Seattle Area Covid Testing

Jimmynguyen77

Earning My Ears
We booked a trip for April and was looking at testing sites referred by Hawaiian Airlines. It was 90 Dollars a person at US Biotek but my friend told me that UW does the NAAT Covid Exam that can let you travel to Hawaii for free with or without insurance. There are multiple locations in the King County Area. Hope other find it useful cause I was about to spend 270 for three test.

https://testguide.labmed.uw.edu/public/guideline/hawaii_safe_travels

Thanks, this is interesting. My sister just flew to HNL via Alaska Airlines and the recommended testing site was $170 per person. Granted, they were assured of having the results in time for their flight and received same day. I’m a UW Medicine retiree so I trust their service. Our trip to Hawaii isn’t until September. If you use the UW testing, I’d be interested in how it works out.

Tests results were really fast back in October. Said 72 hours, but got it back in 24 hours. However, this is before people took testing seriously. After October, I did see appts get booked up fast.
If things are still the same for you in Sept, then the main thing to watch out for is to schedule the "no symptom" appt about a month early if you are doing it in Seattle.
If you are going to test site outside of Seattle, then the "no symptom" appointments are less full and can book them a little later. Either way, I would say book those appts as fast as you can.

You could book "With symptoms" appts and get same day/next day appointments. But that's up to your ethical beliefs.

Also, most of these clinics are closed on Sundays. So be careful about scheduling flights Mon-Wed if Hawaii still tests and asks for within 72 hours of testing in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter