September 30, 2012 - "To San Francisco and Beyond"

Fun! We're headed to Alaska on the Wonder next week. Will have to book something else while onboard. So many choices though!!

Alaska ... awesome. It's still on our someday list!

You can come with us and help celebrate our 20th Anniversary.

I also like the look of the sailing out of San Juan, Puerto Rico, later in September but I want to be aboard for our anniversary. Barbados has been on my list since I was in middle school. It was the setting for the start of one of my favorite books :sail:

Alaska ... awesome. It's still on our someday list!

You can come with us and help celebrate our 20th Anniversary.

I also like the look of the sailing out of San Juan, Puerto Rico, later in September but I want to be aboard for our anniversary. Barbados has been on my list since I was in middle school. It was the setting for the start of one of my favorite books :sail:

I'd love to see San Juan! Both good possibilities ;)

How did you like Alaska? Did you book a new cruise?

Alaska was great, so beautiful! We did book a 4-night to the Bahamas in dec 2014 but we're not necessarily committed to keeping that date yet. With our DD possibly starting college/university next September we'll have to see what happens.

Alaska was great, so beautiful! We did book a 4-night to the Bahamas in dec 2014 but we're not necessarily committed to keeping that date yet. With our DD possibly starting college/university next September we'll have to see what happens.

So was Alaska parkas and boots or shorts and t-shirts? Did you do any excursions?

College... I'm so glad that's a few years away for us. Sabrina is turning 13 in September.

So was Alaska parkas and boots or shorts and t-shirts? Did you do any excursions?

College... I'm so glad that's a few years away for us. Sabrina is turning 13 in September.

We wore pants and t-shirts with a jacket usually required when outside. Early morning/evening walks outside required an additional layer and hat were needed as the wind got quite cold. Otherwise it was quite nice with temps around 65 degrees most of the time. We only had misty rain for a little while while in Ketchikan and the other days were overcast. This apparently is very normal for them.

We wore pants and t-shirts with a jacket usually required when outside. Early morning/evening walks outside required an additional layer and hat were needed as the wind got quite cold. Otherwise it was quite nice with temps around 65 degrees most of the time. We only had misty rain for a little while while in Ketchikan and the other days were overcast. This apparently is very normal for them.

I don't know when I'll talk Chuck into Alaska... he want's warm beaches when we cruise :beach:

I don't know when I'll talk Chuck into Alaska... he want's warm beaches when we cruise :beach:

I agree in some ways but it is just so beautiful and offers a different variety of things to see and do. Maybe one day, just once and then back to hitting the beaches ;)

So is your DD :hippie: heading to college next months?

Are you sticking with your Dec 2014 4-Night Bahamas?

So is your DD :hippie: heading to college next months? Are you sticking with your Dec 2014 4-Night Bahamas?
Nope, still saving up so we switched to the May 4-8th sailing (of same itinerary) so she can celebrate her birthday on board. We'll also be spending a week in WDW before the cruise! Very excited!!

Don't you have an anniversary cruise coming up soon?

Nope, still saving up so we switched to the May 4-8th sailing (of same itinerary) so she can celebrate her birthday on board. We'll also be spending a week in WDW before the cruise! Very excited!!

Don't you have an anniversary cruise coming up soon?

Birthday Cruise... always perfect!

Yes, We board Fantasy on Aug 30 on the Western route that includes Jamaica 9/3, the day of our 20th. We're so comfortable on Magic/Wonder now...I hope we like their big sister :rotfl:

Birthday Cruise... always perfect! Yes, We board Fantasy on Aug 30 on the Western route that includes Jamaica 9/3, the day of our 20th. We're so comfortable on Magic/Wonder now...I hope we like their big sister :rotfl:

Happy early anniversary! I agree the bigger ships will probably take a little getting used to. Natasha and I were just on the RC Oasis of the Seas. Although it is the largest ship we were able to navigate it quite easily. I'm hoping the same might be true for the Disney big sisters! We stopped in Jamaica ourselves. We took the tour to Mystic Mountain and had a blast on the Jamaican bobsled. We also went to Dunn River falls. While they are unique it is so crowded. The tour group we were with pulled us through really quick as well so I really didn't feel it was worthwhile. I hope you enjoy your day there, the port area is very well organized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter