"Saving Mr. Banks" to film at Disneyland

Bummer! We will be there the following week. I would've loved to be there during the filming process! I hope someone will post pictures.

Bummer! We will be there the following week. I would've loved to be there during the filming process! I hope someone will post pictures.

I'll be there the 6th for sure and will be sure to take some photos of whatever activity it going on. :)

I'll be there the 6th for sure and will be sure to take some photos of whatever activity it going on. :)

Disney called a few weeks ago and cancelled our breakfast reservations at Carnation Cafe on Nov. 6th. I said something about "You just refurbed it - what's going on now?" and the CM said there would be filming but didn't know what it was about. I asked about this movie and she hadn't heard about it. I do think that is exactly what is going on. So if you want to "try" to get any shots, look around Carnation Cafe in the AM hours the 6th through the 8th. They will be closed for breakfast but open for lunch and dinner since the filming is in the mornings.

Personally I think they will bring the actors in from the back doors and close off any chance of seeing through the windows (or getting tourists looking in the windows in the shots) unless they plan to film any shots outdoors. We will be avoiding the possible small crowds that are in the area hoping to get a glimpse of Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson or whatever is going on. I hope it isn't difficult to get down Main Street with this going on.

The newly remodeled Carnation Cafe will probably be a nice English setting for the storyline. Walt went to England to talk the author into allowing him to make Mary Poppins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-rights-to-Disney-to-be-turned-into-film.html

I very much HIGHLY doubt they will let the general public get close enough to take pictures. One, the filming areas will be closed off to guests. Two, the scenes take place in the sixties; they can't have people without period clothing on walking around the sets. Everything has to blend and look right for the time period of the film.

They have an interesting Mary Poppins exhibit at the Disney museum in San Francisco. Apparently Hanks was photographed in front a few weeks ago. Wonder if this is a coincidence or had to do with the movie. A lot of wonderful Disney background is covered. Love this museum!

BTW, huge Tom Hanks fan. He can do it. Darken hair, mustache, suit, posture, nail his speech patterns, and he is Walt .

I recently sold a bunch of clothing to the costume designer for this film. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath hoping that I'll be able to spot one of the pieces in the final cut!

Disney called a few weeks ago and cancelled our breakfast reservations at Carnation Cafe on Nov. 6th. I said something about "You just refurbed it - what's going on now?" and the CM said there would be filming but didn't know what it was about. I asked about this movie and she hadn't heard about it. I do think that is exactly what is going on. So if you want to "try" to get any shots, look around Carnation Cafe in the AM hours the 6th through the 8th. They will be closed for breakfast but open for lunch and dinner since the filming is in the mornings.

Personally I think they will bring the actors in from the back doors and close off any chance of seeing through the windows (or getting tourists looking in the windows in the shots) unless they plan to film any shots outdoors. We will be avoiding the possible small crowds that are in the area hoping to get a glimpse of Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson or whatever is going on. I hope it isn't difficult to get down Main Street with this going on.

The newly remodeled Carnation Cafe will probably be a nice English setting for the storyline. Walt went to England to talk the author into allowing him to make Mary Poppins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-rights-to-Disney-to-be-turned-into-film.html

Ah, that's very interesting, I'll be curious to see how they cover up the area outside the restaurant.

I very much HIGHLY doubt they will let the general public get close enough to take pictures. One, the filming areas will be closed off to guests. Two, the scenes take place in the sixties; they can't have people without period clothing on walking around the sets. Everything has to blend and look right for the time period of the film.

Me either. I wouldn't expect to get close enough to see much, not the way when I was there for the Modern Family shoot, but I'll be interested to see which areas seem to be getting production action and whatnot. Not making a special trip down there, either, I'm off on Tuesdays, so I tend to make it down to DL then. :)

I recently sold a bunch of clothing to the costume designer for this film. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath hoping that I'll be able to spot one of the pieces in the final cut!

Ooh, that's pretty exciting! I hope you'll be able to spy your stuff as well. :goodvibes

Me either. I wouldn't expect to get close enough to see much, not the way when I was there for the Modern Family shoot ...

I am still shocked that Disney allowed Modern Family to spoil a bit of the Disney Magic by allowing one of the actors to dress up as Little John and break thw "wall" that is supposed to exist. If Mickey started talking to me in some normal dude or lady's voice, it would ruin it forever.

modern-family-dylan-as-little-john.png

DYLAN: It’s me, Dylan. I’m in the bear suit. I borrowed it to talk to you.
HALEY: Why are you dancing like that?
DYLAN: This is what Little John does. Maybe. I don’t know what movie this dude is from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter