September 2023 W.I.S.H. šŸ‚Fabulous Fall šŸ

Starting the day at EPCOT then have MNSSHP this evening, so of course thunderstorms are forecast for today. Yesterday it got up to ā€œfeels like 101ā€ so this gal spent the afternoon and evening chilling in the room. Fortunately the book I brought with me is excellent.

Iā€™m satisfied and ready to go homeā€¦ and to get into fall, and do all the fall things.

Starting the day at EPCOT then have MNSSHP this evening, so of course thunderstorms are forecast for today. Yesterday it got up to ā€œfeels like 101ā€ so this gal spent the afternoon and evening chilling in the room. Fortunately the book I brought with me is excellent.

Iā€™m satisfied and ready to go homeā€¦ and to get into fall, and do all the fall things.

Sounds like you've had a great trip!

We don't have much planned for this weekend - I think we're going to a movie tonight or tomorrow. DH picked one out that I've never heard of and it's 2 hours and 45 minutes! If it's not good, at least the seats are comfortable and I can take a nap!

I'm hoping tomorrow I will be motivated to work in the spare bedroom in the basement. The bed is piled high with things I need to find a place for and/or donate somewhere. It's mostly donation items from DSs room - things he doesn't wear or use anymore, but it's been sitting there for a couple of months now. I honestly never go down there so it hasn't been a top priority, but I know it's there and needs to be dealt with lol, so I'm hoping tomorrow is the day!

TGIF!!!!!

Itā€™s been another wild week in kindergarten. We are 9 days in. I keep getting new students one of which hasnā€™t started because the parents havenā€™t provided a copy of his physical; one student has already moved; and another has been transferred to bilingual kindergarten. Itā€™s a hot mess. As of right now, I canā€™t tell you how many students are registered in my class.

We had a mandatory fire drill today. It was so hard for me to breathe, and I eventually needed to use my inhaler due to the unhealthy air quality. We had another early dismissal due to the extreme heat, but I stayed to get paperwork done. My to-do list is huge, but I am done for the day.

Iā€™m getting my hair highlighted and cut, so my hair will look more professional on Monday. Hopefully it cools off because I wonā€™t have hair long enough for a bun on top of my head.

I have a lot of cleaning to do this weekend. We are doing some kitchen renovations over the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Last edited:

Week one of school down...even though it was only 3.4 days due to early dismissal yesterday. DD has decided that 5ish is now the time she will get up. While that is sssooo early it has made DS11 be up well ahead of his alarm and ready for school in plenty of time. So kind of ok? If she could start waking everyone up at 545/6 that would be perfect.
DD starts dance class this weekend, hopefully she cooperates. The boys had karate tonight. Hoping to plant some greens for the early fall before it gets cold. Sunday will be football time.
I have Monday off so hoping to make some soup to feed my freezer so I am good for lunches at work....thinking chicken parm and BBQ chicken soup...hopefully.
DH has the cold I started the week with. He is seriously snoring so wish me luck tonight!

Starting the day at AK and will end with one last Skyliner trip to EPCOT this evening. Itā€™s been a great trip and I am ready to go, even tho my pick up time tomorrow morning is 3:30am! Itā€™ll be worth it because itā€™ll put me in Seattle at 10am and Iā€™ll shop my way home, first swinging by the mall to return somethingā€™s and hopefully find a couple tops to wear during my business trip week after next. Then Iā€™m going the get groceries in the fancy store in my old neighborhood and catch the ferry from there as well.

Then itā€™s kitty cuddle time.

21977C66-1121-4B3D-BDFE-8B3B4B80D7F0.jpeg

Happy Self care Sunday!!!

Any plans for today? Resting, taking it easy, enjoying today before the new week begins šŸ§˜ā€ā™€ļø..?

I have a full day but I have a walk planned in the morning so that will be good!

Both of my family members made it through their surgeries and are at home resting and feeling good, I am so thankful!

I babysat this morning while we juggled the logistics of hospital releases and everything that comes with that, but it all went well. Unfortunately my nephew is showing no improvement in his health. I have babysat him twice this week and I donā€™t see any type of improvement and if I am being honest he was worse today than earlier in the week. He does have a diagnosis, which is a secondary condition caused by a simple virus. Text book answer is that this can last 4 weeks and we are on week 3. His testing and monitoring continues with his doctor, but the longer this goes on the more difficult it becomes to watch šŸ’”

I spent the afternoon making soups for the 2 surgery patients and this evening I delivered the soups, flowers and a quick visit to both family members (in separate houses, thankfully!). How 2 family members got surgery scheduled back to back is crazy-but thatā€™s how these things go!! Hoping tonight brings good rest for both of them now that they are home in their own beds.

Tomorrow we are going to 930 church service and I have coffee/snack bar duty for 11am service-itā€™s my first time and I am nervous but hoping it goes well.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

I'm hoping tomorrow I will be motivated to work in the spare bedroom in the basement. The bed is piled high with things I need to find a place for and/or donate somewhere. It's mostly donation items from DSs room - things he doesn't wear or use anymore, but it's been sitting there for a couple of months now. I honestly never go down there so it hasn't been a top priority, but I know it's there and needs to be dealt with lol, so I'm hoping tomorrow is the day!

Quoting myself - I didn't end up working in the spare bedroom downstairs, but I did get some organizing / de-stashing done this weekend. I tend to stock up on things when they are on good sales and I was getting too much stuff, so time to make a donation - I went through everything and have everything ready to take next weekend to church. It's mostly toiletries and everything we take will get donated to the local food pantry. So that's one task done.

Today, our oldest DD came home for lunch and stayed the entire day doing her laundry. Her apartment doesn't have a washer/dryer so she usually does it at a friends but she brought it with her and spent the day with us, so it was a super fun day! We ate lunch at my moms and then DD and my niece played tennis for a bit and then headed home for the afternoon/evening. She stayed for dinner and then we headed into town to get a small treat at our local dairy bar.

So, super fun day all the way around!

This past weekend was full of high school football/marching band, soccer, a band festival (of 11 different marching bands) and then Sunday football. It was a busy crazy weekend. Between me going all over for soccer and band and DD working all weekend, I went at least 48 hours or mare without seeing her. We were just never home at the same time and she would be in bed by the time I got home. I did have a lot of friend time though which was nice. Nick has been friends with 2 other boys since they were like 5. They played sports together but we all met when the boys did karate and us parents became friends. Now our boys are in band and soccer together. We usually drive to the away games together.

Whoa... in the time I've been gone the kiddos have gone back to school and the Halloween candy is out at the grocery store, what a dramatic change. The cool fall air feels mighty fine this morning and I'm in a pumpkin mood for sure.

My motivation this week is to get back on track eating wise and to see the weight I put on while on vacation go away again. Other than that I'm ready to do a complete reset on the house, starting to get ready to host Thanksgiving... yes, already. Just can't help myself.

Heard DS2 sing Friday night. So wonderful!!! My parents were so happy to be there. They then had a miserable night in the hotel. Apparently their AC wasn't working. They called Saturday morning at 8:30 and said they were getting dressed and about to head to the lobby! Super early for my parents. So we threw on clothes and grabbed them and went out for breakfast. Made it home just in time to donate to the high school music kids who were canvasing the neighborhood. So glad we arrived when we did. Then we drove by a couple retirement facilities before driving them home. We want them to consider moving here because traveling 2 hours to see them will get very old very fast as their health declines.

We spent the rest of the day doing chores at their place. I mostly battled blackberries. I won, but to look at my arms you wouldn't think so! Sunday we came home and I was a sloth.

At one point today I was good and asked myself which I wanted more: that piece of chocolate or to be healthy. I chewed some gum. Alas, later I shoved that chocolate in my mouth! Try it again tomorrow!

TUESDAY TOPIC: Widdershins!

All day I contemplated a topic for this week, then in the evening while I was working on my household reshuffling it finally came to me: how to hit the reset button. The very first article I pulled up to research from had this wonderful word in it, one that I had never heard before: widdershins. It roughly means to "go in a direction opposite to the usual". Have you ever noticed that you repeatedly do things in the same way, like always taking the same route to the grocery store? And have you ever noticed that it can be brain-tingling to mix it up and take a different route?

When things aren't working for you the tiniest change, like taking a different route, can be magical. Here is a list of simple things you can do for a quick reset, some might be a simple break and some might be widdershins:

1. take a shower
2. go outside
3. walk backwards
4. take a nap

5. sing out loud, hum or chant
6. take ten long deep breaths

Are there reset techniques that you use on a regular basis that work well for you? Is there something on the list that you are interested in trying? What is one widdershins thing you can do today?

1694488657739.png

I've used most of the things on the list except for walking backwards, which I've read has all kinds of magical benefits so that is going to be my widdershins for today. Other things I do are moving furniture around, and going down to the beach to be around water and to be able to gaze at the horizon. A big part of the joy of my trip was doing different things and doing things differently, instead of falling into the same-old-same-old routine while I'm there.

I got quite a bit of my household reset completed yesterday, and should be able to get the rest done today. Next up will be to do another deep pruning on the bush outside the dining room window, which I'm using as the living room. I've got the sofa set so I'm looking out the window when sitting on it, and I want to get the bush low enough so I can see the sunsets... right now its 12 or so feet tall so it is going to be a serious whacking away at it.

Ahhhh Tuesday-we made it though Monday!!!
Great topic @Oneanne!!!

Going outside is #1 for me-preferably in my bare feet with the sun shining. I saw on tik tock that is a negative/positive charge that resets youā€¦not sure if thatā€™s true but it works for me!

I love a good weekend nap but thatā€™s usually for sleep catch up but thinking another it my mind is reset when I wake up so it must work!

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

I catch myself doing the deep breathing - I tend to just do one big breath, but it does seem to say - time to stop for a second and refocus on whatever is going on around me.

@PAsFab5 - it's interesting that you mentioned going outside in your bare feet. My middle DD just moved - she's been renting an apartment for the last 2 years. She just moved into a house and one of the reasons that she wanted to move was so she could walk outside in the grass! I guess maybe that's one way of her reset as well!

@Oneanne - I also love your idea of moving your furniture around. I feel like in our house there's just the way we have things setup, but I think I need to focus on that a bit and see what other arrangements I could come up with. We definitely move it around when I decorate for Christmas, so I guess that goes to show that there are other possibilities!

Woohoo... I made myself a crock pot of beef stew yesterday. It turned out OK but a little bland. I was trying to half the recipe because my pot is very small, and didn't get the spices and flavorings quite right. As I reheat servings I think I'll add some things back in.

Woohoo... part of my household reset has been to move the bed back in to the bedroom and man have I slept well the past two nights. Last night I got a 89 sleep score 90 is excellent... so close.

Woohoo... the second batch of dahlias I started from seed is producing flowers. Most are singles and pretty basic but a couple have really interesting coloring and there's one that has a big ruffly center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter