saratoga Springs Buses

We were there last October and last June. We had no problems with the bus.

Just got home from SSR. Overall, I have no complaints with the bus situation. The longest wait we had was ~30 minutes coming back from MK. Most times the bus wait was 10 minutes or less. Other times the bus was there when we got to the stop. Not bad considering how crowded the parks were. Family members staying with me waited 45 minutes for a bus back from MK on late evening night. That was do to other circumstances however.

a lot of people complain about ssr buses, disney probaly thinks if you have to wait too long you will just catch a bus to dtd, than take the boat over or walk over. being a dvc resort it shouldnt be that way, or with a regular hotel you shouldnt have to wait that long.
just remember i said it before not having to take disney buses=priceless

Just got back from SSR and the longest wait we had for buses was 10 minutes. I thought the bus service was great. :flower:

Pluto said:
a lot of people complain about ssr buses, disney probaly thinks if you have to wait too long you will just catch a bus to dtd, than take the boat over or walk over. being a dvc resort it shouldnt be that way, or with a regular hotel you shouldnt have to wait that long.
just remember i said it before not having to take disney buses=priceless
Nah. As I said before, if the buses run on time, their like another attraction. And, IMHO, the problems that they've had at SSR are primarily caused by the fact that the resort isn't even completed yet. I'm reserving judgement until all buildings are open and they've had a chance to sort things out; fair's fair.

We were at SSR in August and at least once per day waited 30-60 minutes for a bus. It was my only real complaint. They tried to tell me it was because the resort was new but I'm not buying it for a couple of reasons:

1. Hasn't it been open in some capacity now for TWO YEARS?? Plus, I don't remember reading about many bus issues when POP opened.

2. It's big and has enough guests on any given day to warrant better bus service. I don't know for sure (I'm sure somewhere here does :) ) but I'll bet SSR has more units open now than WLV or BCV. That many rooms requires reliable bus service. And it's no more spread out than OKW, and I rarely encounter a problem there.

DVC needs to fix this. I realize Disney, not DVC, is in charge of transportation, but DVC took my money for my piece of the resort, and books my room for me each time, so they need to put pressure on disney to get the problem fixed. I know they've gotten many compaints. I witnessed a ton while I was there, and when I called to complain I was told people call "frequently."

We are going again in Feb (despite DH's protests over the bus thing) but we are driving so we'll have a car.

Jenny

We just got back from 9 days and never waited more than 20 min.going to or from the parks.And we went at all times of the day. This was my 4th trip to SSR and there seem to be more buses running this time. I think there is only one building that is under roof left to open.And its the end building across the street from CP.It will open in nov.they said at the members update.

Was at SSR and OKW Sep27-Oct 3. At SSR our room was right over CP bus stop . While having coffee in the AM I watched the bus traffic and it was steady with no long intervals. The longest we waited was 15-20 minutes either at the resort or a park with one exception - we got to the bus area just as it was pulling out at MK on a MNSSHP night. We had been to the poly for food and went to MK to get the bus back to SSR. It was right after the park closed and just as people were going in for the party. That time we waited 30 minutes or so. Many times we were the only two people on the bus and I couldn't help but think how expensive it was to run that bus like that but they kept coming to pick people up even when no one was there. Maybe they cut back at certain hours and then the wait would be longer. All in all I found the bus service at SSR to be totally acceptable. Now at least they have the buses that go between parks so you don't have to go back to a resort if you want to park hop like you did some years.

I just got back yesterday and I spent 6 days at SSR and 2 days at OKW and the bus Service at SSR was great. I didn't wait long at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter