Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repositioning Repossession Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI

I really like the idea of a question of the week - it would be great to get to know everyone a bit better!

My favourite character would have to be Capt Jack Sparrow, closely followed by Mickey! DH 's favourite characters are Chip and Dale - he always has to get a photograph taken with them!

Cruise staff - we really liked Claire and Neville on our recent Magic cruise - they were so enthusiastic about everything they did!

Real quick cuz I'm on my way to cheerleading practice:

My favorite character is Tigger (as you might have assumed) followed closely by Tinkerbell.

Jason's favorite character is Roo followed closely by Peter Pan.

Goodness, it has been a busy day on the thread!:woohoo:

Welcome to all the newcomers. I'm not good about keeping up with that. I love that we come from all over and have had lots different vacation/cruise adventures. I love to learn from others experiences, so please share any and all information. With that spirit, I've shared some of our experiences from the first EBTA. It truly was not meant to be cliquey or anything else. Sorry if it came across that way.:grouphug:

Interesting info on the fuel surcharge. I have one ressie that I booked online the first morning and another that was a transfer of a dummy ressie booked onboard. It is tricky to transfer/rebook that one, but maybe I should do something with the other :confused3 . I'll need to think on that. Hopefully, DCL will do the right thing just remove the fuel charges on all of them.

Favorite disney character:
me - changes - currently I would have to say Belle or Lilo
DH - definitely Simba - always has been always will be
DD#3 - Cinderella (or any of the princesses) and Nala

And yes, I definitely need to step away from the computer and get some work done:rotfl2:
If you lick like hogie I will send you a buster collar from work!!
Does Christiaan the cruise director count as a disney character?:love:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Note to self - do not read DIS while drinking - nearly had milk all over the computer screen:rotfl: .
Want to know the funny part? I'm an identical twin. We've both had our ACLs reconstructed. When she tore her, I tore mine two weeks later to the day! :lmao: We did have the surgery a couple of weeks apart though. The second time I tore it, I was dancing around my house. I didn't know for sure that I had torn it, but when they went to do a scope about 2 years later, it was torn and needed to be reconstructed.

The best part about this story is that my twin tore her ACL this past summer on a cruise. She was on Royal Carribean (I know, it's a bad word) and was taking part in the the Quest Game. They needed 6 women to come up to the stage and do the can-can. Now my twin thought, 'hey, I've been dancing for over 25 years, I can do that!' so she went up. Just as they went to start the can-can, she stepped back to prep for the kick and RRRRRRRIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP went her ACL! She knew she had torn it right away...she actually thought she was going to get sick right on stage! :eek: Luckily, she just limped off and got some water. I get a text message from the middle of the Atlantic Ocean saying that the had torn her ACL doing the can-can and to make a doctor's appointment for her for when she got back.

What can I say... LOL!!!:lmao:
Twins are amazing!
I wish I could dance, i do crazy jumping about but thats it, hubby andI went to class once(say no more);)
It was about as bad as the squash and he hit me in the jugular with the sqaush ball!!:scared1: dont do that either now:cutie:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I think we will get along well. We have a lot in common:
dance - two left feet here. DH has ballroom dancing trophys from his teenage years and tried to teach me - it wasn't pretty:scared1: .
squash/raquetball - tried that too with DH:sad2: why on earth would someone voluntarily go into an enclosed room with projectiles flying around the room?
Welcome to all the new folks. I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up now. We will be heading south from OR Thursday or Fri. We should be at DL by mid month! :woohoo: We have annual passes with blackouts, so we hope to be there by Dec 14 so we will have several days to play before the Dec 20 blackout period begins. :thumbsup2 We have 3 friends to visit on the way down. :hug:

Safe travels. Are you going down the coast on Hwy 1 or the 5?

Oh someone on here did a list a few weeks back (and as you can tell Im awful at names lol) Not sure if anyone has it or if they are around at the mo though as haven't seen the list for awhile

There is a text version on the roll call page on the transatlanticpirates.com website that lists Dis name and reality name. Hope that helps:)

Linda

This will be Dan's first cruise and the first time he's going to experience DIS as a whole so how involved we get I'm leaving up to him but I'm sure we will meet up with some familiar faces and some new ones if only to say hi!

Well, you may see me following you around just to listen to your accents! I had two uncles from Wales (my mom's sisters married brothers) and I loved them so. They both passed while I was still a kid and I will always have a soft spot for the Welsh! :grouphug:

I am lovin' reading everyone's favourite characters (and CMs:rotfl2: --goodness I like so many of them . . Rachael is my favourite crusie director and I loved Keyon and Michael (niether of whom I believe are still onboard, but maybe they are back:lovestruc ) and Oscar and DJ Mike and. . .well so many wonderful people who MAKE a Disney cruise:goodvibes

Oh, another Keyon fan here....LOVED dancing with him on '60's night way back in '06. :cloud9:

I often have to step back from the computer to get anything done...I just don't DO IT!

Favorite character: Well, Tigger of course, but also have a soft spot for the main man Mickey. Favorite princesses: Aurora and Belle. Love the antics of Chip and Dale too.

:rolleyes1 is anyone else having a really hard time not going over to the new thread and posting.....:rolleyes1

Oh my everyone was so chatty today! It took me a bit to catch up. Welcome to anyone who is new or welcome back to anyone who has been out for a bit:goodvibes

Hi everyone!

I had a lovely weekend (I work Tuesday-Saturday so today was my Sunday) and I wish it wouldn't be over!!!! Well it was lovely except for the fact that I scheduled my ACL reconstruction for January 7th. It will be my third ACL reconstruction so it's nothing new for me. I want to be 100% healed by my wedding in October!

Amy I hope this one takes care of everything for you and your recovery is speedy:goodvibes
The fuel has to stay nelow $70 a barrel for 2 WHOLE quarters. I asked if it went to $71 on one of those 2 qurters would be get it the OBC, she said no!

So basically I can get about $95 back right now by rebooking or I do nothing and hope to get the OBC. At this point I think the better gamble is to wait bc $490 (for our 2 rooms) is better then $95 now.

I am just disappointed that they are even doing this!
That stinks:rolleyes: Hopefully we all get a decent OBC in the end if the fuel prices stay low.
Lanyard transport and the cost of living in Europe:rolleyes1 Well, let's see if we can get soem paperwork on this possible job for Dave and then I may be able to give a first hand account of the cost of living differences and surely we can figure out how to get the lanyards across the pond if I have an address there;) All of your good thoughts and pixie dust have been MUCH appreciated and we are STILL waiting to see any kind of anything about details (you know, silly things like salary), BUT we are told that is very common in international moves and the company is flying all of us to GERMANY to look at apartments and schools next week:woohoo: :banana: Keep the good thoguths comming our way if you can spare any:flower3: and I'll keep you all posted (by posting:rotfl2: ) if I get any further news.

Hadley I have been wondering how things are going!! I would so love to get back to Germany!! I bet you guys are beyond thrilled to start seeing things finally start to move along:goodvibes Sending lots of extra PD for you guys:wizard: :wizard:

I know on our last Dis thread, and I don't want to make this one like that, but Hadley asked a question of the week to get everyone involved and get a different perspective. It was like Question of the Week and maybe we can learn about each other through that. I don't know if people would be interested.

I think that would be a fun idea to do:goodvibes
I love snow, but I also dislike dirty snow. There's nothing better than untouched snow on a cold winter morning

I don't care for the dirty slushy snow either. I love the way the snow looks new fallen when it clings to all the tree branches, but I only need that for like a week and then I'm ready for things to start heating up!

Okay--well a nice starting place is what is your favourite Disney character?
Oh that is hard to pick just one. I would probably say Mickey.

Hi Leonard or Lynn (I can't tell which one of you is posting:) ) Do you see the little colored bits of sayings under my (and many other posters) DISname? Those are tags. They are usually direct quotes (mine are--thus the typos--I have never been decent at typing) It just adds some more persoanlity and silliness to the DIS.
So my answers to my own question are:
Me (Hadley): Mary Poppins. How can you not love someone who is practically perfect in every way?!
Dave: Milo Thatch (the nerdy historian from Atlantis in case you were wondering).
Marika: Belle (my voracious reader pretty much IS Belle)
Rio: Peter Pan (but he loves ll of the fab 5 also)

:lmao: Certainly Hadley knows me very well so obviously will see the humor in THAT irony (just so nobody else thinks I'm being mean) To prove her own point on the typos line, it looks like Rio loves ELEVEN of the FAB 5 they way you typed it, hehe. Of course I know you mean ALL of the FAB 5!

Okay, I know I haven't been very active, I just finished my local production of Beauty and the Beast, so now I have a little more of life back to normal.

Thanks everyone for keeping us up to speed on the FS info, and please continue to do so over the next couple days for those of us who haven't called in to DCL or DVC to receive our own conflicting info.

Welcome all the new folks (I'm so behind on posts, I don't even know if there ARE "new" folks.

Erik, lovely post on "Why I DIS"

Todd, thanks for prepping the new thread already.

Fave character: Chernabog

Have a good day everyone.

Okay--well a nice starting place is what is your favourite Disney character?

I had to go back to work this afternoon so I didn't get to answer then BUT my favorite character is Cinderella (and I have the ink to prove it:rotfl2:) followed closely by Captain Jack and the original Mickey Mouse rounds out the top 3!

Favorite crew member...that's tough but I would have to say that I really enjoyed Mela from Sessions - she took great care of us!

Welcome to all the new folks. I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up now. We will be heading south from OR Thursday or Fri. We should be at DL by mid month! :woohoo: We have annual passes with blackouts, so we hope to be there by Dec 14 so we will have several days to play before the Dec 20 blackout period begins. :thumbsup2 We have 3 friends to visit on the way down. :hug:

Safe travels!

The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of the two major ligaments in the knee. It connects the thigh bone to the shin bone. (I must write that that was taken right off of the webmd.com site). So once there is no ACL there, it makes the knee very unstable and it will give out and shift out of place easily. It can be very painful when that happens. Here is a little more information about the ACL and other ligaments in the knee:
http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/knee-ligament-injuries

I will be having ACL reconstruction surgery where the doctor will replace the torn ACL with a cadaver graft and that will become my 'new' ACL. It's a painful surgery, but one that does need to be done. Here's a little information about the surgery itself: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-surgery

Hope that helps a bit! No worries about not knowing what it is...trust me, if I hadn't torn my ACL three times, I wouldn't know what it was either! :)

:scared1: I can't imagine having that much pain! Good luck with the surgery.

Favorite character: Hmmm . . . that's a tough one.

Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter