Scanning old scrapbooks

skuttle

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried to scan or digitize in some other way scrapbooks?

After my 2nd son was born in 2011, I realized I just didn't have the time to scrapbook anymore. I started making photobooks on Shutterfly after realizing that it was easier for me to do since all i needed to pull out was my computer, and they take up much less space!

I have several scrapbooks from my first son, as well as several disney trips. I was thinking about trying to scan them and then print them into a phonebook. I currently have two shelves of thick scrapbooks in my hall closet. I know if they were photobooks, I'd probably only need 1/2 a shelf!

Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks!

I bet you could if you had a 12x12 scanner...

I would call kinkos, any office supply store, maybe your local scrapbook store...

I can do some google searching for you of other places you may be able to send your pages to do for them to scan them...but cost could be a factor..

I have never done this but I could understand the desire to!

Last edited:
Thanks! I did Google it (I google everything, much to my husband's dismay!). Just looking for any first hand experience.

I figured you had googled already!

I just know sometimes we all type in different terms and find many resources! ;)

I haven't yet found a great way to scan 12x12 pages. I post my layouts on my blog and have just been photographing them and I don't like how they come out at all, but it seems like it's that or nothing. I wish someone could come up with an inexpensive 12x12 home scanner!

I might try the big scanner at my office, to see how it comes out. I think it would accommodate 12x12. I don't want to pay a ton. I also thought abour just taking a pic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter