Saratoga springs

Debs, that looks amazing !! I can't wait for our first trip "home" next October.

Is it difficult to get the area that you want? I think we would like either Grandstand or Congress Park, if we can get them.

Well, we'd requested Grandstand, but when we checked-in they'd assigned us to Springs. I asked if there was anything available in Grandstand (there was) and she moved us. We arrived at 10am, though, having flown into Miami the day before - by all accounts, it's easier to get what you want the earlier you get there. mark&sue checked in the same day as us and they got Paddock. They weren't able to move them until the following day. wilma-bride arrived a few days later and also got Paddock (or was it Carousel?). I guess those of us flying in from the UK and not arriving until tea-time get what's left. :confused3

I think it is luck of the draw. I got in at 7pm and got Grandstand.
At first I wasn't too pleased as it seemed far away but I was very happy there. It was amazingly quiet (apart from the frogs after the rain!) and the pool is lovely.
Also being the first pick up/drop off on the bus is very handy.

OMG are the frogs bad this year !! There were dozens of the little devils last year, all waiting to pounce on me, I can't cope with the stress LOL

awww, I'd love to see all those little frogs ! (Don't you like them Jules??)

My Gran had frogs in her garden in Norwich, and I used to love watching them.

Another vote for congress park - we have had it the last 3 or 4 times at Saratoga and its great. Well positioned for a nice easy walk to downtown (followed by a stagger back:thumbsup2 )

Another tip mentioned before if you wanting a specific area is stay somewhere the night you land and check in early morning - you will usually get your choice of areas and sometimes your room hours before the 4 o'clock check in time.

David

awww, I'd love to see all those little frogs ! (Don't you like them Jules??)

My Gran had frogs in her garden in Norwich, and I used to love watching them.

Sue, frogs are the root of all evil, nastly gross little things which sit about Saratoga waiting for me to scream at them. I am completely scared stiff of them, sad I know, but there you go. They have as much right to be at Saratoga as I do, but that still doesnt help the totally irrational fear I have of them. I love Saratoga it is my dream resort, hence my user name, but it got to the point last year, where I dreaded going back at night as I knew the pathways would have frogs on, maybe I need therapy .....

Oh how I hate theses Forum's:

I lose sleep :surfweb: and they make us all want to be somewhere else ;)

And at the moment that's SSR in Grandstand part!

Forgot to say, another reason to stay away from the ground floor is that the odd (shhh .....) snake has been spotted in the undergrowth.:rolleyes1

Non poisonous, i think, but a snake is a snake :eek:

David

ps don't like snakes, but love saratoga springs, so please don't let them put you off.

Forgot to say, another reason to stay away from the ground floor is that the odd (shhh .....) snake has been spotted in the undergrowth.:rolleyes1

Non poisonous, i think, but a snake is a snake :eek:

David

ps don't like snakes, but love saratoga springs, so please don't let them put you off.

Exactly why I will never stay on the ground floor :scared1:

Belfast Boy, please dont be put off by my comments on the frogs, its a beautiful resort, I just have an irrational fear, I agree with other posters I wouldn't like a ground floor again. I really couldn't relax out there like I can when we have an upper floor. The final straw last year was when I took my glass of wine out outside at about 11.00pm to discover the budweiser frog sprawled on my patio chair, he looked well chilled out unlike me !! I will definately request an upper floor in future. I have no fear of lizards bit every time I heard a lizard in the grass outside the room, I convinced myself it was a frog LOL I am so sad !! On the plus side we got some nice visitors on the ground floor, a squirrel and a big white bird (looked like a stork), you will love it there

The frogs are waaaay cute, I'll post a photo later.

As promised specially for Jules.. a couple of princes in disguise

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

Aruna, you naughty, naughty girl, where is the first one on the wall, and the second what is he sitting on, heavens above this gets worse LOL

Jules, these little guys were in the side stairwells of the buildings, the second is sitting on the wall lamp there. So you may just want to use the lift :lmao:

They were doing a good job eating all the mozzies! :thumbsup2

just back from a week in SS following Disney Cruise and a week in WL. SS was great - one bedroom in Congress Park - we have stayed here before but never in another part of resort.

My family like this area - five minues walk to main pool, counter service and reception and five minutes walk to DTD and a smaller pool located behind the blocks. The buses to the park drop off at four or five different areas in the resort and although it all looks pretty i would prefer to stay where we were.

We had ground floor also and although no problems with frogs ( plenty last year in OKW) I wouldnt want this again for the same reasons - very small patio and not really able to leave wet swimming stuff outside as you would on a balcony.

Had a great time though - dont know if you have kids but the resort is the best I've been to -have been to all DVC (& Port Orleons and ASM) except AKV _ for kids activities in community hall and at the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter