"Scary" elements on Indiana Jones?

MermaidMommy

DIS Veteran
The only things that scare DD on rides are effects that make it seem like a bug, snake, etc. touches her, like what happens at the end of It's Tough to Be a Bug. (Seeing something projected on a wall or an animatronic won't bother her -- it's only a problem if she gets "touched" by something. ) Does the Indiana Jones ride have anything like that, or is all the "action" outside the car? I've read about the darts and the animatronic snake, and those won't be a problem, but if there's anything that pokes you like ITTBAB, I need to warn her....

There's nothing that touches you while riding in the car. The only effect you feel are the air darts as they "fly by." She should be fine.

Yes, there are bugs protected in a dark room with sound effects and a very large snake that lunges at the right side of the car but as previously posted the only thing you actually "feel" is air from a dart blowing by

No, nothing nor anyone will poke you, unless you poke first. ;) But..........be forewarned, that you will enter a cave that is notorious for bats, they are everywhere. They especially love to fly over peoples heads, sometimes flying so low, that you will feel a breeze that is created from the flapping of their wings. I am not talking one or two little bats here either. No, these are a combination of small and large bats. Mostly mamas with their winged babes. They love to dive bomb the tops of touristas heads, if they (The touristas) rile them up. Sometimes even then, the bats might still strike, like a blitzkrieg attack. But don't worry, they don't normally become snagged in ones hair.
But, when it does watch out! Because it's like smart man! Ouch!
Apart from that, a mama bat might swoop down to pull some hair from your head, to feather her baby bat nest.
But that will only happen during breeding season, which is the spring and summer, sometimes the fall too. It all depends on how frisky the bats are behaving. So, they are pretty much basic guidelines, not the actual written rule about bat breeding.
Indy fears not the bat. Well normally anyway, he does not. That's another story.
:faint:
Just cover your head and that of loved ones, if you should hear (Which you will) the sounds of bats and you all should be just fine. Well again, most likely will be anyway.
Yep, to live to tell about one's experience with the bats, tete to tete with snakes, monster spiders, zombie armies with poisoned blow dart weapons, flames from possibly hades itself and rats makes for a well rounded day at Mara's otherworldly Temple.

Enjoy the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.....

OP, I think Gisele is just trying messing with you because even in the queue line, there are no effects that touch you like the end of ITTBAB. There are some sound effects (like the bats) and a few interactive effects (e.g., if it's working and someone sets it off, the ceiling in one section will shake and you can tug on the bucket's rope and you'll hear someone in the well talk to you).

No, nothing nor anyone will poke you, unless you poke first. ;) But..........be forewarned, that you will enter a cave that is notorious for bats, they are everywhere. They especially love to fly over peoples heads, sometimes flying so low, that you will feel a breeze that is created from the flapping of their wings. I am not talking one or two little bats here either. No, these are a combination of small and large bats. Mostly mamas with their winged babes. They love to dive bomb the tops of touristas heads, if they (The touristas) rile them up. Sometimes even then, the bats might still strike, like a blitzkrieg attack. But don't worry, they don't normally become snagged in ones hair.
But, when it does watch out! Because it's like smart man! Ouch!
Apart from that, a mama bat might swoop down to pull some hair from your head, to feather her baby bat nest.
But that will only happen during breeding season, which is the spring and summer, sometimes the fall too. It all depends on how frisky the bats are behaving. So, they are pretty much basic guidelines, not the actual written rule about bat breeding.
Indy fears not the bat. Well normally anyway, he does not. That's another story.
:faint:
Just cover your head and that of loved ones, if you should hear (Which you will) the sounds of bats and you all should be just fine. Well again, most likely will be anyway.
Yep, to live to tell about one's experience with the bats, tete to tete with snakes, monster spiders, zombie armies with poisoned blow dart weapons, flames from possibly hades itself and rats makes for a well rounded day at Mara's otherworldly Temple.

Enjoy the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.....

First thing I did was look at the post date to see if this was posted 4/1, lol...

Gisele should write novels for a living (maybe she does?), or maybe excerpts for the J. Peterman Company catalog? Very nice.

I really hate to respond to this so late, but I am deathly afraid of spiders. are there any on this ride?

I really hate to respond to this so late, but I am deathly afraid of spiders. are there any on this ride?

If the projections are working, there can be spiders in the lights. And there are a few, here and there. Sit in the middle seats and you should be fine.

Yes, monster ones. But don't worry, normally if you don't bother them, they won't bite you. Of course if they feel threatened or are being particularly territorial at the time, then watch out! Good idea to bring a epi pen just in case, if you're allergic to spider bites. My Auntie Felicity from the Netherlands who hates spiders too was a real trooper. She steeled herself to go on this adventure with us, because one she didn't wish to become known as a woosie baby and two she was really looking forward to being visited upon by the fountain of youth and beauty. She was pushing 65 and on her small pension, could not afford botox and fillers. So anyway, there we were, enjoying Mara's Temple, and all of a sudden, as our jeep turns around into darkness, just being able to see the walls on either side of us and before us, from the jeep's headlights, all of a sudden, thousands upon thousands of spiders scurried across those stone walls. Well! All of a sudden, sevearl of those furry critters fell or dropped from the ceiling, I guess it was, unless they can fly? And fell on my poor and at that point screaming and peeing in her pantaloons, aunties hair. Well one landed on her lap. It was a disaster! It was epic man. Anyway, we managed to get them off of her, but alas, too late. For those fuzzy, but not cute beasts had already bitten her. So the good news is once we made it to literally the light at the end of the tunnel, we rushed my auntie to the closest ER. The bad news is her face was all puffed up. She looked like some kind of human mutant.She looked like a scene from the X Files! And all because she forgot her epi pen.

UPDATE: It took several weeks for her to return to looking normal. And you know, auntie looked like she was 29 again. Mara's Temple was so very kind to her. For Mara had bestowed upon my auntie, regained youth and beauty. The rest of us were just lucky enough to survive the temple. So i'm making an appointment soon for some Botox. Lol. ;) No....really man!
In case you're reading this at night then .... Nighty night! And sweet dreams...of Mara's powers! :)

Yes, monster ones. But don't worry, normally if you don't bother them, they won't bite you. Of course if they feel threatened or are being particularly territorial at the time, then watch out! Good idea to bring a epi pen just in case, if you're allergic to spider bites. My Auntie Felicity from the Netherlands who hates spiders too was a real trooper. She steeled herself to go on this adventure with us, because one she didn't wish to become known as a woosie baby and two she was really looking forward to being visited upon by the fountain of youth and beauty. She was pushing 65 and on her small pension, could not afford botox and fillers. So anyway, there we were, enjoying Mara's Temple, and all of a sudden, as our jeep turns around into darkness, just being able to see the walls on either side of us and before us, from the jeep's headlights, all of a sudden, thousands upon thousands of spiders scurried across those stone walls. Well! All of a sudden, sevearl of those furry critters fell or dropped from the ceiling, I guess it was, unless they can fly? And fell on my poor and at that point screaming and peeing in her pantaloons, aunties hair. Well one landed on her lap. It was a disaster! It was epic man. Anyway, we managed to get them off of her, but alas, too late. For those fuzzy, but not cute beasts had already bitten her. So the good news is once we made it to literally the light at the end of the tunnel, we rushed my auntie to the closest ER. The bad news is her face was all puffed up. She looked like some kind of human mutant.She looked like a scene from the X Files! And all because she forgot her epi pen.

UPDATE: It took several weeks for her to return to looking normal. And you know, auntie looked like she was 29 again. Mara's Temple was so very kind to her. For Mara had bestowed upon my auntie, regained youth and beauty. The rest of us were just lucky enough to survive the temple. So i'm making an appointment soon for some Botox. Lol. ;) No....really man!
In case you're reading this at night then .... Nighty night! And sweet dreams...of Mara's powers! :)
Nice try, but I actually found a thread specifically about spiders and know not to worry ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter