Security check using TSA precheck

BabybetterDisney

DIS Veteran
I hate the security checks with a passion, and they are getting worse without actually finding anything. During my last trip, they missed a pair of kitchen scissors and a pocket knife that I brought in by mistake.

I got to thinking, why doesn't Disney take advantage of the TSA precheck? Whichever family has TSA precheck should be allowed to go through the parks with expedited luggage checks. I mean, the TSA trusts them on airplanes, why shouldn't Disney trust them in parks? And it won't cost Disney a dime more (TSA has done the work) and will in fact save money by reducing manpower on the worthless luggage checks.

I don't have TSA precheck myself, it's pretty expensive for a family. But I'll get it if it gets us into the parks faster. As of right now, I am considering NOT going to the parks next trip -- stay in Disney hotels only -- so that I don't have to put up with luggage checks. With the park ticket money saved, I can stay in more deluxe hotels and eat whatever I want, and not worry about transportation at all.

I hate the security checks with a passion, and they are getting worse without actually finding anything. During my last trip, they missed a pair of kitchen scissors and a pocket knife that I brought in by mistake.

I got to thinking, why doesn't Disney take advantage of the TSA precheck? Whichever family has TSA precheck should be allowed to go through the parks with expedited luggage checks. I mean, the TSA trusts them on airplanes, why shouldn't Disney trust them in parks? And it won't cost Disney a dime more (TSA has done the work) and will in fact save money by reducing manpower on the worthless luggage checks.

I don't have TSA precheck myself, it's pretty expensive for a family. But I'll get it if it gets us into the parks faster. As of right now, I am considering NOT going to the parks next trip -- stay in Disney hotels only -- so that I don't have to put up with luggage checks. With the park ticket money saved, I can stay in more deluxe hotels and eat whatever I want, and not worry about transportation at all.
All I can think, is that if you accidentally brought ia pocket knife and kitchen scissors to the park with you, you might want to consider trying to pack lighter. :rotfl:

While I agree about the fallacy of thorough security checks in airports (using TSA Pre-Check my son was still allowed to have a partially full tube of toothpaste at one airport then denied the same on the return trip) I don't see how having TSA Pre-Check would work at Disney.

Having TSA pre-check for flying wouldn't prevent someone from getting a weapon once on the ground and trying to bring it into WDW.

I fly several times a year and I don't trust airport security either.

Because anything that bypasses security and scrutiny is a potential loophole for danger to be exploited. ;)
Also it's very easy to get the special transportation services that get you behind the scenes (like politicians and celebrities), it's just INSANE amounts of money.

I have TSA Global Entry and still go through security - they don't just trust me blindly, the main difference is I don't have to take off my shoes or take out my liquids. Having this means exactly nothing at anywhere else that has security lines, be it a sports stadium or Disney. I could get to Disney via other methods and still flash my Global Entry card without ever having been on a plane, so that wouldn't do any good either. I could get any weapon I wanted to after flying in but before arriving to the parks. I too wish security lines would move a little faster but TSA Pre-Check/Global Entry exceptions aren't really an answer, I don't think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter