SB: Frustrated at local scrapbooking classes

BevS97

disney scrapper
I live in the UK, where sb is very new and most people have never heard of it. I have 'met' a bunch of UKScrappers over the internet, but they all live down south, so I haven't been able to meet them for real.

Yesterday, my dh brought home a leaflet about some Adult Education scrapbooking classes being held locally - as you can imagine I was quite excited, and really looking forward to going, and meeting other people who knew what I was talking about - I figured maybe we could get together out of the classes and organise crops, maybe even a trip to London to visit the one and only sb supply store in the UK, I was getting quite excited.

Anyway - I rang up this morning to sign up for the class, and it is offered at 3 different times in the week, always from 1-3 in the afternoon. Did I mention that I work full-time??? I am so disappointed, I was even trying to work out if I could afford to go part-time as I drove to work this morning! I am hoping to get in contact with the teacher, who apparantly is moving over from the USA in the next few weeks, so maybe I can meet up with her to crop, but it's not the same :(

I guess only retired or stay at home mums want to keep their memories safe!

Bev

Bev, I'm sorry to hear about this. I keep vowing that when I retire (only 30 more years, woohoo!!) I'll have time to take stained glass, mosaic, quilting, etc classes, LOL.

This may sound kind of nutty, but would you feel comfortable posting a note on the bulletin board (old-fashioned corkboard, not the electronic kind!!) at church or your local grocery store, to see if others would want to get together to scrap? We live in the country, in a very small community so I would feel okay about doing this, but I can see where others might not.

Also, with more and more people working, hopefully the class will get shifted to an evening class. I know how you feel...sometimes it does feel like all the cool stuff gets scheduled for daytime...

I really don't think that anyone would know what I was talking about - Scrapbooking is completely unheard of up here.

What I do think I will do, is contact the teacher and see if she will invite her students to a weekend crop, surely out of 3 classes there will be a few who are bitten by the bug!

Bev

Bev,

Maybe you have some vacation or personal hours coming to you so that you could take a few sessions. You might meet a few ladies and be able to form a group outside the classes.

Just a thought, Chessie

That must be frustrating. I am like you....so eager to learn new things and techniques as well as make new friends. It seems like we have the opposite here. Every time I go to Michael's, etc., they are cleaned out of supplies. There are crops everywhere. My LSS offers classes once a week at night (6-8P) on various techniques. This week the class is die cuts, embellishments and chalking. If there is a handout or anything that I can pass along I would be happy to. I would also try to start your own group. Scrapbooking is so addicting, I am sure you can entice some ladies to give it a try by showing them your great work! :)

Best of luck to you!

Why not try teaching a few classes yourself....or organizing a private crop? As a SAHM I know I could never do daytime classes or crops because I have my kids then. Evenings and weekends probably work best for most people, except for the SAHM's whose kids are in school.

And if scrapbooking hasn't caught on where you are yet, what are you waiting for? You can bring it to your area!

Emma,

I thought you were taking the mick out of my typing, but I've noticed you are also in England so you wouldn't know what everyone is on about.

Basically, it is taking your photo's and putting them into albums, but decoratively.
The main thing is to use safe materials this generally means acid-free paper and adhesive. If you have every used sellotape or pritt stick on a photo and then come back to it 10 years later, you will see what damage can be done, especially with sellotape. Also the magnetic (sticky) albums are quite bad for your photo's as well.

you can see what I mean by looking at my scrapbooks which are online Bev;'s Disney Book & My brother's wedding

I am quite new at scrapbooking, so these are the efforts of an ameuter. There are 100's of scrapbooking sites out there -two which are good for browsing layouts are http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ & http://www.dmarie.com/

also, if you read this board, quite a few people have links to their scrapbooks in their signatures - there are some beautiful disney one's on here.

If you want to know anymore, you can email me. BevS97@tiscali.co.uk

Bev

Bev,

Im sooo sorry about my typing error, it was done totally in error. Thanks for taking the time to explain it all to me, I think I may be converted into trying it myself.

Thanks Again,

Emma

:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter