Saratoga springs

BELFAST_BOY

Earning My Ears
Hello all

just bought my DVC at SSR and am now in the process of planing my first visit october 2008:woohoo: Could anybody please tell me the best area to stay in?

Hello all

just bought my DVC at SSR and am now in the process of planing my first visit october 2008:woohoo: Could anybody please tell me the best area to stay in?

Welcome to the family.

Our first trip is in October so I can only advise on location after that.:thumbsup2

congress park (with a view of DTD) is probably the most popular, along with the springs area (near check-in and the main pool.) opinions vary though...

don't be afraid to visit the general DVC-related forums a little further down and look for information there.

oh, and "welcome home..."

We love Congress Park :love: and we usually opt for that location if it's offered. However, we go with an open mind and are happy to try new locations if that's what we're offered.

Our first visit won't be until October 2008 either ........ but welcome along - we will be neighbours !

Will let you know soon as we are staying there in 9 days time :woohoo:

Claire ;)

No we haven't booked our flights yet. We'll book them when we get back from this years holiday - sometime in November. Hopefully should get some good deals.

Ive been phoning aroud trying to get some prices hardly any flights released and mosk are over £2000:eek:

We liked either the springs near the lake or in the grandstand near the pool there. Both had good views (not of DTD) and close to artist point and main pool.
If you fly virgin and check in at DTD ask if a bell man can take you and luggage to check in. We phoned to try and book a taxi and they said they would take us :thumbsup2

Request something other than ground floor(1st) as the "balcony area" isnt fenced off!:confused3

Hi Belfast Boy,

Good to see someone else form Belfast joining the DVC. We joined last October and are planning to go Easter 08 and August 08.

We arranged for our in-laws to stay for 2 nights last December where they stayed in Congress Park with great views of DTD. Grandstand is getting good reports with its great pool, views of the golf course and closeness to the reception block.

With regards to flights its best to book early. We got our flights with Globespan for £1750 (for 4 of us) and they are now quotng over £3000. Having said that we booked with Virgin (from Gatwick) for Easter and they've dropped their price by about £300. Also, definitely better to fly from Belfast for obvious reasons.

Also good to see a fellow blue nose.

We are also new DVC owners (home resort of SSR) and new Dis board members , we also wondered the quitest place to opt for:confused3

Hi

We are at SSR right now and are staying in the Grandstand part, 4th floor. I have to say it's lovely. We are very near to Carriage House(checkin) and so close to the pool.
A very nice resort. I have not heard any noise.

Hi Belfast Boy,

Good to see someone else form Belfast joining the DVC. We joined last October and are planning to go Easter 08 and August 08.

We arranged for our in-laws to stay for 2 nights last December where they stayed in Congress Park with great views of DTD. Grandstand is getting good reports with its great pool, views of the golf course and closeness to the reception block.

With regards to flights its best to book early. We got our flights with Globespan for £1750 (for 4 of us) and they are now quotng over £3000. Having said that we booked with Virgin (from Gatwick) for Easter and they've dropped their price by about £300. Also, definitely better to fly from Belfast for obvious reasons.

Also good to see a fellow blue nose.

I have never flew from belfast always from gatwick with virgin in my cases it has always been more expensive to fly from belfast plus you get better baggage allowance;) . I usually go the night before do twlight check in and stay in the hilton.I have a load of Virgin flying club miles so i am hoping to use them for my flight in a miles plus money offer.

our first stay was in congress park in a corner 1-bdrm with view of DTD. back when they shot off fireworks every night. it was wonderful. Beautiful park/garden area out by the lake and walkway with viewing area of the DTD panorama and fireworks. Alas i don't think the do the fireworks any longer??

The fireworks were great. We do an awful lot of walking in the evening so for us it has to be Congress Park as we not only walk to Downtown Disney we also walk to Crossroads and the restaurants further up by Winn Dixie.

We also walk to the downtown disney bus stops for evenings out at say Jikos or Whispering canyon. Just a 5 min walk and one bus so lots of cocktails!

Enjoy your stay. We love Saratoga Springs Resort

Susan

Hi and welcome
have you looked at aer lingus from Dublin
They are doing direct flights starting this Oct

We just stayed in Congress Park which we thought was excellent - so close to DTD so very handy for nights out and for buses to other resorts.

The only downside we found was that we were in a ground floor 1 bed which we found quite dark due to trees and shubbery outside. Also, never used the small patio area as very close to walkway and overhung by trees.

We had stayed in a 1 bed at BCV the week before and were always on the balcony so found this a bit of a pain.

I would stay at SSR again but would request an upper floor with full balcony if possible.

welcome home :wave2:

we love congress park but have to say Granstand looks really nice . we walked from the granstand to the West Side of DTD in no time over a wee bridge beside the golf course and as others have said right next to the main pool (although the granstand had its own pools) and check-in

if you had children I would say Grandstand as CP is quiet and wee bit of a walk if you were going to the main pool. Springs also looks nice and close to everything

We stayed at SSR for our first trip "home" in August. We requested Grandstand as I like staying in new places, but I didn't research too much other than that, so I didn't have any pre-conceived ideas of what was "the best".

We were thrilled with our location - a studio at the farthest back right corner of our building. We had glorious views of the LBV golf course and the Treehouse Villas and it was amazingly peaceful. The only sign of life we saw anywhere near us were the smokers at the entrance to our building and the boat passing by in the distance en-route from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney. Admittedly, the golf course was closed for refurbishment, but I could have put up with the odd golfer passsing my balcony.

The Grandstand pool was just across the parking lot and it was a 5 minute walk (tops) to the main building. There were laundry facilities in the pool area and dh seemed more than happy to deal with the washing whilst I was getting ready to go out in the evenings (I believe the pool bar figured heavily :rotfl: ).

The boat dock and the path to Downtown Disney are just beyond the main building. We've requested Grandstand again for our January trip and I'll be more than happy if we get the same location.

IMG_3632-1.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter