Seating difficulty due to size of seat

msagent

Earning My Ears
In planning an upcoming trip with a family member who is large and unable to sit in regular "auditorium" style seats, I am wondering if there are attractions which he will be able to participate in. When some attractions mention "auditoriums" are they stadium seating or auditorium seating?? I am also wondering if he will have difficulty with some of the "cars" which take you thru the attractions. Does anyone have any advice as to which attractions we should do and which we should avoid?

He may, but it depends on size. I'm 5'9" and a size 28, dh is 6'3" and a 2x, and we both fit on almost everything a WDW. Unlike most places, Disney is friendly to the 'pooh sized. Read the suggested article, but I'd say unless you're over a size 3-4x you are unlikely to have problems. I would also suggest if they do have problems, to ask they cm's if there are any alternate arrangements for seating if needed, they may be able to help.

Besides the good advice you already got, you could do a search of the DIS Boards. Search for "Pooh sized" in the past 6 months and you should find a lot.
As a general rule, the outdoor auditoriums tend to have bench seating (in addition to the Festival of the Lion King which is indoors). Most of the indoor theater shows have theater seats.
How soon are you going? I know that the new book that Deb Wills is working on regarding special needs will incorporate a lot of info about size.

Hi Msagent,

I am a man on the much larger size of the Pooh Sized spectrum and was at Disney in June. Many of the auditorium attractions have benches at the back of the auditorium also. I was a 7X at the time and had very few problems with attractions. I will gladly answer any specific questions you might have. Just ask on here or you can private message me.

Mike :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter