saratoga Springs Buses

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
:cool1:
We joined DVC in september 2003 and have been once summer 2004..The resort was just opened a month and the buses ran really really slow..
Anyone been there sicne and can give a report??
Friends went and said it was the same now we are there in sept..wondering wha to expect..

My last trip to SSR was in December. Never had trouble with busses going to the parks. Waited quite a while a couple of times to catch a bus back to the resort. Had to get the Old Key West bus to drop us off once :rolleyes: I would think bus service will only improve as more and more buildings open....

I did hear that the waits were very long..Do you agree??
How was the food slection when I was there not much but they had jsut opened..which building did you stay in??

We just got back and that was my only problem with the resort. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to MK, gave up and hopped the bus to Epcot to get a monorail. We then waited a half hour for the bus to Downtown Disney. I was not a happy camper. My dh doesn't want to stay there until they get that bus situation worked out. It's a beautiful resort though. The cm's were great there, always a welcome home.

We stayed there last October and had no problems with buses at all. I think the longest we waited was about 10 minutes. :sunny: We were in Congress Park and absolutely loved it - can't wait to go back! :cool1:

Charlotte

I was there in April and had great bus service, no problems at all. Only once I waited 15 min at Epcot going back to SSR. That was my longest wait. Everything else was very quick. And this was during New England Spring break! I've said before luck & timing have a lot to do w/it, but 45 min is excessive to say the least!
Looking forward to going back in Nov, and hope I continue to have great luck w/the busses!

We had no bus problems at SSR last fall either. I suspect the problems come each time they open a new area, and that has just happened.

Just got back, was there from 6/28-7/8:
I dont think we wated more than 15 min for a bus from the Carrage House area. Problem is we stayed in The Paddock, and the bus stop directly infront of our building (The ONLY open building in the paddock area) was closed. The next one down near the closed building was infront of the paddock areas pool was open. It was a slightly shorter walk from the open paddock stop from the carrage house, but the bus service was very spoty in the paddock area since apparently the busstop had JUST opened that week and it seemed like no bus driver knew how to get there.

Also no one could explain to me why that busstop was closed even though that was the only open building. :confused: I really considered taking the closed sign down and moving it to the next stop in the middle of the night :rolleyes1

We were also there in May (the end of May). We did not have problems with the bus service.

We stayed in Congress Park during the middle of June this year for our first visit as DVC members. The bus service was great, we never waited for than 15 mins for a bus. The return bus service was almost perfect as well with only 1 long wait from EPCOT.

HI, as I said in another post we just got back from our first trip home SSR, and had no bus waits over 10 min, we even got to sit in the drivers seat and take pictures. Anyway the bus was always there in about 10 min.

In December we did not wait more than 10 minutes for a bus at SSR. We were very happy :)

We were there in June. Most of the time the busses were fine.

This was one of my 2 complaints about SSR(and I would go back)...The other thing was lack of food choices. We went in MArch for 2 weeks, in all fairness it was really busy.

We just returned from a six-night stay at SSR. The long wait for bus transportation was my major complaint. We regularly waited 35-40 minutes for a bus. This put total wait and transportation time to and from one park right around 2 hours. We like to parkhop and paid extra for the parkhopping option, but this really stifled our plans. Previously we have stayed at the Polynesian, the Contemporary, and Fort Wilderness Lodge. We have decided that from now on we are going to stay in a resort on the monorail line.

We stayed there from Sept 24-29 and had no problem at all with buses. We didn't experience problems when we went in May either. Love it there!

While I do lurve my dear home resort, SSR, the uneven (therefore undependable) nature of the bus service is really the only complaint I have. During past WDW trips, I used to love the buses - I sort of felt they were another attraction (hey, growing up in Metro Detroit, Mass Transit was a novelty ;) ). But since we've stayed at SSR 3 times (coming up on 4th) we've driven to parks more and more. Sometimes a bus would arrive a few minutes after we got to the stop, but there were many (too many, IMHO) times when the wait after we got to the stop was over 30 minutes, with some (AK) 40+ waits.

Optimist that I am, I'm hoping that these are merely growing pains (hard to schedule buses when there were two buildings open, or a new building is opening each month) but when DW and I get up and get going early, it's a disheartening way to start the morning when 35 minutes - and 6 other buses - pass by.

Be well.

We just returned from a great trip last week and I have to say the buses were no problem at all. I was very pleasantly surprised! Our only significant wait was at MK after Wishes (which was completely expected).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter