Security - are more ships travelling together?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
When I cruised the Western Caribbean in Dec there were comments that "It looks like the other ships are travelling with us. We never see this many other ships." Are cruise lines changing their itineraries so they travel together more now for security?

I've been on two Diz cruises in recent years and always noticed other ships in our vicinity... on the seven day I noticed one of the ships docked with us at St. Martin shawdowing us for quite awhile after our departure... coincidence or do they do that on purpose????

On our last cruise (Feb01) we noticed several ships around the same general area for quite awhile--seemed like most of the day-- it was like we were traveling together. I think since they go to many of the same ports, they're bound to be in the same sailing pattern. :)

Last year DH and I went on the Royal Caribbean Soverign out of Port Canaveral. We were very close to the Wonder the entire cruise. It was very windy and neither ship was able to dock at their private island so we were right next to the Wonder the entire cruise. It was driving me crazy because I was wishing I was on the Wonder instead!!

On our Galaxy cruise Feb. 01 the Dawn Princess followed us to almost every port. Kathy

On our recent cruise, 2 of the 3 ships in St. Maarten were also in St. Thomas with us. We did not see them at sea though. We did notice quite a bit of Coat Gaurd and police boats around the Magic on the way into port as well as going out of port.

When we were in the ports this time I did see boats running up and down in front of the docked ships as protection for the ships.

That was a little scarey to me that they are afraid that someone will ram the boats while they are docked.

Also, they also screened all the Scuba equipment when it came back on ship and a couple poeple had their diving knives taken from them. My husband knew not to take his as it was indicated in all the paperwork we received.

Darlene

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney

Are cruise lines changing their itineraries so they travel together more now for security?

Are the cruise lines changing their itineraries? Yes. So they can travel together more now for security? No.

There are more ships than ever in the Caribbean this season because of the post-9/11 security concerns in Europe. There are a lot of ships that had originally been scheduled to do Mediterranean and other intra-European cruises that have been re-deployed to the Caribbean. They feel safer there right now. But I don't think they're deliberately "traveling together".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter