*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE the closer, so bummed that it is going into it's last year!!

Not quite a year ago I saw an episode of The Closer on TV and got hooked. I ordered all the old series from Amazon (spent way too much money) and brought them with me on a one week cruise that I combined with a week at WDW. I'm a late night kind of person, so after the kids fell asleep I would pop a DVD in my laptop and put some headphones on and watch a few episodes. In those 2 weeks I managed to get through a three seasons. My husband wasn't traveling with us so for me it was really a nice indulgence to watch something I wanted and to have that time to myself while the boys slept.

I'm with you. There just isn't that much on TV that I'd worry about missing. I haven't seen TBBT since they moved it to Thursday here, b/c I never get home before 8:30 on Thursday. My current addiction is "The Closer." I love Kyra Sedgewick in that! But I can watch this season's episodes online, so I'll get to see it anyway.

Does anyone know the status of the Candy Exchange??
I know that they were holding off the official close, but as I don't have access to where the list is going to be posted- hopefully someone can help me.

TIA....

I think Christina is going to post it on the Google group site for the FE exchange. You can request an invitation to join and you'll be able to see the list when it's ready. Here is the link:

WBTA FE 2011

The other night HGTV's "House Hunters International" was in Hertfordshire, England, where a young family was buying their first home. He is English, she's from Mississippi. Their budget was $400,000. As she said, they could have had a really big house in America (especially Mississippi) for that amount. They ended up with a dinky triplex unit for $365,000. One lounge (living room), small eat-in kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a bath. Location, location, location!

Oh my gosh I saw that one and thought the same thing. Her twang/accent was very, very interesting.

SEE ya in London for tea, right:banana::banana:

If Heather wants to coordinate with what she has and what I have, I am happy to help.

My thought is many of us will have Smartphones and computers, if they don't print out their own Navigator before the leave. I did not plan to print 200 copies as I was assuming people would print their own Navigators before they depart.

Heather, let me know your thoughts.

Noel, I had no idea you were doing something. I am sure I was told but in the beginning I had so much information coming in I probably forgot. The Navigator looks awesome!! I don't think we will need much more than that. I am happy to help you put it together if you need it. I only stepped up to help out because people seemed to have a need for something and I was willing. I will assume I will do nothing unless I hear from you! :) Good luck with continuing to get your DD settled! :)

It is possible! How cool you are staying at BLT!! I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary Hotel, ever since I was little! That will be so convenient to go to the parks - just one monorail stop away!

Right now I'm thinking of staying at the Marriott Harbour Lake, which is across from Sea World. We've stayed there before and we love that we can get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a full kitchen and a W/D for a pretty good deal, usually. And their pools are pirate themed and really kid friendly. But I haven't had time to book it and the good deal might go away and then we would be open to other places.

This will only be my 3rd time to WDW and all three times have been in the last three years, how crazy is that!!! :rotfl2: We have always stayed on site. We really like it. Actually we like it so much that we bought into DVC and that's how we get to stay at BLT. :) I'm STOKED! I didn't think it could happen to me... this is truly a dream come true.

It sounds like you have a lot of fun traveling coming up... lucky girl! I have always wanted to go to Maine. I bet it is very beautiful!

For those who are going to WDW in December, here is the schedule for the candelight processional. I have gone for the past 2 years and its wonderful. Lots of Christmas music, it gives you "goosebumps".:cloud9:

Evelyn, thanks for the heads up. I think will HAVE to do this!!! I'm even more excited for WDW, which I didn't know was possible!!!

Does anyone recall when the character breakfasts occurred on previous crossings? Are they usually held during the clump of five sea days? Or sprinkled at the very beginning (like Sept 11, 13)? I do believe I read it is based on early/late dinner seating times. Oh - and how easy to change if we are scheduled during one of our DIS events? (or is it even an option to change? maybe if the ship is not at capacity?)...

KevieKev05's trip report for the EBTA 2011 says that on Day 6 (Sea Day 4) that they had missed all the opportunities for Character Breakfasts:

"...As we were enjoying this meal, our servers said they missed us at our character breakfast. Ummm. What?! We told them according to our dining tickets that our character breakfast was scheduled for Monday (four days from now). They said it must’ve been a mistake as today’s breakfast was the last one! WHAT?! Since we dined at Palo the night before, they weren’t able to “remind” us at dinner. So, what happened?! Why were we missed informed yet again? I went upstairs and grabbed a dining ticket to show them what was printed on them. They felt so bad and once again mentioned that today was the last one...."

Actually Lynne - I can get to see her nearly every day. She lives with my sister and her DH - helps feed the babies in my sister's daycare, sings to them... unfortunately she had a TIA this past Wed, and is having a tough time. I guess we sometimes think she is invincible to keep bouncing back.
She is very happy that I am going on this cruise, asks about it so often.

Want to find something special for her at Monserrat. Anyone have any suggestions? She has a great faith.

At a minimum, light a candle for her.

(Wait, is it bad to laugh at your own "joke" especially when it's not funny... )

My DH does that all the time ;)

Margaret, I'm terrible with names too, so I don't mind if you forget mine!

My DH won't remember anyone's names .... he keeps asking me who we are sitting with for dinner, and I give him everyone's names. Then in another conversation if I mention any names, he will look at me totally blank and say "Who?" :headache:

I also forgot about the Olympics in London. Disneyland Paris might work for those of us who have never been there, oh wait, that would be me.:rotfl2::rotfl2:. I really would like to go there sometime. Any thoughts on that:idea:

Evelyn

I am hoping to return to Paris next year ....probably Halloween time.

Try looking at the Buena Vista Palace (my hotel). I have no idea what the rates are but usually we run specials for that time of year since we do mostly conventions and that is not a busy convention time. It is right across from DTD.

Check out Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Boulevard .... we got a great deal with them through Hotelopia. Again walking distance from Downtown. Can highly recommend it.

We're the weirdo's who don't have a DVR or Tivo or whatever people use these days to record shows. Besides, we're going to see them a million times over in reruns.

I am one of those weirdos too Pat .... we don't have Sky + or a DVR, we have a DVD player which we watch movies on and thats about it :rotfl2:

Tortola - Jost VanDyke update: I emailed the charter company last night to let them know we have about ten standbys wanting another boat, so GET ON IT! ;) Seriously, I was friendly, but just sent a reminder. I almost said that we have all been dieting, so weight should not be an issue if we just merge those ten onboard with us. :thumbsup2 Then I thought how it will be towards the END of the cruise... with lots of good food and beverages (and more beverages)... so the weightloss plea may not work by then. :rotfl2: (No, I really did not tell them that, but did at least want to check on the third boat possibility)
Anyway, Iwill update as soon as I hear back. I also asked them for exact directions to share on how to get to their dock. That will be posted as well. I just had to click through those pictures again... beautiful beach, Soggy Dollar bar, great new friends....
Hopefully they will get back to you soon.
If you didn't send us a PM for our info, is that because you got it off FB? My room is GTY until the week of the cruise, so I hear.
I used the list on the FB Lynne. The DCL CM didn't think it was a problem for the GTY'ers as she said she would look you all up later.

The other night HGTV's "House Hunters International" was in Hertfordshire, England, where a young family was buying their first home. He is English, she's from Mississippi. Their budget was $400,000. As she said, they could have had a really big house in America (especially Mississippi) for that amount. They ended up with a dinky triplex unit for $365,000. One lounge (living room), small eat-in kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a bath. Location, location, location!

That's where I live! :cool1:

Yes it is very expensive to buy property over here! :rolleyes:

I know that they were holding off the official close, but as I don't have access to where the list is going to be posted- hopefully someone can help me.

TIA....

I don't know what is happening but i'm waiting to bag all mine up to....hopefully the two people Christina was waiting for have got back to her by now!

My DH won't remember anyone's names .... he keeps asking me who we are sitting with for dinner, and I give him everyone's names. Then in another conversation if I mention any names, he will look at me totally blank and say "Who?" :headache:

:rotfl: I could have written that exact same message about Lee.....oh well they can forget each others names at dinner every night. ;)

If Heather wants to coordinate with what she has and what I have, I am happy to help.

My thought is many of us will have Smartphones and computers, if they don't print out their own Navigator before the leave. I did not plan to print 200 copies as I was assuming people would print their own Navigators before they depart.

Heather, let me know your thoughts.

Noel, I have seen your navigator of the 2010 WBTA and it is great. A PDF file is good for me, because I can read it on my iPad. I don't have to print it.

I also forgot about the Olympics in London. Disneyland Paris might work for those of us who have never been there, oh wait, that would be me.:rotfl2::rotfl2:. I really would like to go there sometime. Any thoughts on that:idea:

Evelyn

Disneyland Paris is a great idea. With Paris and for some also London. There is a direct trainconnection between Paris and London. So you can do both if you want. I realy want to see London again. It is way to long ago that I was there.

That's where I live! :cool1:

Yes it is very expensive to buy property over here! :rolleyes:...

I feel like I have some sort of idea where you live after seeing this episode, even though it was only a 30 minute program (programme, for you, I believe).

As soon as they said Hertfordshire, I thought of you and your "Herts." They showed it on a map, saying it was 25 miles (?) north of London, in the commuter belt; hence the pricing for location, location, location. The husband took the train into London for his IT job.

...Disneyland Paris is a great idea. With Paris and for some also London. There is a direct trainconnection between Paris and London. So you can do both if you want. I realy want to see London again. It is way to long ago that I was there.

Yes, that Eurostar from DLP to St Pancras station in London is marvelous. We did it in October - they don't tell you when you are going into the Chunnel (we figured it was to keep people from getting nervous). Pat (PFlamingo) said she wanted to show Dennis London; well, this would allow for both DLP and London. Certainly seems like the appropriate venus for Disney fans.

...I am hoping to return to Paris next year ....probably Halloween time.

This year's MNSSHP at DLP are the Fridays in October + a Halloween Party on October 31. Probably their standard dates.

I feel like I have some sort of idea where you live after seeing this episode, even though it was only a 30 minute program (programme, for you, I believe).

As soon as they said Hertfordshire, I thought of you and your "Herts." They showed it on a map, saying it was 25 miles (?) north of London, in the commuter belt; hence the pricing for location, location, location. The husband took the train into London for his IT job.

Yep that's right. We are 25 mins on the train direct into Kings Cross/St Pancras so you do get a lot of commuters each day but I don't think I could do that each day though.

Do you remember which town they were in? Hertfordshire is the county made up of lots of towns. :)

TIA....

I will post the groups on the Google Group later today.

No reply yet from Tortola Charters on a third boat, but it usually takes them 2-3 days to reply.

KevieKev05's trip report for the EBTA 2011 says that on Day 6 (Sea Day 4) that they had missed all the opportunities for Character Breakfasts:

"...As we were enjoying this meal, our servers said they missed us at our character breakfast. Ummm. What?! We told them according to our dining tickets that our character breakfast was scheduled for Monday (four days from now). They said it must’ve been a mistake as today’s breakfast was the last one! WHAT?! Since we dined at Palo the night before, they weren’t able to “remind” us at dinner. So, what happened?! Why were we missed informed yet again? I went upstairs and grabbed a dining ticket to show them what was printed on them. They felt so bad and once again mentioned that today was the last one...."

Thanks, Lynne!! So it looks like their's was done during the clump of sea days. Huge bummer they had tickets giving them the incorrect date. That would seem to be quite the snafu!

I'm pretty sure Sarah will be thinking, "Look at all the people here for my birthday!" princess:

Sarah is quite the extrovert. I'm sure she will be asking each person in the gate area if they are going to Barcelona, and then ask if they are going on the Dizinee cruise. We'll be there early since Curt has to check in super early for standby, so between she and I, we'll know everyone on the plane prior to preboarding. :rotfl2:

Yep that's right. We are 25 mins on the train direct into Kings Cross/St Pancras so you do get a lot of commuters each day but I don't think I could do that each day though.

Do you remember which town they were in? Hertfordshire is the county made up of lots of towns. :)

They looked at town in each of the following villages/towns:

Stanstead Abbots, East Hertfordshire

Hertford Heath

Hoddesdon

(I rewatched parts of the episode - online - no way did I catch those names on the first go-around.)

And as usual, I am wondering why they made the choice they did - they passed on a garage and a more decent size backyard.

They looked at town in each of the following villages/towns:

Stanstead Abbots, East Hertfordshire

Hertford Heath

Hoddesdon

(I rewatched parts of the episode - online - no way did I catch those names on the first go-around.)

And as usual, I am wondering why they made the choice they did - they passed on a garage and a more decent size backyard.

I don't know that area very well (they are all neighbouring towns with Hoddesdon being the largest of the 3) it's probably about 20 miles from me, we are north Herts.

Those types of programmes are funny as they always go for the house you least expect them too. :laughing:

Sarah is quite the extrovert. I'm sure she will be asking each person in the gate area if they are going to Barcelona, and then ask if they are going on the Dizinee cruise. We'll be there early since Curt has to check in super early for standby, so between she and I, we'll know everyone on the plane prior to preboarding. :rotfl2:

After meeting Sarah.. I do believe you are right.. She will not only know everyone at the gate.. she will have them wrapped around her pretty little finger! You can't help but love her..... I'm so glad she is my rent a Princess...hehe.

Krystyne, Glad you have decided to join us on here more often! Miss ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter