Seeking Advice on ADR's and Restaurants

Captain.Underpants

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Disney Dad planning a trip to WDW next October! Its looking like our 180 day date is sometime in April of 18'. We are arriving late Friday night staying until the following Saturday (9 days/8 Nights). There is my DW, 3 DD (17,15,8) and 1 DS (6). Decided to take the plunge and do an all out Disney trip with the help of a CM. We are doing the standard dining program and will have access to the parks 8 of the 9 days. Here is my list of restaurants. They are not in any particular order and or days we are going to them as we are flexible. I'd like to stay in MK during MNSSH from which I understand is usually a Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday but I'm sure it's not a guarantee.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue
Cinderella's Royal Table
'Ohana
Boma
Tusker House
Be Our Guest

We'd prefer dinner for all of them. Also since I have My older DD's we have a free sitter for one night to enjoy Some Food and Wine Festival and use up those snack credits!!

We are also traveling with another family of 4 which makes us a party of 10

Am I crazy to think that I could get all 6 of our choices? Any suggestions or ideas on what days would work better than others.

Only day I have my heart set on is the first Saturday of our trip. It's more tradition for my family but I feel MK should always the first day. Would love to do BBB for DD (8) and CRT for dinner. I know that with the 180 + 10 days it's tough to get early reservations in the trip (especially with a party of 10).

I have a ton of time to think about this and I know something will probably change. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
CRT (Cinderella's Royal Table), BOG and 'Ohana may be the tough ones, just based on popularity. The others ones should not be as difficult, though being a party of 10 does complicate things a little.

The best strategy is to try to make the "must dos" later in your trip. Since more people will have the ability to book before you for the earlier days, their availability may be affected.

Hi all,

Disney Dad planning a trip to WDW next October! Its looking like our 180 day date is sometime in April of 18'. We are arriving late Friday night staying until the following Saturday (9 days/8 Nights). There is my DW, 3 DD (17,15,8) and 1 DS (6). Decided to take the plunge and do an all out Disney trip with the help of a CM. We are doing the standard dining program and will have access to the parks 8 of the 9 days. Here is my list of restaurants. They are not in any particular order and or days we are going to them as we are flexible. I'd like to stay in MK during MNSSH from which I understand is usually a Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday but I'm sure it's not a guarantee.

Hoopty Doo Review
Cinderella's Round Table
'Ohana
Boma
Tusker House
Be Our Guest

We'd prefer dinner for all of them. Also since I have My older DD's we have a free sitter for one night to enjoy Some Food and Wine Festival and use up those snack credits!!

We are also traveling with another family of 4 which makes us a party of 10

Am I crazy to think that I could get all 6 of our choices? Any suggestions or ideas on what days would work better than others.

Only day I have my heart set on is the first Saturday of our trip. It's more tradition for my family but I feel MK should always the first day. Would love to do BBB for DD (8) and CRT for dinner. I know that with the 180 + 10 days it's tough to get early reservations in the trip (especially with a party of 10).

I have a ton of time to think about this and I know something will probably change. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!!
To enable your research and booking the correct names are:
Hoop Dee Doo Review and Cinderella's Royal Table. You will likely have trouble booking 10 at CRT and possibly BOG too. Be prepared to book 6 and 4.

To enable your research and booking the correct names are:
Hoop Dee Doo Review and Cinderella's Royal Table. You will likely have trouble booking 10 at CRT and possibly BOG too. Be prepared to book 6 and 4.

Haha. Not sure how I screwed those up since I actually had it written down the correct way on my planner. Thanks for pointing that out. Edited. All good now

What times do most family's tend to eat after magic kingdom?

We have a 9 and 6 year old.

Not sure how to play it.

What times do most family's tend to eat after magic kingdom?

We have a 9 and 6 year old.

Not sure how to play it.

It depends on the kids. My kids become hangry by 6 so I'm going to try and get dinner reservations around that time. This way when we are done we can head back to one of the parks to catch one of the night time shows.

BOG may be a toughie for dinner, others are probably doable. Worst case as previous poster suggested try to book two groups of 6 and 4, it may be nice to do a couple of dinners separately anyway.

Since you will be going during party season, keep in mind that dinner at CRT and BoG will be harder to reserve than usual since those restaurants will be mostly "unavailable" for about half of the nights during your stay due to MNSSHP nights (unless you're able to get a reservation in the small window before the party starts, or you go to MNSSHP but schedule dinner over top of your party time). There will be an awful lot of people competing for dinner ADRs on the nonparty nights. Finally, you will be making ADRs before the party night dates are released - you have an idea of when those nights are likely to occur, but as you note there are no guarantees. It's not impossible to get the reservations you're looking for, but it may take more effort than other times of the year.

We went in late August (so not as busy of a time as when you're going), but we were able to get all of those except Boma (didn't try for it). We had CRT on our first night. There was only a 4:15 or 7:15 so we took the later. Ohana was our second night and we had plenty of options for it and were even able to change the time on the day of our reservation. BOG was on our 11th day, so we had no trouble with that.

Just make sure you are up and logged into MDE before 6am on your ADR day. If you're trying for CRT on your 1at day, I'd book that first, then BOG, and Ohana. The others shouldn't be too hard to get.

With a party of 10, you will probably have more difficulty getting some of your ADRs. It seems like I read somewhere that tables at CRT only accommodate up to 8 people, but I may be wrong on that. If you can't find availability for 10, go for 6 and 4 as another poster suggested. You will, however, need to put the second reservation under a different MADE account, so if you are able to have someone else help you on ADR day with making the reservations for 4 under a second account, that would help you do things quicker and give you a better chance of getting what you want.

I think you have some excellent choices and I wish you luck getting what you want for your family.

We went in late August (so not as busy of a time as when you're going), but we were able to get all of those except Boma (didn't try for it). We had CRT on our first night. There was only a 4:15 or 7:15 so we took the later. Ohana was our second night and we had plenty of options for it and were even able to change the time on the day of our reservation. BOG was on our 11th day, so we had no trouble with that.

Just make sure you are up and logged into MDE before 6am on your ADR day. If you're trying for CRT on your 1at day, I'd book that first, then BOG, and Ohana. The others shouldn't be too hard to get.

With a party of 10, you will probably have more difficulty getting some of your ADRs. It seems like I read somewhere that tables at CRT only accommodate up to 8 people, but I may be wrong on that. If you can't find availability for 10, go for 6 and 4 as another poster suggested. You will, however, need to put the second reservation under a different MADE account, so if you are able to have someone else help you on ADR day with making the reservations for 4 under a second account, that would help you do things quicker and give you a better chance of getting what you want.

I think you have some excellent choices and I wish you luck getting what you want for your family.

Thanks!! I agree splitting the reservations to parties of 6 and 4 will probably work best for the big ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter