September 2023 W.I.S.H. šŸ‚Fabulous Fall šŸ

Today has not been a great day. I woke up sick to my stomach, Nick lost his keys at school and we had some sewer issues. I am going to woohoo that the city just left and they were able to snake out the drain and for now we are good. Just don't know how long that will last. But for now we are good.

I will also woohoo that Nick finally made varsity yesterday for soccer. Super proud of him for not giving up when he didn't make it at the beginning of the year. He wanted to quit but he didn't. I told him just go have fun this year and that is what he has done and it has paid off.

WooHoo that I got our annual budget meeting out of the way today. I don't know why I dread it because our company definitely isn't one to live and die by our budget, but I just really dislike it.

Also woohoo that I went to lunch with my mom today. She texted and asked me if I was free to go. I had packed my lunch to eat at work today, but told her I'd go. I'm really glad that I did because she was not having a good day (just kind of down in the dumps) and if I hadn't been able to go, I know she would have been disappointed again today. Not that I did much, but just gave her someone to eat lunch with, so it was something.

Finally, woohoo to the beautiful day that we're having. It is so nice out! I wish I could work outside!

Whooooohooooo I got a Sams club and a Walmart pickup done on my lunch break!!

Whoohoooo the scale was down 1.4 lbs today so that was a big loss for me! Also will be closing all my watch rings AND getting in 10k steps today which is great for me for a workday. Closing my rings I am pretty good at-10k steps during the week-not so much.

Whoooohoooo my Womens Bible study starts again tomorrow night after a long break, so excited to see everyone again and catch up!

When I get off at 5 I am going to start making a fruit cookie to take to Bible study tomorrow, have not had one of those in years so excited for a nice treat tomorrow!!

Today, I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday! We don't have anything really planned for the weekend, but it's been a tiring week, so I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday!

I'm also thankful for my steady job that I have / get to come to each day. Some days I don't feel like it, but it's a great job that has helped to provide well for my family. DH also works at the same place I do and most days I'm thankful for that too!

Thankful to have the time and positive energy to get back on this thread - it's been a rough week around here.

Thankful for a sunny...but not too hot! day. šŸ˜Ž

Thankful for my MIL checking in on me, and for DH "talking me down" when I get stressed.

I am thankful for great friends. In the fall I get to hang out with 2 of them a lot since all our boys are in band and soccer together. We all help to get our kids to where they need to be. Since Nick hasn't been able to drive (he lost his keys on Wednesday. We are getting a new set today), one of them picked up Nick and our other friends sone (Nick was supposed to drive him) to get them to the field for their game on Wednesday.

This has been a busy but productive work week and so far things are going well. Next week I have to travel down to S Cal to the facility where our project is going live, big exciting stuff and its been a long time since we've done this type of thing. Before vacation I had been approached about taking on new work that wasn't very attractive, but yesterday I found out that isn't going to have to happen so yah for that.

This has been a horrible eating week, I've been living on carbs and not able to settle back in to my fasting window. Part of this is due to the time change... I was first eating around 11am while at WDW, but that's 8am back home so my body has been asking for food early in the day. I'm really going to try today, but already at 7:30am my tummy is grumbling. I want a late eating window next week, so I can have lunch and dinner... if I can't get there today I'll have to suck it up over the weekend.

Going to see a movie tonight, "The Miracle Club" about a bunch of old women, my people. It's upstairs in the fancy room so that' be nice. Other than that over the weekend it'll be getting ready to be gone again.

I don't have many plans for the weekend. There don't seem to be any movies I'm really wanting to see playing around here. The Miracle Club sounds so nice. I'm not sure if it ever played here or not. I find that we don't get every movie all the time, but I see it was released over the summer, so it's possible it was here then.

One of my goals was 5,000 steps every day. I've done so so on it. If I don't go on an evening walk through the neighborhood, I only get about 2,300 or so steps each day - terrible!! So, I've tried being aware of that and walking around more throughout the day (although that can be hard in my office since there's not really anywhere to walk lol). But, I have been taking a few trips each day to the paper room. It at least stretches my legs and gets in a few more steps.

As far as the evening walks - I've done them 5 days since I started tracking them on the 6th. So 5 out of the 9 days.

Ohhhh steps. I just wear a pedometer and have for years and years. Yesterday was a long day at work, home for an hour, then back for a meeting. On my way home from the meeting, I saw a girlfriend out walking her dog. So I pulled the car over and joined her. (Yes, I know I walk to work, but for this meeting I wanted to clear some junk out of a space so moved it all to the car for a goodwill run). Had a lovely walk with my friend and a quiet short evening. Right before bed I usually look at my step count, and yesterday I was excited because I would have a lot more than normal. Dead battery!! I know it's no big deal, but I was so sad to have lost those steps!!! We did have an extra battery so today's steps counted!

No plans for this weekend. It's going to be warm so probably won't do much.

Ohhhh steps. I just wear a pedometer and have for years and years. Yesterday was a long day at work, home for an hour, then back for a meeting. On my way home from the meeting, I saw a girlfriend out walking her dog. So I pulled the car over and joined her. (Yes, I know I walk to work, but for this meeting I wanted to clear some junk out of a space so moved it all to the car for a goodwill run). Had a lovely walk with my friend and a quiet short evening. Right before bed I usually look at my step count, and yesterday I was excited because I would have a lot more than normal. Dead battery!! I know it's no big deal, but I was so sad to have lost those steps!!! We did have an extra battery so today's steps counted!

No plans for this weekend. It's going to be warm so probably won't do much.
Totally understand!

SOCIAL SATURDAY

How about chatting about movies.

Do you have a favorite movie from childhood and/or one from adulthood? A favorite genre? Any movies that made a big impact on you? Any favorite actors or actresses? Any films coming out soon that you are really looking forward to?

1694852809447.png

SOCIAL SATURDAY

How about chatting about movies.

Do you have a favorite movie from childhood and/or one from adulthood? A favorite genre? Any movies that made a big impact on you? Any favorite actors or actresses? Any films coming out soon that you are really looking forward to?

View attachment 794331
Ooh, excellent questions! I have some ideas, but not enough coffee to put them into words yet šŸ˜† - Will try to remember to come back later.

Growing up there was a local tv station that played old movies Saturday afternoons and from it I was fed a steady diet of the Joan Crawford and Betty Davis movies where single career women were miserable failures because they didnā€™t have husbands. This was a lot of conditioning to unpack as I myself became a singe career women.

Wizard of Oz was shown on tv every Halloween and it really creeped me out, particularly the flying monkeys. I canā€™t think of any movies I loved as a kid.

As an adult I love movies that transport you to different times and places, in particular historical stories. Barbie is by far my favorite movie seen recently. For actors and actresses, I adore Tom Hanks.

Happy Saturday Everyone!

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here so making the most of it!

Yesterday my niece and I spent so much time outside-at our house, at the park, took a walk with the dogs, just a great day with her. I was researching possible toddler story times we can attend in the winter because I know soon it will be too cold to be outsideā€¦I didnā€™t find anything but hoping something will be posted later fall.

I walked at the spca today, which again the weather was lovely. Gosh we have some amazing dogs right now. I mean, I love dogs in general but we have so many kind, loving and sweet pups right now itā€™s a blessing to spend time with them.

I went to a baseball game with my oldest son and his wife later in the afternoon today which was nice, I have not watched a baseball game in years!!!

DHs bday is tomorrow-we are having homemade Chinese food and chocolate chip cookies. Made the cookies tonight and stared drying 10 cups of cooked rice! This will be the most fried rice I have ever made so fingers crossed it goes well.

Mid month check in-things are going well-last week was really good so going to try and do as well this week.

Movies-ok @Oneanne I also have Wizard of Oz trauma LOL! Itā€™s the only movie I can remember being absolutely terrified of as a child!!

Movies I loved as a kid: Home Alone, The Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Snow White

As a adult we have watched some mid 2000s comedyā€™s that we loved and tend to re-watch when they come on but we donā€™t watch a lot of movies outside of reruns when they are on tv.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter