"Schedule Unavailable"

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
We're heading to Disneyland next month. A ton of attractions are closed for refurbishment during our visit.

If you go to this link - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/ And put in February 4th, that is our first day in the parks.

At the bottom, there is a long list under "schedule unavailable." On that list...ALL of Toon Town, among other things.

Does anyone know if this is a bad sign that they may be adding those to the refurbishment list?

I am getting really nervous. As it is, the entirety of Critter Country is closed on our visit. As is Condor Flats. And then the huge list of rides that's closed. Plus the castle will be closed and under a tarp. No World of Color. Water drained. If they close another entire land, plus Tom Sawyer Island....I may lose it.

I feel your pain.
There's nothing worse than checking the schedule everyday only to find more and more attractions will be closed. One time when it was just three days before out trip they announced two more E ticket rides would be closed. Talk about losing it..
But this does give you more time to check out things you may not normally take in. Like the shooting gallery, Main street vehicles, etc. or take a nap on Innovations.
The only other thing I can say is it's still Disneyland and you'll still have a great time!

We leave this Thursday and I know exactly how you feel! Until I learned it would end early before the new fireworks show started, my highest priority was to see Remember one more time. I is (was :() my favorite nighttime show! I am also very disappointed that we will miss Haunted Mansion by less than a week and that Soarin will be closed. Also, two of our fav restaurants will be closed!

The fact that I have found out about these closures in advance is a good thing. It has given me the chance to get over the worst of my disappointment here at home. Now that I have done that I can concentrate on all of the fun things we can still do. And there is a lot!! Also, it has been 5 years since DH and I got away on a trip of our own, so I will know we can have fun just because it will finally be just the two of us again for awhile.

As for toontown attractions not showing a schedule yet, I would try to just wait and see. They are not listed as under refurbishment on the calendar yet. I hope they are just late on adding the info.

Wish me luck in leaving all of my stresses at home! We have a teen daughter with severe anxiety. We are leaving our 19 year old college student in charge of his siblings (scarey I know :eek:) but it is what keeps life the most "the same" which is what she needs. And he is very responsible by the way.

Clara (I love your name by the way) good luck getting your stress :scared1: out before your trip so you can just enjoy being there

Well, it's my first trip with a toddler so the stress isn't going anywhere...haha!

I am hoping those attractions say "schedule unavailable" just because they don't know the exact hours. I noticed that on today's schedule, they have kind of bizarre hours compared to the rest of the park (due to fireworks and fantasmic.) So I really hope that's all it is.

Maybe this will make more sense

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/five-day/2015-02-04/

It is the Disney website, just a different way of looking at it in a different format!

So under this format, all the refurbs stay the same. But Toontown is not mentioned (except for the railroad stop). It also gives you times for parades, shows and you can see a 5 day outlook at once!

Have a magical time!

Well, it's my first trip with a toddler so the stress isn't going anywhere...haha!

After 4 trips with a toddler, once 8 months, once 18 months, and twice with a 2 year old, my best advice is something which I wish I had thought of before those trips. Try to focus on just having fun together each day and not on what you have accomplished. If you can do that even a little bit you will have a great trip!

After 4 trips with a toddler, once 8 months, once 18 months, and twice with a 2 year old, my best advice is something which I wish I had thought of before those trips. Try to focus on just having fun together each day and not on what you have accomplished. If you can do that even a little bit you will have a great trip!

Yeah...as far as Disneyland...we're just going to go with the flow. I'm mostly worried about flying. And whether or not he'll sleep very well in a strange location.

I just hope Toon Town is open because we are planning on using that area as a place for our son to wander around a bit.

One of the problems with so many closures, is that it will make for longer lines elsewhere. :faint:

One of the problems with so many closures, is that it will make for longer lines elsewhere. :faint:

Yep. That is one of my concerns. If they close off entire sections of park...all of those people that would normally be there, now all need to be elsewhere. So February's "slow" time won't see as slow as it would have if a few extra rides hadn't been closed. A lot of popular ones are down so even though I may not have ridden them...all of the people that would have, are now waiting in line for the rides I want.

The trips of the past with empty parks are just that - trips of the past.

January 2009
emptypark1.jpg

November 2007
emptypark2.jpg

emptypark3.jpg

I was worried about all the closures listed as well but we are thinking we will be able to see a lot of the shows which we normally don't get to. I have heard the Magical Map show is amazing and all the new Frozen stuff will be neat to see too.

We will be in the parks in March and I'm sure those things will remained closed for our trip, too, which really bums me out because we didn't get to eat at Hungry Bear last time either. I've yet to try the new menu and was really looking forward to it. :sad1:

Yep. That is one of my concerns. If they close off entire sections of park...all of those people that would normally be there, now all need to be elsewhere. So February's "slow" time won't see as slow as it would have if a few extra rides hadn't been closed. A lot of popular ones are down so even though I may not have ridden them...all of the people that would have, are now waiting in line for the rides I want. The trips of the past with empty parks are just that - trips of the past. January 2009 November 2007

We went Nov 2011 and it was like that... It wS amazing.

I was worried about all the closures listed as well but we are thinking we will be able to see a lot of the shows which we normally don't get to. I have heard the Magical Map show is amazing and all the new Frozen stuff will be neat to see too.

Eh. My son is not going to sit through any shows and really, we aren't show people at all. We've also never seen Frozen so that stuff doesn't interest us at all. Hopefully plenty of other people will be off enjoying them though!

We went Nov 2011 and it was like that... It wS amazing.

Our last visit was late September 2010. It wasn't awful, by any means. But it certainly wasn't like how I'd seen it in the past. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

We're heading to Disneyland next month. A ton of attractions are closed for refurbishment during our visit.

If you go to this link - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/ And put in February 4th, that is our first day in the parks.

At the bottom, there is a long list under "schedule unavailable." On that list...ALL of Toon Town, among other things.

Does anyone know if this is a bad sign that they may be adding those to the refurbishment list?

This is very interesting because of the recent rumors/leaks that all of Toontown will be replaced by a Star Wars themed land. I doubt they would make any moves on that until all the 60th events are over, but it geeks me out a little that this could be a hint that it will actually be happening.

I think it's probably just because they don't know the exact hours of Toon Town, Big Thunder Ranch, etc. because their times have a lot to do with Fantasmic and fireworks.

I will NOT be happy if/when the demolish Toon Town in favor of Star Wars since SW doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter