Sell me on Old Key West

We will be at OKW for 2 nights Oct 3-5, 2 bedroom. Never stayed there! We would like water view, more secluded. We will have a car. What buildings or sections would you recommend?
tell me about parking!
amd is the an OKW FAQ?

We will be at OKW for 2 nights Oct 3-5, 2 bedroom. Never stayed there! We would like water view, more secluded. We will have a car. What buildings or sections would you recommend?
tell me about parking!
amd is the an OKW FAQ?
Because OKW is an all DVC resort, the FAQ thread is in the DVC Resorts thread on the DVC board.you should be able to get your questions answered there.
Denise

The porch may not be screened, but it's huge! It's one of my top reasons for loving OKW. There's a round table, and the whole family can sit out there, eating breakfast.

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 29
I LOVE OKW. I was expecting to like it just fine, but it ended up blowing my freaking mind. The 1-2 bedrooms are HUGE. Massive spa tubs. Lots of closet space. Adored the recent refurb/redecoration. Really modern and beautiful. Great views of the golf course and river in some cases. Just gorgeous. The transportation is fine; we never had to wait long for buses or transfer at HH. Olivia's is wonderful.

Just keep in mind it's pre-ADA, so there are no guest elevators to second or third floor units.

I LOVE OKW. I was expecting to like it just fine, but it ended up blowing my freaking mind. The 1-2 bedrooms are HUGE. Massive spa tubs. Lots of closet space. Adored the recent refurb/redecoration. Really modern and beautiful. Great views of the golf course and river in some cases. Just gorgeous. The transportation is fine; we never had to wait long for buses or transfer at HH. Olivia's is wonderful.

Just keep in mind it's pre-ADA, so there are no guest elevators to second or third floor units.
A few buildings have elevators. Otherwise, the first floor works fine. :)

Bldg 62, 63 and 64 were built after they tore down the Commodore's House where they had the DVC Sales office. Those three buildings have elevators, but are usually kept for medical needs.

Yes to all of the above! My DD and I stayed for the first time in a 1-bedroom in early August and absolutely loved it! We did not have a car and had no issues with Disney transportation; actually much better than other Disney resorts we have stayed at (we were in Building 62 near Hospitality House). My daughter declared it the best resort we have ever stayed at to date - we have stayed at many including Deluxe through Values. I am actually considering buying into DVC with OKW as our home resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter