SeaWorld 50% off special needs/caregivers tickets??

riu girl

DIS Veteran
When purchasing the 50% off tickets at guest services at SeaWorld for a special needs person and their caregiver, does anyone know if you can them come back for a second day at no charge.

I have read that with ANY paid admission you can (before you leave on day 1) go to a ticket window and get a ticket to come back a second day (during the same week) for free?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, as we are hoping to go to SeaWorld next visit. It will be the highlight of our week Orlando since we are going to go to only SeaWorld and skip disney this time.

Thank you
Suzy V

We did last year , Rui Girl. The tickets you get are no different, and you exchange them as you leave the park for the return tickets, if I remember correctly. Really good for my Nemo obsessed son!

I have never heard of this 50% off ticket for special needs. Can you give me some more info on this. How do you go about getting it for an autistic child. It would really help us with our trip in August as we are going to SeaWorld.

Much appreciated!!
Deb

Seaworld give a 50% discount to any disabled person and one carer, as far as I know. My son has autism, and when we last visited we went to the Guest Relations window outside the park and asked about it. Explain that your child has autism.
They also do a GAC (ask at Guest Relations inside the park) to use on their thrill rides. We got this but never used it as DS was too scared to try any! And we couldn't get him away from Mr Ray.... :rolleyes:

dpaine said:
I have never heard of this 50% off ticket for special needs. Can you give me some more info on this. How do you go about getting it for an autistic child. It would really help us with our trip in August as we are going to SeaWorld.

Much appreciated!!
Deb
They used to have information on their website, but I haven't been able to find it there for a long time.
What I remember about it was that it was for the person with a disability plus one caregiver/assistant. There was some statement in the information about the discount being for people who could not fully experience their park because of their disability.
From what I remember, it was something that you had to ask about when buying tickets. I believe the person with a disability had to be there at the time.

Wow, thank you so much for all the information.
This looks like such a great park. We are hoping to spend two full days there (and will rent a double stroller like at Disney) in December. The double stroller seems to give DD the private space she needs and helps with too much sensory info.

Thanks again for all the info.
Suzy V

I assume their GAC would be similar to Busch Gardens? since they are owned by the same company. The GAC at Busch last month worked out great for DD.

Busch also gives the discount since the brewery is not accessable. :thumbsup2 :pug:

the person with the dis. does not have to go up to the window, and by law they are not allowed to ask what type of dis. the person has. princess:

Here's a copy of an email I recieved from Sea World recently in response to my inquiry re: their policy:

Dear Michelle:

SeaWorld Orlando offers a discount for guests with disabilities and one support companion. The discount is intended for guests who are not able to reasonably enjoy our park. Persons who are eligible for this rate receive a 50% discount off the regular admission price. The current Regular admission price is $59.75 plus tax for adults and $48.00 plus tax for children ages 3-9. Please inform our Ticket seller at the time of your purchase and they will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for contacting SeaWorld Orlando. We look forward to seeing you.

Dianne
SeaWorld Orlando

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:30 PM
To: SWF-Guest Relations
Subject: Handicapped Tickets

The following was submitted to the A-B Parks Comment Form:

Parkemail: SWF.GuestRelations@SeaWorld.com

Comments: I will be visiting with my mother in December of 2005 who uses a wheelchair and is quite frail. We have visited one other time and at that time, we received a 50% admisiion discount for the handicapped individual and the caretaker tickets, I believe through guest services. Is that discount still available and how does one access it? Thanks much!

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter