Saratoga Springs help

I have never heard of them not helping someone get their magical vacation if they already booked s resort. I think you need to take to the guides supervisor and complain. Key words might be to "escalate" this. Possibly shorten the trip by a day but since you're already in the 7 month time period, you should be able to buy the OTU points to cover the difference
It was the MS guide that I spoke to who told me that. We are actually 91 days out, and it's 5 nights. Like I said, if we can't switch it will be okay. Thank you for your advice, though. I may call again and ask one more time.

I emailed my guide, who told me that she could not help me and to contact MS. I called MS and asked about the Welcome Home Package. She told me that because I had already booked the resort for Saratoga Springs without calling them first that she could not help me with that. I told her I did not know that was an option (The Welcome Home Package. . . not the calling part) as I was new to this, but had only discovered it thanks to other members (cue: all your help.) She said she understood, but there was nothing she could do except find a waitlist for me.

I am a measly 3 points shy from being able to waitlist CCV, BRV, and BCV. She put me on the waitlist for AKL at Kidani and for Boardwalk. I know that she would enjoy AKL very much, and The Boardwalk is so close to Epcot. Still, if nothing works out and we end up at Saratoga Springs, it will still be a wonderful

Unfortunately I see that I did not include in my info that the Welcome Home booking is help in getting your very first reservation. Here's your first lesson in DVC though - others have gotten MS to help them even though they booked something else. If you are willing you might call back and ask again if they could assist as your guide had not outlined this program and you found out about it after the fact. However, strictly speaking, it does state it has to be for the very first booking.

I very strongly agree with the suggestion that, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. In other words, I have OFTEN found that when 1 or 2 or 3 Cast Members have told me they couldn't do something, on another call I have connected with a cast member who didn't even blink twice, and just did it. Also, in some cases, they can't do it, but if they choose to call their supervisor, the supervisor can do it.

Keep in mind that the Cast Members WANT to help you. It is not only their job, but it is generally their personality. Besides, a good interaction with a Disney guest can make their day. ALWAYS be absolutely polite, and ask nicely, and you can get a lot. I also suggest you call and talk to them in person, rather than email them. They often are less likely to tell you NO, if you are on the phone with them.

Animal Kingdom is a wonderful resort. Very special. And since it is so large, it often will have rooms after most other resorts are booked up.

You said you are 3 points shy. Well, call Member Services and ask them if you can buy some One Time Use Points. You can use them in the 0 to 7 months window, to help make reservations, but you have to buy them from Member Services. They will sell you (rent you) up to 24 One Time Use Points per year, and I think the current cost is $19.

Good Luck

It has taken me a month to get everything settled, but I think all is in order.

I called again and inquired once more about the Welcome Home program. Again, I was told that I did not qualify. The CM I spoke to that time tried to help me search, but she could not find any solution. She suggested that I watch the Waitlist and stalk the DVC website to see if anything would show up. It did.

As luck would have it, I found three consecutive nights at The Polynesian for the last 3 nights of our vacation. I immediately called the CM I had been chatting with the second time, but she was not available. I spoke to another wonderful CM, but when she tried to book it for me those nights were no longer available. She put me on hold, spoke with someone else with some kind of special magic, and poof! She got them for us. She was amazing, and I told her that I would think of her again when we got to the Poly. I did have to purchase a few extra points to cover. 7? 12? It wasn't too much, really. Around $200 extra dollars.

For the first two nights, we are still waitlisted for AKV, but I'm quite settled with Saratoga Springs if it does not come through. Initially, I did not want to split stay for 5 days, but my mom is so happy that it no longer bothers me. I got what she wanted, and that's all that matters. She has told me multiple times that she thinks it's "cool" we are staying at two resorts.

She has agreed to rent an ECV, which will be helpful. I still intend to ask for first floor at. . . Grandstand? Is that the first bus stop? If it's not met, that's fine as well.

I came back for one more update and one more chance to thank you all again for your helpful advice. It is difficult being so new to this without much guidance, but you all directed me to reach the goal, which was to give her a chance to stay at The Poly. It is going to be a wonderful trip at both resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter