Sept. 1-8 - free dining review *updated with pictures*

stschaefer

Mouseketeer
Just came back from Free Dining and lots of good restaurants we tried. Here is a synopsis of what we had:

Cast: me, DW, and DD (4)
Day 1 - Epcot
CS - Seasons - tried salmon with mashed potatoes, Turkey sandwich, and various deserts. Great assortment to choose from, but in cafeteria setting. DW prefers the order and get all the food at one time like Cosmic Rays. Food was great and great value.

TS - Chef Mickeys - family tradition to eat at Chef Mickeys. Great assortment of food. Chicken, fish, beef, pasta, shrimp, deserts galore. If you can't find something you like you are not hungry.

Day 2- MGM/Epcot
CS - Toy Story Pizza - heard bad reviews of this, but we were plesently surprised. We all liked the pizza and salad with MM rice crispy treats. Will return if we are eating in MGM that day

TS - Le Cellier - great service and great food. 14 oz steak and 7 oz filet ordered here with beef cabob and cheese soup for appetizers. Both made as we ordered and very tasty. Pretzel bread was great. DD liked the soup, mac and cheese, and the chocolate moose. Deserts were great too. First time trying and won't be our last.
Picture083.jpg

Snack of the day - School bread. It's big, it's tasty, it is a great snack from Norway!!!!

Day 3 - MK

Crystal Palace - Breakfast buffet was great - waffles, breakfast lasagna, fruit, bacon, etc. Great character interaction and great food. This is our second time for breakfast before starting our day at MK and may be starting another tradition.

Mid day snacks - Ice cream floats and smoothies at Auntie Gravities - was too full from breakfast for lunch so got some great treats in Tomorrow land to tide us over. Great snacks on the plan...

TS - Whispering canyon - I'm thirsty - bring me a 2 gallon drink. We need ketchup. DD went through pony stick races. Appetizers - nachos and chicken wings. Entrees Pork chops, roast chicken, PB&J. Great food and great service. Love the restaurant and the lodge.

Day 4 - AK, DTD, MGM

CS - Earl of Sandwich - great food - huge sandwiches, refills on drinks, great deserts. For those who like chips with sandwichs that would be extra - but do you need them with the size of the sandwich. Big wait for tables and good line to wait - but worth it if you are at DTD for lunch or dinner.

TS - Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package) - Great food and service. Salad, bread, pepporoni flat bread, 2 Penne alla vodka - one penne with cheese sauce, 2 tiramasus. We ate here last year and agreed to eat again. Didn't disappoint.

Day 5 - Epcot

CS - Kringla - openfaced sandwiches, salad, fruit cup, cloud horn, strawberry cheesecake - PB&J lunch with cookie. Great food, love their pastries. Almost too much food to eat. Quaint restaurant in Norway.
Picture244.jpg

TS - San Angel - Nachos, Mahi-mahi, steak entree. Like the ambiance, like the entrees - desserts weren't that good.

Day 6 - MK

CS - Main Street Bakery - Drink with Large Cinnamon bun and Cheese danish. Good snack for the three of us to share after getting here early for Little One's Extra Magic Hour

CS - Pecos Bills - Pulled pork sandwich, Bacon Double Cheeseburger, Peanut butter brownies - topping bar is great - make a cheeseburger salad with lettuce, tomatoes, sauteed onions and mushrooms, and pickles. Cheese sauce to dip your fries in. If you can't find a seat downstairs - look upstairs. Popular place in Adventureland.

Snack of the day - Dole whip float -

TS - Concourse Steakhouse - Great steaks, great appetizers, great desserts. DD had the painters pallet and was a lot of fun for her to do.
Picture501.jpg

Day 7 - AK, MGM, Epcot

CS - Flame tree BBQ - Ribs with beans and corn, key lime desert. Tasty ribs and beans. Couldn't find PB&J so had to wait for MGM

CS - Backlot Express - PB&J with fruit eclair. DD ate all her meal. Fruit eclair was a great find - sweet and tasty. DD then spent over an hour at the Honey I shrunk the kids playground.
Picture536.jpg

TS - Coral Reef. Riley was our waiter and he was great. Appetizers - crab claws and lobster bisque - both great. Prime Rib, Mahi-mahi, and mac and cheese - all made great. Chocolate wave, butterscotch bruele, and Build your own sundae for desert. Great restaurant, great view of the fish, and felt it was our favorite restaurant of the week.
Picture592.jpg

Day we left we at at all star food cort with Mickey waffles for breakfast and various lunches (Italian sandwich, Hamburger, and PB&J). Even though we didn't spend much time at resort but to sleep, food courts have good choices for food and desserts. Used last three snack credits on Chocolate covered mickey rice crispy treats!!!
Picture618.jpg
Picture615.jpg

Will update with pictures later. Any questions just ask or PM me and I will try to help. Happy eating!!!

Yummy !!! I think i gained 10 pounds just reading

:thumbsup2

Great reviews! We also had Riley for our server at Coral Reef and he was the best!! Although we were a little hesitant about keeping our reservations after reading some negative reviews, this turned out to be our favorite restaurant also.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for your reviews and pics! The painters pallet at Concourse looks like fun.

Thanks for the reviews and the pictures. I'm glad you had a positive experience at Coral Reef cause I started to have doubts based on so many negative reviews lately.

I can't say when they started having the Prime Rib on the menu, I just know when I saw a Prime Rib and baked potato as an option I was sold. It was made perfect and seasoned well. Maybe the chef is changing things up, but it was a good choice. Should have taken a picture of menu and sent to all-earsnet to update their menu selection.

angel's momma said:
Thanks for the reviews. :)

Were smoothies allowed at CM?

I can't remember whether smoothies were allowed (I think they were) but I do remember milkshakes at Le Cellier (no refill) and Whispering Canyon (bottomless).

stschaefer said:
CS - Backlot Express - PB&J with fruit eclair. DD ate all her meal. Fruit eclair was a great find - sweet and tasty.

This was at Backlot? I didn't see either of these things on the menu on All Ears net. I wonder if they changed it and she just isn't up to date. The eclair looks great and my DDs would like the pbj.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter