Sea World

Talk about some price increases - on page 7 is a Voyagers menu from July 2017. 5 years ago the brisket was $14.99 vice $22.99. The ribs have gone from $13.99 up to $22.99. Plus you have to add in the 5% surcharge which adds another dollar+ to the price. For the ribs this is a 64% increase before the surcharge.

Plus you have to add in the 5% surcharge which adds another dollar+ to the price.
I wonder what their justification is for doing this versus just raising the advertised price by 5% instead? Do they really think people who don't see the small print won't wonder why their meal costs 5% more (plus tax) when they get to the register? I'd have thought it would cause more complaints them trying to hide this extra cost than being up front about it.

But then I come from a country where by law the advertised price has to be the final total including sales taxes, surcharges etc., so maybe this is just something that you guys in the States see on a regular basis and it doesn't phase you any more. Doesn't matter too much to me anyway as I've bought tickets with the Dine All Day in them anyway!

Thanks for the updates.
Our passes get us discounts on food so it's more reasonable. I can attest the beignets are amazing. We ate at Sharks but had beignets for dessert a couple weeks ago.
Heading again in a couple weeks and we'll likely do all kiosk food.

Talk about some price increases - on page 7 is a Voyagers menu from July 2017. 5 years ago the brisket was $14.99 vice $22.99. The ribs have gone from $13.99 up to $22.99. Plus you have to add in the 5% surcharge which adds another dollar+ to the price. For the ribs this is a 64% increase before the surcharge.
First - thanks for taking the time to take and post these photots - very much appreciated @FLOIR

as for the price increases - agree its crazy - but the last few years the cost of the ribs themselves had gone crazy - I used to get them for 2-3 a pound on sale - but there was a time where I could not get them at all or they were crazy expensive

The local BBQ place also had his prices go up drastically for the same reason. Basically at least a 30% increase on everything. For a while he could not even get ribs

Currently the price is back to that 2-3 a pound on sale - but no one has reduced the prices to be in line with that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter