*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain-Taking the Magic Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

karentan

<font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g
Welcome Aboard!!​

This thread is a continuation of the previous thread, as we were not able to update the first page with the relevant info.

A big welcome to all our new cruisers, please join in the fun!

Please take time to read the information on the first few posts. They contain important information, as well as details of all the events, exchanges and meet ups that are being planned.
If you would like to join in any of the events and exchanges below, please PM the person organising that particular event. In order to ensure smooth running, if you are joining in the events and exchanges, please ensure you take time to reply to any and all PM’s the organiser may send you. If after several attempts you cannot be reached by the organiser, they reserve the right to remove your name from that event/exchange.

Sorry for all the information overload, now back to the fun!

Itinerary
2011 westbound transatlantic itinerary

Saturday 10th Barcelona, Spain - aboard 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 11th At Sea
Monday 12th Gibraltar, U.K. - ashore 7:30 a.m, aboard 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday 13th At Sea
Wednesday 14th Madeira, Portugal - ashore 8:30 a.m, aboard 9:30 p.m.
Thursday 15th At Sea
Friday 16th At Sea
Saturday 17th At Sea
Sunday 18th At Sea
Monday 19th At Sea
Tuesday 20th St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles - ashore 7:15 a.m, aboard 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday 21st Tortola, British Virgin Islands - ashore 7:30 a.m, aboard 3:45 p.m.
Thursday 22nd At Sea
Friday 23rd Castaway Cay - ashore 11:15 a.m, aboard 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 24th Port Canaveral, Florida - ashore 7:30 a.m

Current list of cruisers:
(updated 24th March 2011)
People with a ? next to their name have not confirmed yet if they are definately able to cruise
If i have missed anyone out, please let me know :)

? 2canadianfans – Sharon and Jean-Marc
3Canadianslovedisney - Leanne, DH Ken, DD Morgan (9), parents Ted and Dorothy
Amackay – Allan and DG Genna
AngieKaye - angie and manda
? AnkaG – Anne-Karine and DH
auntlynne - Lynne (solo)
Beccabeehappy - Becca and Frankie
? Berries – her, DH, DS (4)
? Bhsddisneynut – him and DW
BigHugsForEeyore – Sarah, mum Maureen
binkytell - Sarah, DH Brian, DD Beth (9), DD Ellie (7 months)
Birkner – Noel and John
Brookspayne - Burnice and parents
? Caaimee -
? Cadznychc - Brenda, DS, DBIL
CaroleRWO - Carole, Mike and Jenny
Carys – Sandra
? CastMember_02
? Chernabog#1fan – her, DH, mother and father, mother in law, father in law
chirpee - Lorraine and DH
Chris&Jeremy (and Jeremy&Chris)- Chris (33) and Jeremy (32)
? Christannj – her, DH, two adult children
? Cingularone @yahoo.co – Dennis and DW Donita
Cliffy97 - Dan and Bruce
csgraves - dan and connie
CustardTart – Karen
DCL_dreamer - Claire and DH Bob
? Debg -
Dgentrysim - Debra and DH
? Dibond38 - Diana, Steve and DD (6)
disneyfan_sd - Crystal and Trent
? disneymagicgirl -
Ebony - Jan, DH Carl
Edith75 - Edith, DH Darren, DD Mallory (13), DD Mackenzie (10)
fontabel - her and DH
GA-yaya - Peggy and DH Roger
Goofy_Adpi - Laura
Goofieslonglostsis - Jacqueline
Goofprincess - Sandy and DH Tony
Granmaz – Marilyn and DH John
Grumpy1234 - Norman and DW Margaret
Happyfeet - Sue
? Jennifer_in_MI – Jennifer, DH Steve, DS Sam (15), DS Andrew (13), DS William (11), DD Margaret (5)
jessicasmom - Pat, Larry and DD Jessica (26)
jjb52 -
Julie2009 - Julie (solo)
Just_love_Eeyore – Christina, DH Rasmus, DS Thomas
Karentan – Karen, DH Gary
KiwiMatt – Matthew, DW Hanneke, DD Arwen (5)
kj_connections - Karen and DH Jeff
Lindababe (and MomE and LovingtheMouse) - Linda, Eilean, and LTM
MandyGirl – Mandy, DH Curt, DD (5), DD (15 months)
Manon_Paul_Nina - her, DH and DD (3)
? Meliador – Melia, DH
melonz - Mel, DD Paris (16), DD Chanelle (14) and DS Ethan (10)
Middleofamerica - Matt, Mindi, and 3 kids (9, 7, and 4)
? MissErin – Erin, DH Jeff, DD Abby, DS Drew, DD Cara
Missjudit - Judi and DH David
? Mom_rules - her and DH
? Mousemansion
Namsupak - Lauren, DH James, DD Lorelai (2)
? Nassausoccermom
? Nick262 – Nickole, DH Dom, DD Kirsten (8)
Paragd911 – Mark and DW Joy, doggy shadow J
Pinky166 – Claire and DH Lee
pixie_dust_for_me! - karen a+A34nd DS Andrew (12)
? Pflamingo - Pat and DH Dennis
rala - couple and DD (2)
? Scothen - Scot
Squitty - Michelle and DH Neil
steamboat_will - him and friend Abby
sue_l - sue and DH Paul
Susie2 - Susie and DH
Tigger 24 - Bernadette, DH Jon, DD Hailey (7)
tod&copper - Mary and DH Stevie
tojam - him, DW Jamie, DS and Jamie's mother
TotallyAngelic - Sarah and DH Tony
? U2FanHfx – Chad and DW
We’re_aliens – Jane and Dave
Wkrider – Mark and Katie (Buttercup)

Logos that can be added to signatures/magnets/tshirts etc

official one:

DCLMAP2.jpg

link to signature size version of the logo above

link to other WBTA logos in various sizes

Other useful info

For non-US citizens
The visa waiver scheme has now been discontinued and has been replaced by the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. Any non-US citizens from previous visa waiver countries now need to apply online for authorization to travel to the US, prior to travelling. You no longer have the option of filling in the form while on the plane. ESTA application process
The site states that you only have to take note of the authorization number, and do not need to print anything out. However one of the cruisers from the 2010 WBTA reported that this was not the case, DCL requires a print out of the ESTA. Those that did not have the print out were required to reapply for the ESTA at check in. Understandably this caused a lot of stress for some people, so please take note of this, so you dont get caught out the same way.

Barcelona tips
Travelling from London to Spain by train
Barcelona Cruise Terminal Information
Hotels in Barcelona thread, more hotels, even more hotels
Kids in Barcelona
Barcelona with Children
Where to buy cheap alcohol before boarding (borrowed from the 2010 WBTA thread):
Before the 2007 TA, we discovered the wine shop in El Corte Ingles, which is a department store located at the top of Las Ramblas. The wine department is on the lower level, in the grocery store. The selection is fabulous, and the prices incredible!

London tips
What to do in London
Travel for kids
Things for children to do in London

Possible Madiera tour
Noel (Birkner) organised a private tour of Madiera on last year's WBTA. She has very kindly offered to gather information for a similar tour this year if enough people are interested. Please PM Noel if you are interested in taking the tour

Previous trip reports
Totally Angelic
Tinker1belle
MagicMe
MinnieMousefam
DolphinGirl47

(thanks to Noel (Birkner) for these links, they've been shamelessly stolen from her previous posts!) :rotfl:

Where to find WiFi access
wifi access points while in port

kids thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2680262

Fish Extender info!!!​

If you would like to join in the FE exchange, please PM PFlamingo (Pat) with names of everyone in the room who is participating, ages of children, and your room number (if known)
Many thanks in advance to Pat, on behalf of everyone, for organizing the FE.

for those who arent familiar with how the FE exchanges work, here's a few threads to get you started!
FE basics
fish extender info
instructions for the no sew FE
handmade FE gift ideas
other FE gift ideas

Participants so far:
(updated 7th March 2010)

BigHugsforEeyore - room 6520, Sarah & DM Maureen
Granmaz - room 6116, Marilyn , and DH John
Karentan - awaiting room assignment, Karen (30) and DH Gary (29)
Goofyslonglostsis - room 6647, Jacqueline (31)
Pflamingo - room 5622, Pat (49) and DH Dennis (58)
Pinky166 - room 6321, Claire and DH Lee
missjudit - room 7078, Judie and DH David
LittleDisneyLovers - room 7506, Hayley, DH Terry, DD Lucy (10), DD Bella (9)
ebony - room 2056, Jan and DH Carl
TorontoGirl - room 7503, Tarin and DH Donny
3canadianslovedisney - awaiting room assignment, Leanne, DH Ken, DD Morgan (9)
Emmah16 - awaiting room assignment, Emma, DH Dan, DS Sam (3)
Totallyangelic - room 6003, Sarah and DH Tony
Steamboatwill - room 1072, Will and friend Abby
Chernabog#1fan - Janet, DH James, DD Alexis (12), DS Stephen (8), dad Gary, Mom Donna, FIL John, MIL Judy
Fontabel - awaiting room assignment, Amanda and DH Jared
JustloveEeyore - room 6640, Christina, DH Rasmus, DS Thomas (5)
Dgentrysim - awaiting room assignment, Debra and DH Rick
DisneyfanSD - room 7510, Crystal and DH Trent
Pixiedustforme - room 7631, Karen and DS Andrew (12)

Secret Mickey Gift Exchange

Welcome to the 2011 WBTA Secret Mickey exchange

This exchange is a bit different from the fish extender exchange, but works along the same way as a secret santa exchange.
Each participating stateroom will be matched with another stateroom, and should buy a gift for that cabin with a total cost of no less than $20 but no more than $25 (approx GB£16, Aus$25, Can$25)
The gifts can be one per cabin, or individual gifts for each person. You can leave the gift in that cabin's fish extender if they have one, or you can ask their stateroom host to put it in the room. You should attach a note to the gift that says its a gift from their secret mickey.

If you would like to join in the Secret Mickey exchange, please PM me with names of everyone in the room who is participating, ages of children, and your room number (if known). Please could you also include a vague idea of your favourite characters/what things you like to receive etc

Participants so far:
(updated 24th March 2011)

karentan - karen, DH Gary - awaiting room assignment - likes: stitch, mickey, disney pins, chocolate!
goofieslonglostsis - Jacqueline - room 6647 - likes: muppets, purple, reading, travel, toystory mania, puzzles, disney
Pflamingo - Pat, DH Dennis - room 5622 - likes: Pat - Stitch; purple; reading, sewing, crochet, Dennis -Woody & Bullseye; blue; flying, We both love our dogs, cooking, wine, and all things Disney
squitty - michelle, DH Neil - awaiting room assignment - likes
pinky166 - Claire, DH Lee - room 6321 - likes: Favourite Characters: Stitch, Minnie & Wall.E
mandygirl - DD Sarah (5) - room 5513 - likes: anything princess
Dgentrysim - Debra and DH - awaiting room assignment -
TorontoGirl - Tarin and Donny - room 7503 - likes: Tarin - Loves Stitch, Nightmare Before Christmas and Pin Trading!, Donny - Loves Donald Duck
sue_l - Sue and Paul - awaiting room assignment
Disneyfan_sd - Crystal and Trent - room 7510 - likes Mickey, Pluto and Minnie
Just_Love_Eeyore - DS Thomas (5) - awaiting room assignment - likes Mickey and Toy Story
Jessicasmom - Pat, Larry, DD Jessica (26) - awaiting room assignment - travel, gardening, gaming (Jess), Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale, and sweets
Melonz - Mel, DD Paris (16), DD Chanelle (14) and DS Ethan (10) - room 1054 - toy story, lion king, sweets (of course) minnie mouse, stitch, pluto

Scrapbooking Exchange

If you would like to join in the scrapbooking exchange, please PM Pinky166 (Claire) with your info and room number.

The idea of the scrapbook exchange is to give your fellow exchangers some Disney/cruise scrapbooking embellishments for use in your scrapbooks after you return home!

You don't have to spend a lot or any money towards this exchange.
The gift(s) can be homemade, already in your scrapbooking inventory, or purchased.
Some ideas include page borders, journaling boxes, photo frames, titles for pages, and small embellishments.
Your gift(s) can have a theme related to something you do on the ship (games, dining, pirating, etc.), our ports-of-call, cruising in general, Disney, or whatever else comes to mind.

You will need to deliver the exchange to the relevant Fish Extenders whenever is convenient for you. A list will be supplied at the cut off date (to be confirmed nearer the cruise). If you have any questions or want to sign up please contact Pinky166 (Claire)

Participants so far:
(updated 21st November 2010)

Pinky166 - Claire - room 6321
Birkner - Noel - room 8024
Dgentrysim - Deb
Lindababe - Linda
Namsupak - Lauren

Candy Swap

If you would like to join in the candy swap, please PM Goofieslonglostsis (Jacqueline) with your info. Please also include any dietary considerations if you have any (eg: nut allergies etc), we don't want to make anyone ill on the cruise!

Stateroom Tours

There seems to be some interest in possibly arranging stateroom tours, if anyone would like to take the lead and arrange this, please PM me and I can post the info here :)

Pins and Lanyards

On the 2010 WBTA, Noel had special lanyards and pins made.
There needs to be enough interest from 2011 cruisers for this to happen again, the pin design will be different, depending on what logo we decide on for this cruise, and the cost for the pin will be approximately 4.5-5 euros, as long as we can sell 100 pins.
With regards to the lanyards, hopefully a group of DISers will volunteer to underwrite the lanyards as they did last year so they will be free to the rest of the DISers. We already have several people offering to be part of the lanyard underwriting group. If you wish to join, please send Noel (Birkner) a PM. If we get enough members, the cost should be $10 or less per member
If you are interested in the pins or lanyards, please PM Birkner (Noel)

T Shirts

On the 2010 WBTA, special t-shirts were printed with the cruise meet logo. Karen (Pixie_Dust_For_Me) has kindly offered to organise this for our cruise. Price will be approximately $7 per t-shirt, and sizes range from Youth XS (size 2) to Youth XL; Adult S to Adult 4XL. Our official logo is too complicated to reprint onto t shirts so we are working on a logo that can be printed.
If you would like to order a t shirt, please PM karen with your name, address, and sizing information (So, for example, if I were to place my order, it would say: Karen, XL; Andrew, 2XL)
If you are interested in the tshirts, please PM PixieDustForMe (Karen) as well as emailing Karen directly with your order.

Champagne Girls meet up

Would you like to join the Champagne Girls? Claire is arranging a girly meet on one of the At Sea days (to be confirmed) where we will dress in pink!!! Tiara's & feather boa's optional but highly recommended, and its a good excuse to chat and drink Champagne!! (not essential).

If you would like to join us then please please PM Pinky166 (Claire)

participants so far:
Claire (Pinky166)
Noel (Birkner)
Michelle (Squitty)
Laura (Goofy Adpi)
Tarin (TorontoGirl)
Lisa (njmom23grls)
Leanne (3canadianslovedisney)
Pat (Pflamingo)
Mary (Tod&Copper)
Sarah (TotallyAngelic)
Deb (Dgentrysim)
Crystal (Disneyfan_sd) & friends Merill & Cris
Peggy (Ga-yaya)
Angie, Amanda & Jessica (Angiekaye)
Julie (Julie2009)

Pyjama Breakfast

Mandy is organising a PJ breakfast on Sunday the 18th September (a sea day) at 10am, at Lumieres. If you would like to join in, please PM MandyGirl (Mandy).
There is no cost involved for the breakfast, and there are no set times for breakfasts on DCL, so your evening dining rotation does not affect participation in this event at all. We will be meeting outside Lumieres at approx 9.50am for a group photo prior to the breakfast.
Please note:
If you had previously PM'd hayley (the previous organiser), please re-PM Mandy so we can get an updated list of who's still interested.

Linked dining

Dan has kindly offered to organise linking of dining reservations for disboard members who would like to sit with fellow disers. If you would like to sit with your fellow disers, please PM Cliffy97 (Dan) with the following info:
Booking Number
Main Name on Booking (Real Name)
Main or Late

Gibraltar Dolphin Watching Excursion​

Sarah is organising a group booking for the dolphin watching tour in Gibraltar. The boat will leave at 10.15am, leaving plenty of time to explore the rest of the island in the afternoon. The trip will be approximately 90 minutes long.
http://www.gibraltarinfo.gi/gibraltar-dolphins.aspx
Pricing:
£15 per person (normally £20 per person)
If you are interested in this tour please PM TotallyAngelic (Sarah)

Tortola Excursion​

Mandy is organising a private day sail on a power catamaran to Jost VanDyke with Tortola Charters, it includes free snorkel gear to all guests and a guided tour of the reef at White Bay (they are preferred customers of the Soggy Dollar Bar and receive free use of all of their facilities including chairs and hammocks).
http://tortolacharters.com/
Pricing:
$50 (ages 12+), $40 (ages 3-11), Free (under 3 years)
Comparable DCL Excursion: "Jost VanDyke Beach Day" ($105 for adults, $75 for kids)
If you are interested in this tour please PM MandyGirl (Mandy), as we must have 40 paying passengers with a maximum of 50 on the catamaran

thanks! took a while to get it all laid out right, and there's still a bit more info to add as we go along but hopefully now we can get properly started!

has anyone got any idea as to who might want to run the FE's? i dont mind starting to keep track of who wants to do it if no one else has volunteered. just thinking that its something that should get started now that we have a shiny new thread!

thanks! took a while to get it all laid out right, and there's still a bit more info to add but hopefully now we can get properly started!

has anyone got any idea as to who might want to run the FE's? i dont mind starting to keep track of who wants to do it if no one else has volunteered. just thinking that its something that should get started now that we have a shiny new thread!

I don't mind taking names for the FE, but not sure the organising is my thing when it comes to that part. I get stressed easily, but name keeping would be no problem. Means I am doing something useful towards the cruise!!

did you want to start taking names for the FEs then? if you dont want to do the actual organising, i'm sure someone wont mind taking over that later. if you dont want to, i dont mind doing it either.

Yes, I will take names. I might continue to organise too if it is a simple one. Some are, some aren't. We can decide how to do it later depending on numbers, don't need to worry about that yet.

So, for now, on the FE list. ;)

Granmaz room 6116

i'll post up the top for people to PM you with their info if thats ok, might be a bit easier way to keep up with it?

edited to add: i've posted FE info in the box above, if you could send me a PM every so often with the updated list, i'll make sure its updated here :)

I wonder if it would be good to put up there the ESTA information, particularly with regard to having a print out, which was needed this year from DCL. Even though the ESTA authority(Homeland Security???) say you don't need a print out, only the number, you did indeed need one, or else you had to re apply at check in. Caused a lot of problems and some upset cruisers. Having said that everyone did get onboard and could continue to cruise. It took one person 2 1/2 hours to get accepted(again) and she was really upset about it all.

I know it has been mentioned before, but for the new cruisers who need ESTA to get into the US this is important information.

It would be nice to think that by this cruise they had managed to have the system in place to not need us to have a copy, but I doubt it to be honest for the once a year they have to do this immigration.

done and info added! :banana: I'm on a roll here! :rotfl:

does anyone fancy doing a secret mickey exchange? i think there was one one the last WBTA, and it sounds like a great idea! i dont mind organising this one!

You are definitely on a roll Karen!!! I wonder when anyone else will be signing in!!! Slow coaches!!! Don't they know about you and me over here having a party by ourselves!!!???:rotfl2:

:banana: PART-AAAA-Y!!!! :banana:

if anyone is looking for a category 11c (the old cat 12s) theyre showing as available on the DCL site at the moment :)

Claire(Pinky) said she will PM everyone on the list so that might just get a few more involved.

Good morning!! Only 7:23AM here on the West Coast so I didn't know there was a new thread until I awoke this morning.

No problem with taking things from my previous posts. Anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Noel

if anyone has any info they want placed on the first page, please let me know, i'm getting a mental block so cant think of anything else!

morning noel! its only morning where you are, but its already getting dark here :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter