Sept 11 ~ Reflection ~ Canadian Feelings

I was at work early into a 16 hours shift. As soon as someone told us about the first crash we turned on a TV we have for off-hours and watched in disbelief as the rest unfolded.

I became numb when I remembered my neice worked there. We didn't find out she had made it out until late that night when she could finally get through from where she had been evacuated to in Staten Island. She had once been a volunteer firefighter and she told me that all she could think of when she watched the collapse was the faces of the firemen going up the stairs as she was going down.

I have never felt so helpless in my life, a feeling that lingers to this day.

We were at Disney at the beginning of Sept, and were scheduled to leave WDW on the 10th, driving home. Our plans changed at the last minute as my dh and I were both able to get a couple of days off at the beginning of our vacation, so we left WDW on the 8th and arrived home on Sunday the 9th. Had we not changed our trip, we would have been somewhere in Kentucky and of course would have been oblivious to the whole thing since we don't listen to radio stations while we travel. I am very grateful we were not part of the mess at the border that surrounded the days following 9/11. I was in a meeting at work and when we got out of it at about 9:20, we were greeted by shocked co-workers huddling around radios in the office. All I wanted to do was leave work and go pick up my kids at the babysitters so I could hug them. I am looking forward to seeing the ground zero flag that is in Epcot when we go next month. I still find the whole thing hard to understand, and I still pray for the families who lost loved ones in those 4 terrible attacks. God bless to everyone.

Mary Liz

that we as a family cannot go back to Disney. My 11 year old daughter is now terrified to go on a plane. Our first and only trip to Disney was Christmas 2000. We loved it and will have memories for the rest of our lives. Of course, we could drive to Florida, but I also have an autisitic son that would not like to be in a car for that long of a trip.

My hubby and I would love to go back but it will have to be without my daughter or if she ever lets go her fear of flying. My daughter did not know anyone that died that day, but she is at the age where she takes notice as to what happens in the world. Personally, I cannot watch anymore footage of 09/11 anymore. It just depresses me and makes me cry.

Sherrie

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 3, 2002 8:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=fuchsia>First Day Back To School :earsboy:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yippee!!! ';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

I was teaching when my EA came in to tell me that a plane had crashed into the first tower. A wave of sadness came over me, with the thought of "What a dreadful accident!" By the time recess came, the second plane had hit and we all gathered in the library to watch in disbelief. I can still feel the tears that fell down my face, and my prayers as I watched people jumping to avoid the heat and then watching as the tower collapsed. As the reports of a third, and fourth plane came in, it was surreal, but the kids were waiting. A sad, unforgettable day. :(

I was up nursing my newborn baby when I turned on the tv and saw the first plane hit. I couldn't believe my eyes. Even though my husband had to go to work in a few short hours I had to wake him to let him see for himself what had happened. All that day I didn't do a darn thing. Just took care of the baby in front of the TV. Hormones and all raging I was crying most of the day thinking of mothers on the plane with babies and children. I don't know what I will be doing this Sept 11. Hopfully it will be a peaceful one.

Tania

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter