Sea World

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
Is Sea World in San Diego comparable to Orlando's or will we be dissapointed?

IMO you'll be extremely disappointed if you're going to compare it to Orlando's SeaWorld. We did and it didn't compare AT ALL!! It's still a fun day though. I just can't imagine what it must've been like before JTA opened... :rolleyes2

LOLA2 said:
Jta??????
Sorry, Journey to Atlantis. Great ride!! :thumbsup2

And FYI - don't go on Shipwreck Rapids if it's not absolutely scorching hot and you won't be able to dry quickly and have a long journey home. We made that mistake on quite a cold evening and then we had to drive all the way back to Anahaim SOAKED!! Because you do literally get soaked on that ride. You go through a cave and there's water coming from above and it DOESN'T STOP. You go under it and every person in the boat gets drenched. Not fun at all. I wouldn't recommend that one. And the wait is always fairly long too. Not worth it.

Our last trip to DL we went to San Diago for the day and go to Sea World. My kids had not been since they were little and really loved it then. But this time they just wanted to get back to DL the whole time we were there. The traffic to and from Sea World was awful. It took us 3 hours to get back to the resort. We decided if we ever go again we will stay in San Diago and not try to drive there and back in one day. And no it is not the same at the Sea World in Orlando.

However, it's got to be better than San Antonio's Sea World, which is pretty boring.

Why isn't it as good as Orlando's? Reviewing their website, it seems like they have the same attractions.

Cameo said:
Why isn't it as good as Orlando's? Reviewing their website, it seems like they have the same attractions.
San Diego doesn't have Kraken. I haven't been to Orlando in five years so I don't know now but Kraken WAS a big puller for SeaWorld Orlando back in 2001.

And overall the general experience isn't as good. I for one just didn't enjoy SWSD anywhere near as much as SWO. But I enjoyed Disneyland just as much (if not more? ;)) as WDW so...

The service wasn't as good at San Diego as Orlando - and it's dirtier than Orlando too. I think it was queuing nearly two hours for lunch that made me not like it ultimately. :rolleyes2

Just went to Sea World yesterday. Though I've never been to SW Orlando, we had a great time. My DD5 wouldn't even think of skipping the water rides. It was cloudy and around 72 degrees. We went on Atlantis first, as the line gets long. We got soaked, not just a little wet. Since we were soaked, we headed to Shipwreck Rapids. We stood in line for about ten minutes waiting for the ride to open and then walked right on. There was no line when we returned to the dock, so the attendant asked if we wanted to go again. Sure, why not. Ended up going four times w/o ever getting off. Not a dry spot to be found, but no worries, we had brought a towel and change of clothes.

Had a great time, DD got to get wet and still had a pleasant(dry) day walking around and seeing the shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter