Sarasota springs

giants78

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me some info on how their trip was to Sarasota Springs. This will be our first time going and i was just wondering about it and how the service, rooms and other things were about it. Thanks! :cool1:

It's Saratoga Springs. What kind of room did you book? Are you a DVC member or booking with cash? I'm a DVC member and couldn't tell you much about the housekeeping service since we don't get it unless we stay awhile - but I did get a towel animal.

PROS:
Beautiful guest rooms
Everything very new and clean
Wonderful proximity to Downtown Disney
DH, DS9 and I all loved the main pool, which was themed a bit like that at WL, but with zero-depth entry

CONS:
Very large, depending on where you are, it can be a hike to the pool/food court
Didn't feel especially "themed"...more like an elegant resort or gated, upscale residential community than a Disney resort (to us at least)
Food court was attractive, but limited in it's offerings

Hope this helps!
Karla B. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

If you go further down to the DVC Board, you will find lots of information about Saratoga springs. It's a Disney Vacation Club Resort, the newest one. The threads talk about everything you would want to know.

We just retuned from SSR on the 14th. It was our first stay there. We were in a studio at Congress Park which faced out on DTD. It's a hike to the main pool but we used the quiet pool and hot tub and it was great-but we are just 2 adults- so the whole slide thing and zero depth wasn't important to us. Room was very nice and mousekeeping was great. I did like the full size coffee maker and frig set up. The vanity area would benefit from 2 sinks but other than that I can't think of a thing that I didn't care for though we probably wouldn't stay here again it was really spread out and we enjoy the deluxes more (AKL, BC & YC) but it is a very nice resort absolutely no complaints. I'm sure you will have a great time. Enjoy. :flower:

As stated since this is a Disney Vacation Club resort you will find plenty of info about the resort including photos on the DVC forum.

We love this resort, beautiful buildings and grounds, new plush furnishings and decor in the villas.

The theme is based on Saratoga Springs, NY and according to guests from that area it is very authenic.

Yes, we've been to the real Saratoga Springs before and the Disney version of the theme is authentic, but it's a very subtle subject for a theme. Kind of like choosing Annapolis, MD as a theme...while it's a lovely place, it's theme doesn't stand out like CS, CBR, POFQ, Poly, WL, or AKL.

JMHO!!!

Karla B. :sunny:

ptrbryant said:
Yes, we've been to the real Saratoga Springs before and the Disney version of the theme is authentic, but it's a very subtle subject for a theme. Kind of like choosing Annapolis, MD as a theme...while it's a lovely place, it's theme doesn't stand out like CS, CBR, POFQ, Poly, WL, or AKL.

JMHO!!!

Just wondering if you are a DVC member? We are members and SSR is our home resort... We Love it. There is a thread on the DVC board about stand alone DVC (Old Key West and Saratoga Springs, vs the other WDW DVC locations) and in my opinion, as a member, I prefer OKW and SSR because they are themed down with more of that hometown feeling. When we stay at WDW we like to spend the time in the parks out and about and we like to come back to the calm of the hotel, not more go go go like the other resorts make me feel (I also LOVE Fort Wilderness for the reason, just very relaxing). Sure the amenites are less and the food court is too, but you have to look at the big picture, members pay for the amenites that are offered and don't want to pay for things that they are not going to use. Most of the Villas (1 and 2 bedrooms and the Grand Villas) have kitchens so the need for a HUGE food court and things like room service are not there.

It is just all perspective I guess. While I agree without a car the property is big, but again you are at a DVC resort, most members (not all, but a lot) have cars as this is their timeshare.

As for the resort itself, we love it. We love being able to come "home" and relax without the hustle and bustle, we like the extra room that is provided in DVC rooms, we love that everyone (for the most part) is very "Pixie Dust". The service is good, the people are friendly and while it was mentioned that we don't get housekeeping everyday as members (cash guests do) when we get the service it has always been great...Towel animals and all...

ptrbryant said:

JMHO!!!

I understand what you are saying, and certainly a Polynesian, Carribbean or African theme is more encompassing. But I think the theme at Saratoga Springs, while not as well known to travelers ,is very unique and as you said authenic. It is also to us a very pleasing theme with many visual delights.

I guess my comment was more to other comments that the resort has no theme at all. While it does, it just might not be as well known or recognized. But then I guess some might not be familar with the theme at the Yacht and Beach Club either.

It's really up to each individual as to how much "theming" is right for them. Many people love the big theming at POP and the All Stars resorts, while that's just a bit too much for us. Others probably love the more understated theming of SSR and, really, I would include Beach Club in that, too. On our last trip, we stayed part of the time at POR-Riverside and, since we now live in the South, much of the "theme" seemed almost too much like home to us---next year, we're going to try CBR instead.
No, we're not yet DVC members, but have rented at VWL and SSR in the past...still trying to make up our minds about buying in.
For the record, I felt there were more PROS than CONS at SSR...I was just trying to include what I could think of that the OP may want to consider or look into further. I can't count how many times I've clicked through all the resort photos on deb's site, trying to get a feel for the different resorts along with varied opinions from the disboards!

Karla B. :goodvibes

I think that to make it more authentic they should start offering horseback riding as an activity at SSR.

Really fast horseback riding, around an oval track. With betting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter