September 2022 DisneyFit Exercise Challenge

Congrats to PollyannaMom and the TEAM for reaching Off to the Races Orange!

And perfect timing, too, because I just read a breaking news article from a Disney blogger that states that runDisney events will be returning to Disneyland in 2024! @sophy1996, your wish has been granted!!! :tink: It will soon be even easier for some Disneyland visitors to add to their active minute totals!

1662921603680.png

25-minute walk

260/900

We’ve done a few Run Disney races. One Wine & Dine 10k through DHS and Epcot in about 2007, I think. And a couple of Star Wars weekends at DLR in 2016 and 2017. In 2016 DH and I both did the 10k, and then in 2017 I did the 5k and 10k, and DH did the 10k and the half marathon. Those races were really fun; it’s too bad that RD doesn’t do anything at DLR anymore.

Here’s how DH ran the 10k in 2016:

View attachment 700789

And here are our medals:

View attachment 700788
Thanks for sharing these photos! I love them!!!!! Great run day outfit! And you two have a lot of medals!!!

25 minutes. I got sick, thought I was over, then got my Covid Booster. Y'all, don't get that shot if you're getting over something. Wait until you're healthy. Sigh. But hey, I'll be fully protected for my trip home at the end of the month!!!

Raya 95/500
I was fine when I got the booster and it still knocked me sideways, strongest reaction I'd had to any of them.

+30 minutes for yesterday

255/600 42%

I'm actually headed in to the office tomorrow, which will give me 15 minutes walks in between the bus stop and the office in the morning and again in the afternoon: that plus my yoga minutes will put me just above 50% half way thru the month. So phew, still on track.

About Run Disney - I started running back in 2000 because of the Disney Marathon. My mom was a distance runner who wanted to run the marathon for her 40th. I ended up running as her partner. My training was pretty awful, but in the end we finished the 1/2. That sense of accomplishment was amazing. I was hooked. Unfortunately, running didn't work great for me and I ended up with a series of injuries, PT, and basically not having fun. I was still dealing with PF in both feet when I went for my next Disney 1/2 in 2004. I finished but it was a mess.

My training was on point for Tower of Terror 10 miler in 2012, but race day conditions were awful. Extreme heat and wind made it an experience I'd rather forget. It's why I switched to virtual runs. I've done a few nice long geeky runs (50 miles for 50 years of Dr. Who that sort of thing). My Disney Virtual were the Star Wars half and the Haunted Mansion 5K.
PXL_20220914_115611125.jpg
Honestly the Disney runs are all about the bling for me.

43 minutes on the treadmill this morning. The new PT says my stride is wrong, and the new stride he suggests feels funky. Sigh. But got it done, and that's what matters.

Raya 138/500 - 27%

Last edited:
That walk in the park on Friday turned out to be a mistake. My allergies activated and made me feel sick again for the weekend. Whoops. +20 minutes from Monday and +30 from Tuesday. I'm really struggling to get back into the swing of things! 😭

160/700

Popping back in to add 40 minutes today from a walk outside. I made sure to take my allergy pill this time, so hopefully I don't end up feeling sick again! 🤞

200/700

Also, that article about the pools on the Wish really made me so envious! I'd love to relax poolside with an order of nachos and a fancy lemonade. When was the last time I experienced such leisure and luxury?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter