Segway questions...

DVCforMe

Mouseketeer
My Dad is joining my kids and I (DH can't come) on our October trip to BCV and would love to take the Segway tour - does anyone know who I call to set it up? For anyone who has taken the tour do you think he would have fun by himself or should I get a sitter for the kids and join him too?

Thanks!

We took it last year and it was great, although it will definitely be more fun for him if you also go.

The Segway tour books out early so be sure to call months ahead of time. You might even call now if you already have your dates arranged for your stay.

It's the same number you call to set up any of the regular Disney tours. I think the number is 1-407-WDW-Tour (similar to the way Disney does their dining number (1-407-WDW-Dine)

There use to be a DVC discount so you might want to see if that's still in effect. (I haven't looked at the perks lately)

I recently booked one of the the segway tours (there are two different ones) for our upcoming early December trip. There is still a DVC member discount and I just read an email from Disney Visa that says your DV card will qualify you for a discount as well.

I agree with Caskbill - don't wait too long to call or you may be disappointed. I was surprised to learn that I could book so far ahead - had originally called just to get more info.

Tour Descriptions

Best wishes -

Did this tour with a large group last December and had a FANTASTIC time! We also booked WAY in advance. I'll bet that you and your dad would really enjoy doing this Tour together. Definitely ask about that DVC discount or if you have a Disney Visa.
MF04_044.jpg

From the members web site:

Around the World at Epcot
Receive a 15% discount on this two-hour Segway Human Transporter experience that gives you an introduction to using the Segway with a ride around World Showcase. Theme Park admission is not included, but is required. Offered daily at 8:45 a.m. Safety restrictions apply. Ages 16 and older. For reservations or more information, please call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687)† and identify yourself as a Disney Vacation Club Member.

We did this in May, it was a blast! We're doing it again when we're down there in September.

We did the Segway tour in May '03 and loved it. I got excited when I saw there was a 2nd tour, but it is for beginners. I would love a Segway tour of the Magic Kingdom!

Thanks everybody! This sounds really fun. I think I better line up a "fairy Godmother" and cruise the world on a Segway!

My DH and I have done the Segway tour twice and had a blast both times. When we did this in May, they were offering two tours each morning. The early tour is from 8:30 - 10:30, the later tour is 9:30 - 11:30.

They also offer discounts to AP holders (15%), and I think also to AAA members. I was surprised to find out (after I took the tour) that the Disney VISA discount is 20%, so that is currently a better deal than the AP, DVC, etc. discounted price for this wonderful tour.

We took DS and his buddy on the segway tour for his 16th b'day - we all LOVED it !!! The guides were great ! We took the later tour (didn't want to have to wake DS up any earlier than I had to on his b'day ! :rolleyes: ) and the guide told us that the earlier tour usually had to deal with the cleaning crews hosing down the walkways - WS opened at about the time we hit France, but at that point it wasn't difficult to maneuver around people as we were getting pretty good. I'm sure your dad would love to do the tour with you, but I wanted to mention that I think this would be an easy tour to do solo - you follow each other in a single file line during most of the tour, so I wouldn't have felt in any way out of place if I had been alone. Enjoy! :smooth:

We did it last December with several friends from the DIS. It was a blast! We used the DVC discount and booked about 4 months ahead.

I just booked this tour for October. I was told the Disney Visa discount is only 15% now. We did this in February and loved it. I also bought my MNSSHP tickets. Two ressies down and one to go - California Grill for my birthday dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter