Seating for Alladdin?

jenpace

DIS Veteran
We enjoyed the Alladdin show last year when we were in DL. We had preferred seating through our vacation package which really helped since the lines were really long and it was HOT that week. We are returning this fall and I was wondering if guests with preferred seating have the option of choosing a balcony seat so that they can enjoy the magic carpet portion of the show from up close or just the main floor?

Thanks!
Jennifer

We got prefereed seating with our vacation package through Walt Disney Travel Company along with some other goodies like a coupon book for downtown disney, a lanyard and pins, etc....

Jennifer

Yes, there are separate lines for balcony seating, and there are cast members by the entrance lines so you can be sure to get into the correct one.

Could you explain in detail how to excercize the preferred seating option? It sounds like you can also get a FASTPASS of sorts for the show in the park, or at least that's how it sounds in the Unoffical Guide. Confused. I'll be arriving on a Sunday afternoon so don't want to miss out on a line-saving strategy.

I also got the preferred seating as part of my DL vacation package.....interested to hear how it works...what shows is it good for?Thanks!

When you book throught WDTC you get vouchers for preferred seating - the vouchers have little tickets/coupons attached on one side that the CM will tear off when you use them. When you get to the Hyperion Theater, the CM will direct you to a chained off area for the group with the vouchers. Everyone else will go to either the lines for orchestra, mezzanine, or balcony. Before the show, you will be let into the theater ahead of the rest of the crowd, where you will get your pick of seats near the front. I would supposed that if you wanted to sit in the front of the back section, you could do that also, but I am not sure.

I would ask the CM if you could go on up to the balcony when they let you get in line.

The other little coupons are good for It's Tough to Be a Bug and Muppets 4-D.

IMHO....I would never pay extra for "preferred seating" for any of these shows.

We've seen them all, including Alladin, just by showing up when they open the doors. We DO NOT wait in line for these shows and have NEVER had a bad seat.

Spend your $$$ elsewhere! ;)

I don't think they paid extra, I think it's a "package perk"

I prefer the Mezzainine(sp)seat area the best of all three! You get to see the magic carpet affect really great but you aren't as high and away from the stage. I'd try for front rows in the Mezz. if you can choose. :goodvibes

sters said:
Could you explain in detail how to excercize the preferred seating option? It sounds like you can also get a FASTPASS of sorts for the show in the park, or at least that's how it sounds in the Unoffical Guide. Confused. I'll be arriving on a Sunday afternoon so don't want to miss out on a line-saving strategy.

Unless something has changed , they eliminated FP in 2003 for this show. I've only seen it once, but plenty of seats were available.

Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter