Schedule of 'Official' DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise 2.0 Events - UPDATED 12/6/2010

Tend to be 15-30 minutes early. Grew up 45 minutes away from everything, so learned to allow for all kinds of problems.

I was just posting what I would consider doing, if I was in their situation.

I am neurotic when it comes to being somewhere on time that I build in buffers. (I tend to arrive 30 minute earlier than I was told to arrive, just to be sure I don't run into any problems getting there)

Tend to be 15-30 minutes early. Grew up 45 minutes away from everything, so learned to allow for all kinds of problems.

We also tend to be really early to most events. I guess this may not be the case for 10AM Parasailing. My thoughts are to leave the Group Photo Shoot between 9:45 & 9:50AM depending on how far we have to go. Hope it all works out.

I have a 9:45 booking for the glass bottom boat, am thinking about rescheduling it.

*** there is a 11:15 that I'm thinking about...have to talk to Sharon first.

I have a 9:45 booking for the glass bottom boat, am thinking about rescheduling it.

Here are two maps to show locations. Sorry for the poor image quality, I couldn't find a decent resolution one with the new additions to Castaway Cay. The second map is clearer, but outdated.

Red arrow is where the group photo is at 9:30.
Purple arrow is where the parasailing (and other) excursions depart from.
Blue arrow is where the new dining area (Cookies Too) is located, just behind the family beach.
map.jpg

DCLCastCayMap.jpg

*** there is a 11:15 that I'm thinking about...have to talk to Sharon first.

Hmmmm - the 9:45 excursion would be an issue. Let me check with my contact to see if there would be any way to have the tram held for us for right after the picture or maybe have a golf cart or two ready to take folks to the excursion area.

I'm still confident those with the 10AM shore excursion will be able to make it in plenty of time.

I've asked about changing the time of the picture and was told this is the best time to do it with the angle of the sun and the position of the boat. I asked if we could do it right before lunch and they cannot/are not willing to bring the equipment out there. Plus I am being told this location makes for an excellent picture.

Has anyone ever done parasailing on CC?

I did the parasailing excursion on CC back in 2002 and it was completely awesome - even saw a whale. Make sure you take a camera up with you, the view of the island and the ship can't be beat.

OK - just heard back.

They will not hold a tram for us and they will not be able to provide transportation/golf carts from the photo area back to the excursion area.

There is no way to guarantee you will be at the excursion area by 9:45AM to make the glass bottom boat excursion.

Sorry.

We also tend to be really early to most events. I guess this may not be the case for 10AM Parasailing. My thoughts are to leave the Group Photo Shoot between 9:45 & 9:50AM depending on how far we have to go. Hope it all works out.

Just to make sure, I went ahead and booked us for the 11 am parasailing and canceled the 10 am one. There were still spots open (30 minutes ago) if you want to change your excursion time. I thought about it and I don't want to be rushing. Also, I am like the PP that I like to get to places early. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Jennifer

I did the parasailing excursion on CC back in 2002 and it was completely awesome - even saw a whale. Make sure you take a camera up with you, the view of the island and the ship can't be beat.

:thumbsup2 Glad to hear. Wow! You saw a whale! Are you sure it wasn't a shark? :rotfl: Now, I will probably freak if I see a shark. :scared1:

Did the salty air ruin your camera while up in the air? Bill is thinking about buying one those "cheapish" video cameras to take up and I was going to take pictures from the boat.

Just to make sure, I went ahead and booked us for the 11 am parasailing and canceled the 10 am one. There were still spots open (30 minutes ago) if you want to change your excursion time. I thought about it and I don't want to be rushing. Also, I am like the PP that I like to get to places early. :thumbsup2

Jennifer,

You have me thinking now... it would make it easier to deal with. Getting to the BBQ a little late would not be that big of a deal... they can't drink all the booze that fast can they?:drinking1

Mark

Jennifer,

You have me thinking now... it would make it easier to deal with. Getting to the BBQ a little late would not be that big of a deal... they can't drink all the booze that fast can they?:drinking1

Mark

1lg053scheme.gif
1lg053scheme.gif
1lg053scheme.gif
1lg053scheme.gif
1lg053scheme.gif

No, Mark. There is no way we can drink all the booze. But I can sure as heck try.;);)

1lg053scheme.gif
1lg053scheme.gif
1lg053scheme.gif
1lg053scheme.gif
1lg053scheme.gif

Getting to the BBQ a little late would not be that big of a deal... they can't drink all the booze that fast can they?:drinking1

Mark

Lunch is 11:30 am - 2:30 pm

So, there is no need to rush to lunch.

Well, you've met this group before. Maybe, we need to RUSH to the bar ... :rotfl: There's a Midori Colada with my name on it! :cloud9:

OK - just heard back.

They will not hold a tram for us and they will not be able to provide transportation/golf carts from the photo area back to the excursion area.

There is no way to guarantee you will be at the excursion area by 9:45AM to make the glass bottom boat excursion.

Sorry.

No worries...they have the later time available..I'm just going to change it and hope that Sharon is in agreement :rolleyes1

No worries...they have the later time available..I'm just going to change it and hope that Sharon is in agreement :rolleyes1

:rolleyes1 I changed our excursion time without "consulting" Bill. Sometimes, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Glad to hear. Wow! You saw a whale! Are you sure it wasn't a shark? :rotfl: Now, I will probably freak if I see a shark. :scared1:

Did the salty air ruin your camera while up in the air? Bill is thinking about buying one those "cheapish" video cameras to take up and I was going to take pictures from the boat.

Lunch is 11:30 am - 2:30 pm

So, there is no need to rush to lunch.

Well, you've met this group before. Maybe, we need to RUSH to the bar ... :rotfl: There's a Midori Colada with my name on it! :cloud9:

Jennifer,

You convinced me. I just changed ours to 11:00AM also... besides I'm going to need you and Bill to make sure Louise doesn't chicken out.

I "think" Todd promised us that booze would still be available when we got there. Did he also say he was buying our first round???

Mark

It was definitely a whale :laughing: - although it happened too fast to get a picture of it!

I had no problems with my camera at all - although I did take it back to my room post excursion and didn't keep it with me all day. Now I have the Olympus SW850 which is shockproof, waterproof, sandproof, saltproof, EVERYTHINGproof (except it isn't proofed against owners who forget to take it with them :rolleyes1). I've used it snorkeling at CC twice now and the pictures are SOOO much better than the ones from those disposable water cameras!

:rolleyes1 I changed our excursion time without "consulting" Bill. Sometimes, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. :rotfl:

What is the worst thing that Bill could do if you don't tell him?

I have this mental image of Bill standing on the beach looking up at you as you sail along. He points up and yells, "Jennifer, you get down here right now!"
:lmao:

Here are two maps to show locations. Sorry for the poor image quality, I couldn't find a decent resolution one with the new additions to Castaway Cay. The second map is clearer, but outdated.

Red arrow is where the group photo is at 9:30.
Purple arrow is where the parasailing (and other) excursions depart from.
Blue arrow is where the new dining area (Cookies Too) is located, just behind the family beach.
map.jpg

DCLCastCayMap.jpg

Thanks for the map! Does the 5k follow the coast path? I can run a 5k in under a half hour, but will want to take this one more slowly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter