Secret to successfully requesting a building?

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if there are any (or many) of you who have requested specific buildings....and have actually gotten them.

For years now, I've requested buildings 53, 54, 55, and 56 at OKW (at the time that I make my reservation).

And when I get to the check-in desk, the CM invariably says that she doesn't see the request in my reservation notes.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.

Any tips? Advice?

Just wondering if there are any (or many) of you who have requested specific buildings....and have actually gotten them.

For years now, I've requested buildings 53, 54, 55, and 56 at OKW (at the time that I make my reservation).

And when I get to the check-in desk, the CM invariably says that she doesn't see the request in my reservation notes.

Any tips? Advice?

I have twice requested buildings 23-26 at OKW, and had the request honored both times. I suppose it could have simply been good luck since I think that request covers about 50% of the HH category buildings. I either made the request when I booked or called MS at a later date and added the request.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Send the request via the member website contact form. Call 30 days prior to check in to verify the reservation info including requests.

I have found that either the MS CM's aren't always doing their job or that there is periodic software issues.

I suppose that the room assigner at the resort could be removing your request. Did you make someone upset?

:earsboy: Bill

Send the request via the member website contact form. Call 30 days prior to check in to verify the reservation info including requests.

I have found that either the MS CM's aren't always doing their job or that there is periodic software issues.

I suppose that the room assigner at the resort could be removing your request. Did you make someone upset?

:earsboy: Bill

Not to the best of my knowledge, haha!!

Thanks for the tips!

Interesting! We check in to OKW the day after tomorrow. When I first made the reservations, I requested one of 4 buildings. I'm wondering whether we get one of those 4.

We always call about a month before arrival to double-check that requests are still stated too.

As long as my request was for a large section, we've only been disappointed once. Here are requests we've often made:
- First floor, while our daughter was age 0 to 3 and in a stroller, met 6 out of 6 times
- BWV: Quiet pool view, 1st floor, has been met always (5+ times)
- SS: 8000 building near bus, has been met 5 out of 6 times
- OKW in a block of 4 buildings, met 4 out of 5 times

I always ask early as we check in if they were able to meet my request to make the desk agent check ... and often it was not, but they can switch it for us especially if we are willing to wait till later for the room to be available. We try arrive early while options are better.

I always request certain buildings, but never worry about it - when we check in, if I don't like where we are placed, I simply ask nicely what else is available, and will happily wait until the room is ready if it's somewhere I want to be.

At OKW I've requested a GV in #15 and gotten it once out of 2 requests! (Hopefylly Feb will make it 3 for 3) I always request my 2 bds on Turtle Pond (42, 43) and I've always gotten them, more times than I can count!

At SSR I request Congress Park, DTD and I've gotten it 4 out of 4 time!

At Kidani I always book standard view and I've gotten a nice view of the Pembeh Savannah, 4 out of 4 times!

At Kidani I always book standard view and I've gotten a nice view of the Pembeh Savannah, 4 out of 4 times!

We just stayed standard view at Kidani and our villa was located right where the Pembe Savannah begins. It was great seeing some animals from our balcony while only using standard view points!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Any tips? Advice?

Just to follow up on this, we checked in yesterday at 4:00 in the afternoon (kind of wished we could have checked in earlier) and got all our requests met. We'd requested one of 4 buildings and that's what we got.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter