it, a zipper is way easier. ;)

Thanks! I think it's totally worth it, we got so many pictures of the two of us and I really liked the relaxing time with just our photographers / videographers.

Your first look is so great! And the getting ready pictures are wonderful. I'm so jealous of the first look, but no matter what I do, Mike is unwilling to do one. :mad:

I can't wait to see more!

You look so gorgeous!

Thanks Sam! Aww, that's too bad. My DH was a little against it at first, but I was able to convince him otherwise. I have seen some cute "non-first looks" where the bride and groom are standing on opposite sides of the door.

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

I am loving all of your pictures! You were a gorgeous bride. Your first look pictures are so precious :lovestruc

Thanks so much! I'm really glad we did the first look, I had never heard of it before reading on the disboards!

gorgeous photos!! Your first looks pics turned out so intimate. There's something special about walking around the GF in a wedding dress - I felt the same way! Can't wait for the ceremony! :goodvibes

Thanks Wendy! I had kind of hoped DH would burst into tears or something :laughing:, but he actually managed to keep it pretty together. It was definitely nice to have that time together. Wasn't it so awesome? It really was like being famous or something. We both loved that part so much.

Great first look pictures and fountain pictures. So worth doing it I agree since you get more pictures in. I can't wait to see more!

Thanks Stephie! I totally agree, I definitely wanted a lot of pictures so we gave the Roots plenty of time to photograph us. We even did pictures after the ceremony too.

Everything looks so amazing!! Your dress is perfect!

Thanks so much! I loved my dress so much.

Wow Sara the first look photos are beautiful and it looks like it was such a special moment : )

Thanks Marissa! It really was great and only took a few minutes. I really enjoyed being able to spend that time before the ceremony with DH.

It was so nice to be back inside in air conditioning! While we were waiting we took a few pictures inside. This one was Kat's idea, she had really wanted to have me in the window of Summer Lace, but I don't think they would have really allowed that since they would have had to move the whole display. I loved these though!

SR_0216.jpg

SR_0220.jpg

everyone else was getting ready.
SR_0226.jpg

We then did our bridal party shots, most of these were pretty traditional, but I feel like you have to have them.

my FG was feeling a little nervous with all the cameras...
SR_0268.jpg

group shot:
SR_0273.jpg

I then did pics with each of the girls, we did one normal and one laughing / funny. I must say though, after seeing the guys' photos theirs are totally better!

A funny one with my brother
SR_0300.jpg

Then it was the DH's turn
SR_0309.jpg

SR_0314.jpg

Then we went outside to get a big group picture, and Jensey casually suggested getting some pics on the wall. I had loved our our epics had turned out here so I told her we totally wanted to do it. I did need to change into flip flops, but our bridal party was awesome and didn't complain at all and I think we got a few cute ones.
SR_0243.jpg

SR_0258.jpg

We went back inside and the BP was going to head over to the WP and DH and I would take a few more pictures at the Poly. Someone arrived to help me with my train!
SR_0238.jpg

and we were off
SR_0324.jpg

I thought it might be fun to do some pics at the Poly since our epics were at the GF and we were going to Hawaii on our honeymoon. We didn't have much time so we went straight to the bridge.
SR_0328.jpg

SR_0339.jpg

Then we took some pictures by a tree, and I really liked how these ones turned out.

we're using this one for our Thank-you cards.
SR_0348.jpg

ah my bouquet, why didn't I preserve you?
SR_0345.jpg

love the light through the trees in this one.
SR_0358.jpg

And before we knew it, it was time for the ceremony :bride:.
SR_0375.jpg

omg everything looks so amazing!! You and your BMs look amazing and your FG is so cute!! :goodvibes I cant wait to read more!!

I am loving your recaps so far.

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

omg everything looks so amazing!! You and your BMs look amazing and your FG is so cute!! :goodvibes I cant wait to read more!!

Thanks so much! It really all turned out even better than I had hoped. Thank you, we had Beaute Speciale do our hair and make-up and everyone loved them. She really is a cutie, and we perfectly behaved on our wedding day too. It was even cuter to see her interact with Minnie later on. :)

Aw, you leave us hanging again!

Great photos with the group, and at the Poly.

Your flower girl is ADORABLE!

Lol, I promise the ceremony really is coming up! :laughing: Thanks! Isn't she? She is very funny too. I was surprised she was so shy, she's normally a little ham!

I couldn't believe it was time for the ceremony! I went straight to the Bride's Vestibule and DH joined the guys who were already lined up.

Here's what the inside of the WP looked like
SR_0383.jpg

I was so overwhelmed by how beautiful the centerpieces were!
SR_0386.jpg

Apparently we had a violinist! I didn't even know until I saw some guest pics later on :laughing:. This was a nice little surprise since we hadn't planned on having a violinist and our guests were impressed.
SR_0387.jpg

I really liked it in the Bride's vestibule, it's a shame you don't get to spend more time in there.
SR_0398.jpg

This is also when I discovered a small black spot on the front of my dress :eek:. My MOH came to the rescue with a tide pen but it did not work at all, so we think it must have been grease from the door jamb of the limo. Luckily with the pick-ups on my dress it was not as noticeable.

Rev Day came in to see me before the ceremony. He really is the sweetest man.
SR_0402.jpg

The guys and Rev Day walked in to the Throne Room Scene music from Star Wars.
SR_0452.jpg

The girl's walked in to Canon in D, we didn't give much thought to the music so we just went with mostly traditional selections. Honestly, I don't even remember hearing the music the whole time, which also explains how I didn't know about the violinist!
SR_0464.jpg

Then the FG & ring bearer came in. I thought it was so cute how serious our little FG took sprinkling the petals on the aisle, you can really see the concentration in her face in some of the photos.
SR_0467.jpg

SR_0473.jpg

Our ringbearer was actually really mad that he didn't get to hold the rings. We had thought about it since he is a little older but we thought it might be a hassle taking them off of the pillow. It was a good thing though because he ended up dropping the pillow twice! :laughing:

Then it was my turn!
SR_0478.jpg

SR_0485.jpg

I'm going to just let our actual ceremony tell the story ;)

We are gathered here to share in one of the happiest moments in the lives of Sara and Ryan, as they are about to become husband and wife. They are delighted you have chosen to share this very special time in their lives.

True marriage is more than joining the bond of marriage of two persons. It is the uniting of two souls already attuned to one another. We are here to observe the beginning of a new relationship between Sara and Ryan, these two friends who are already one in spirit.

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be present in a surrounding…where dreams come true…where couples unite in marriage and where others become closer friends…and, where others fall in love all over again. Thank you for Sara and Ryan as they begin their journal through life together – please walk with them each step of the way…and give them the faith, and the wisdom, to face whatever the future may hold…in your name we pray, Amen.

May I ask who adds their blessing to this beautiful wedding by presenting Sara to be married to Ryan?

Father of the Bride: Her mother and I do.

It is with love and joy that your families are with you on this happy occasion, as a new family is begun.

SR_0496.jpg

Please face each other and hold both hands, so you may feel the gift that they are to one another.

SR_0506.jpg

Sara and Ryan, these are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you. 
They are being held by yours on your wedding day as you two promise to love each other for the rest of your lives. 
The hands that you hold are the very hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future and share your innermost secrets and dreams together. 
These too are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch will comfort you like no other. 
These are also the hands that will hold you when fear or grief threaten to overwhelm you. 
These too are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes, tears of sorrow and tears of joy. 
These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. 
These are the hands that will help you to hold your family together as one. 
And these are the hands that will give you strength when you need it the most. 
And lastly, these are the hands that even when becoming wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

God, bless these hands, may they always be held by one another. Give them the strength to hold on during the storms of every day life. Keep them tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love. We ask this in your name. Amen

SR_0508.jpg

Do you, Ryan, knowing of this woman’s love for you and returning it, realizing her strengths and learning from them, recognizing her weaknesses and accepting them, take Sara, to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Ryan: I do

SR_0520.jpg

Do you, Sara, knowing of this man’s love for you and returning it, realizing his strengths and learning from them, recognizing his weaknesses and accepting them, take Ryan, to be your lawfully wedded husband?

Sara: I do

(I jumped the gun a little bit on this and said "I do" before Rev Jack finished. He said something really funny and we all laughed.)
SR_0525.jpg

SR_0526.jpg

Marriage is not only a commitment between lovers; it is also an agreement between two friends. A good marriage most be created together. The little things are the important things. It is never being too old to hold hands. It is remembering to say “I love you” at least once a day. It is never going to sleep angry. It is at no time taking the other for granted. It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy and love.

This service is not magic. It will not create a relationship that does not already exist. It is a time for tying a knot in the rope of days and saying, “We will not slip backwards from here, but will go forward together.” It is a time for one thing of which we are certain, love for one another and a desire for that love to last forever. Love one another and you will be happy. It is as simple and as difficult as that.

SR_0513.jpg

You are now taking into your care and keeping the happiness of the one person in all the world whom you love the best. You are adding to your life not only the affection of each other, but also the companionship and blessing of a deep trust as well. You are agreeing to share strength, responsibilities, and love.

You will indeed experience marriage to be one of life’s greatest commitments, one of life’s greatest blessings, but also one of life’s greatest challenges. So, be mindful of this; every effort to preserve love with one another by demonstrating patience, by holding each other gently, and by lifting each other up, will go a long, long way in guaranteeing a wonderful and happy life together.

As a symbol of your union, will you now join hands and look into the eyes of the one you love and repeat after me:

SR_0537.jpg

I, Ryan, take you, Sara, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life.

I, Sara, take you, Ryan, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life.

The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. These rings have no beginning and no end…a circle of life and a circle of love. God bless these rings. May they be given, may they be received to remind you of the vows you have made today.

SR_0541.jpg

(I love the look on our RB's face, you can totally tell he's thinking he should have the rings!)

SR_0543.jpg

Ryan, please place this ring on Sara’s finger and repeat after me:

I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. I give you my promise to share every smile, every tear and every dream I have with you. I give you all that I am, and all that I will be, from this moment on.

Sara, please place this ring on Ryan’s finger and repeat after me.

SR_0550.jpg

I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. I give you my promise to share every smile, every tear and every dream I have with you. I give you all that I am, and all that I will be, from this moment on.

SR_0552.jpg

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. Ryan, please place your engagement ring on Sara’s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

SR_0553.jpg

As love is symbolized by light, may the lighting of this candle remind us of the estate of unity you are now entering. May the lighting of the candle by you together, serve as witness that your lives are no longer parallel, but are now one. May the blessing of light, be with you always, light without and light within. May the brightness of this candle shine throughout your lives, giving you courage and reassurance in the darkness. May its warmth give you shelter from the cold. And may its energy fill your spirits with strength and joy. May your love be as beautiful on each day you share, as it is on this day of celebration. You may light your unity candle.

SR_0558.jpg

SR_0561.jpg

(Yay! It worked. Now came the other complicated part, Rev Day had a specific way he wanted us to walk back to the front, I think we got this right too.)
SR_0566.jpg

May you always need one another, not so much to fill the emptiness as to help each other know your fullness. May you succeed in all the important ways with each other, and not fail in the little graces. Find things to praise, often say, “I love you”; and take no notice of small faults. May you have happiness, and may you find it in making one another happy. May you have love, and my you find it in loving one another.

Sara and Ryan, may your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitement that a marriage should bring. And my life grant you patience, tolerance and understanding.

Sara and Ryan, you have pledged your lives and souls to one another in our presence; therefore by the authority vested in me by the State of Florida, I pronounce you husband and wife. What God has joined together let no one put asunder.

Ryan, you may now kiss your beautiful wife.

SR_0568.jpg

SR_0571.jpg

Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth.

Ladies and Gentlemen, with the greatest of pleasure I present to you for the first time as husband and wife...

SR_0574.jpg

SR_0580.jpg

SR_0583.jpg

I think you were stunning and the WP second to you. I have to say that you made the WP carpert look obsolete. I always doubt that carpet. In my mind it detracts from the beauty, but your ceremony in the WP looks amazing. I love it and congratualtions....

Loving everything! Your flower girl is precious and I really like the picture of your husband watching you walk down the aisle. Your flowers are gorgeous and everything went together so nicely. You look so completely happy in all of your pictures, I love it!

Love love love everything!

Your bridal party dresses totally went with your dress and the flowers were gorgeous. I really wish we could do more with these afterwards. My two sisters were my bridesmaids and their flowers went to both my Nana's and then the day after (we were already flying to Disney for our honeymoon) all my family took mine up to the cemetary to put on my Grandad's grave which was really nice but I wish I could keep them forever!!

Can't wait to see/read more and don't want your report to end! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter