• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi or Hollywood & Vine for Lunch

Since I never recommend H&V for anything have you thought of a good tool YouTube? Show them videos and get their input. On our 1st trip in 2006 I scheduled that meal for me. My then 5 year old daughter insisted on the "drivers seat" and she loved the place. Three girls sitting be themselves in the front seat might love the place to no end.

We enjoyed both restaurants with my 5 year old niece and 3 year old nephew last summer.

DH and I have been to Sci Fi many times before and its one of our favorites. The atmosphere is unique and something you can only do at Disney. The food is relatively basic but good, ideal for lunch IMO. My niece and nephew barely noticed the movie clips. Weren't phased by them at all.

Hollywood & Vine we did for breakfast and were surprised at the food offerings and how good it was, after hearing many bad reviews. It was a pre-park opening ADR and we were one of the first up at the buffet line, so that may have attributed to the hot and fresh food. So I can't speak to lunch. The character interaction during this time was also good and more intimate, with few other tables around and the restaurant was not at capacity so a few came by more than once.

You probably can't go wrong with either but given how many other character meals you're doing, I'd lean towards Sci Fi for a more relaxed meal.

Since I never recommend H&V for anything have you thought of a good tool YouTube? Show them videos and get their input. On our 1st trip in 2006 I scheduled that meal for me. My then 5 year old daughter insisted on the "drivers seat" and she loved the place. Three girls sitting be themselves in the front seat might love the place to no end.

Today, if given the chance to do pretty much anything with a character or not, they would pick character. Ditto for a buffet. If I were to give them the choice, I'd have to wait until the day before, when they'd actually had a few character meals, and see if I could convince them to try eating in the cars. Even then, it would be pretty much a sure thing for H&V.

My whole trip revolves around Character dining for my DS so I feel you! They way I explain it to myself in my head is, if he gets one character meet a day the rest is fair play 50/50 depending on location & availability. So sometimes I win sometimes he does again but I want to be the cool parent who does make miracles and magic happen for my kis. And I also tell myself when he is older it will all change and I will miss these days! So my answer is.. H&V!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter