Saving leftovers for later

Mom of 3

Mouseketeer
We will be on the free dining in Sept. However, I think that even though 4 of us (2 adults, a 10 year old and a 6 year old) are on the dining plan (not #5 the 2 year old) we are going to end up with way to much food to eat. I was hoping that if we don't share that we could just take the leftovers or uneaten desserts back to our hotel with us for later. Is this okay to do? We have a soft sided cooler to keep leftovers in till we get back to our room and will have a microwave to warm leftovers.

Do others do this?

Yes, many people take their desserts to go. Its all really hot during that time, so just be careful with food going bad. It should be okay in the cooler for a little while tho. Enjoy - :goodvibes

We were on the DP in December and the first couple of days we took leftovers and desserts back to our room at night. We never took them during the day as I wouldn't have wanted anything else to keep up with. But we found out pretty quickly that we weren't going to eat anything we brought "home" with us. There is simply so much food when you're on the DP that we were full the majority of the time and just didn't have the time or the inclination to eat any of the leftovers.

We frequently had them box the desserts to take home. Didn't really eat much of the other food we took back to ther resort though... Yes, they will box any/all leftoverf for you. We had a fridge, but even so you need to be careful about how long you carry food around in the parks, etc.

Remember if its hot out and there is a chance you food might spoil or go uneaten there may be kids not on the dining plan that would like dessert! :rolleyes1

If you are going straight from the restaurant to your room, then I would say have it boxed. Even with a soft sided cooler I would be really leary of taking any leftovers and eating them later.

Nothing worse than food poisoning to ruin your vacation.

It has to be put into the cooler under ice right away, even at night. If you don't it will be completely spoiled before you know it. I was amazed at how fast things spoiled down there. With the humidity, it just accelerates it. Take a few sealable tupperware containers rather than just laying the styrofoam ones the restaurant gives you on top of the ice. That way you can bury the tupperware containers in the ice. Laying food on top of the ice came out spoiled the next morning even in a regular Ice chest rather than the cheap foam ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter