• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SB: How do you prepare for an all day crop?

chessie

DIS Veteran
How do you prepare for an all day crop?

I am going to my first all day crop next month. Sponsored by the LSS. I am excited. I have been to friends get together crops but this is my first official, one you pay for, all day crop. It will be held at a catering hall and they are serving breakfast and lunch.

What do you take?

How many pages do you prepare for?

I thought I would plan to do some of the more time consuming layouts I have planned. Is this a good strategy?

I am also looking forward to seeing other people’s books.

Chessie

Chessie

I usually try to get my stuff very organized before I go. I sort out what pictures/stickers/paper I want to use. Also bring extra pages, and extra adhesive. I did 25 pages at a 12 hour crop on National Scrapbook Day. I normally don't do that much at a crop. Usually I do around 13-15 pages, but I'd rather take too much and have to bring it back home, as not bring enough to work on. Also you might take your camera, to take pictures of layouts and ideas from other people's albums that you like. Depending on what they provide for you, sometimes I even take a small ice chest of pop, and a small munchie to share like candy. Also depending whether or not they will have supplies there for you to purchase, you might want to take a small supply of extra papers, or stickers. They usually have tools there for you to use so you don't have carry large trimmers, punches etc...You might make sure in advance if these tools are something you like to use. I find myself working on my own stuff for awhile, and then I walk around and look at what everyone else is working on.
Have a great time and get lots done!

Candi

I've gotten a little better at this with every crop I've gone to. <G> Now what I do is a little variation of power planning. I have a CIS photo holder (the accordian thingy) where I put all the pics I want to use and I sort them by theme. I'll even crop most or all of the photos beforehand if possible (and round corners, etc.) Then I take those 12x12 holders and put a bunch of different colored paper so that I have a little bit of just about every color I might want. Or you could go even further and decide exactly which colors you want to use for each layout and only bring those. Let's use this Saturday's crop that I'm going to as an example. I have some pics from dd#1's bday party. I have put all the bday embellishments I may want to use together in another 12x12 holder thingy. I also have some park pics. I've looked through idea books, found some ideas for layouts for them, and have put together embellishments I might want to use. I also have our beach vacation/my sister's wedding pics and I have a folder that has everything I've gotten for those pics.

I've found that a little planning helps A LOT! I don't spend a ton of time just trying to figure out which pictures to use, how to crop them, how to do the layout, etc. I used this method recently when I went to a weekend crop. I managed to do 74 pages that weekend. :)

The more time you can spend planning, the more pages you might complete at the crop. I try to leave home the kitchen sink , but I usually take way more than I need to take. Plan ahead, so you can leave the tools you won't use at home. :)

Travel light and have a good time. I love going to crops!

I have 14 sides planned so far.

I have a post-bound book I am not using. I slipped everything I plan to use for each layout into it’s own page protector.

I’m not a prolific scrapper so maybe if I plan for 25, that should do it.

I also want to spend some time looking at what others are doing.

I bought extra adheasive and those little pull tab thingies today.

Thanks for you tips. I can’t wait

Chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter