September 30th, 2004 Wonder

Ok, I'm gonna scream!!! The 11am track puts us back in the path. The storm is now moving WEST at 9mph. We need this thing to move NORTH quick, so that it stays east of Fl!!! Still showing Melbourne as where it is to touch land, but the rest of the track has shifted a little west towards us, putting us in the hurricane force winds. Now the weatherman is saying it could still shift a LITTLE to the right or the left of the proposed track. Still no plywood, but I'm gonna go check to see if I can buy more batteries. My SIL called and asked me to overnight her money to buy supplies. They live in Daytona Beach. Please send pixie dust and prayers our way again!

Oh MAN, Michelle! I just don't BELIEVE it - I really don't. It's like the stupid things get ready to go out to sea and then they suddenly say "oh, but wait! We haven't CLOBBERED Florida yet!"

I will be praying all weekend.

So far the Disney Cruise Line website is saying that Thursday's arrivals for ships will be at Port Canaveral - so it looks like we'll sail out of there still....I am worried about flying in!

23 hours until we leave and drive right into the rain.(unless Jeanne decides to turn more north)

i sure would hate to see it hit the east coast of Florida again.....you guys have had enough.

Well Janine and my brother and their kids are on the road now.

I hope they have a safe trip. We will see them on Sunday in South Carolina though. I'm sure it's going to start raining there by then.

Well we will see you guys and gals in about six more days.

Good Luck to everyone driving and flying into Florida and also to the ones who live there.

Becky:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:

The hurricane anxiety is setting in. I'm paying attention to the weather. 11pm track has the eye brushing against our county. We were told to expect hurricane force winds. I hope not. They say the most damage is done to the northeast of the hurricane. We should be to the west, but the hurricane winds extend out 75 miles. We need PC to be on the west of it. Let's move the track way northeast. Ok...on the count of 3 blow...1,2,3....it's not working. Hopefully when I wake up I'll see a dramatic change in the track for the better. They still are saying that we'll get it Sat night, all day Sunday and stopping Monday, then back to normal. Weather still looking good for Tues, Wed, and Thurs.

Hope the weather cooperates in South Carolina for you!

See ya Thursday!

OH Michelle! I just got up and poured some coffee and did what I've gotten used to doing ever since I planned this cruise...turned on the weather channel....and you're right, it's just not looking good at all :(

Now they are even saying that LISA might yet pose a threat to the U.S....

I really hope we make it...and my prayers and thoughts are with you - please keep posting so we know you're okay....

They're telling us we can expect sustained winds around 85mph with gusts higher. Anywhere from 2 to 10 inches of rain, depending on how close the eye gets to us. Of course DH is working, unless they let them out early. For Charlie, they let him go home 2 hours before impact. Looks like we'll be spending much of the night in the closet. They still keep saying there is a wide margin of error in the track, so I guess we won't know for sure where it's going 'til hours before it gets here. Already the Miami and Melbourne radars are showing the outer bands. Next update is in a few minutes. They started voluntary evacuations in the next county over, goes to mandatory at 5pm. Our neighborhood only has one entrance/exit. It is over a small bridge joining a canal to a lake. Flooding could pose a problem if we get tons of rain. I still can't believe that this could be the 3rd time in a summer that they eye went through our county.

:umbrella:

Tink, my thoughts and prayers are with you......

My mom has friends outside of Orlando whose trailer barely made it though the last H-word and my co-worker has a sister in Port St. Lucie.

OK on to some really good news.....

:jumping1:
It's as you thought Kalypso...Those pixies are really working their tails off. I had sent an e-mail to DCL over a week ago. I thought they were ignoring it, but today I got an e-mail from Jennifer at DCL saying that inventory control has moved us to a cabin rated for 4. Needless to say my nephew will be with us on the cruise.

I checked our cruise info on the DCL website and they have already changed our stateroom info.

(we're still on deck 7....room number is now 7043.)

:wizard:
I will now throw my allotted supply of pixie dust towards those travelling/living in FL/US East Coast and to everyone else for a safe weekend. If I don't get a chance to write again. See you guys on Thursday.

yes still at work...........................

He was one in June...... (makes him almost 16 mths)

Didn't you say earlier that you had baby along too?

Guess we can hang out by the kiddie pool together....

yes, mine just turned 5 months old.
The eye is going to pass through our county around 8am tomorrow. We are already getting wind gusts and rain. Will get hurricane force winds by midnight. I'll be happy when it's Monday!!!!! Hopefully it will die down. I'm really worried.

Hi gals! Just gonna keep checkin' in to make sure we're all still on schedule! Goofy - GREAT news on the pixie dust working!! Glad you've got the room :)

I'm still thinking that we're going to end up on a "cruise to nowhere"...:(

Man, I was so excited that we might get to CC :(
probably not likely...

Michelle - hope all is okay with you!!! WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT TO THAT DRINK, I SWEAR!!:jester:

If we lose power, Gov Busch said it will take weeks to fix. Maybe the cruise will be the only way to get some AC!

Michelle - please keep in touch - I hope you're going to be okay through all of this - I know the worst of it must be hitting now:( I swear...I don't care WHERE we go, as long as well all GET there...

We're okay!!! It was scarry, but we kept electricity. (We have underground wires.) Our friends do not. It is windy, but the sun is shining. We had at least 1 tree uprooted. DH is checking the damage right now. I definately need a vacation!!!

Hey guys!!! We're in South Carolina. Didn't think I'd get to write to you but we found a library!!! It's yucky here, rainy and windy but not unbearable. What the heck is going on with the cruise??? Are we going to the bahamas? What about Castaway Cay??? I'm going to call DCL tonight and see if I can find out anything. Princess and her family made it here safely. I'll try and post again in the morning before we leave for St. Augustine. See you guys soon! Janine :crazy:

We're back to winds and rain...but not as bad. Lights are flickering occasionally. We had a tree get uprooted and an antena break off the car, but that looks like all the damage!! Schools are closed Monday. Looks like DS will have a very short week this week. Lots of days to make up---10. He'll be going all summer.

News just announced some ports re-opened, but they didn't say which??

This is the only update I could find. Not for our cruise, but the one before us.

Disney Wonder Four-Night Cruise, September 26, 2004
This cruise is being delayed by one day and will depart from Ft. Lauderdale's Port Everglades at 8:00 pm on Monday, September 27, on a three-night voyage rather than a four-night cruise. The cruise is still anticipated to sail to the Bahamas. However, depending on the path and impact of Hurricane Jeanne, it may be necessary to eliminate our calls to Castaway Cay and to Nassau. In this event, we will explore the potential to visit other ports or to have days at sea.

We realize that guests who have reservations for this cruise were looking forward to a four-night itinerary, and we are offering discount incentives to those who still choose to sail on this cruise.

Guests who booked air travel on their own should change only the inbound flight to Florida. Do not reschedule return flights as we expect no complications related to our return to Port Canaveral on Thursday. Ground transportation will be provided to Fort Lauderdale from various Walt Disney World Resorts throughout the afternoon, from Port Canaveral departing throughout the day until 2:00 pm, the Orlando International Airport throughout the day until 4:00 pm and the Miami International and Ft. Lauderdale Airports throughout the day until 4:00 pm. In addition, transportation will be provided back to Fort Lauderdale from Port Canaveral at the end of the cruise if your car is in Fort Lauderdale. Special incentives will be offered to those who choose to sail on this cruise.

Hey Michelle - Yeah, Disney hasn't updated the site since Friday, I think - I'll be interested to see if Janine talked to DCL - I was going to call them, but I just figure they probably have their hands full dealing with the folks leaving tomorrow.

I'm glad to see you posting and know you're safe :)

Can't wait to get to the cruise - WHEREVER it goes:bounce: !

Hi all...well...I guess there's no doubt that we're going to sail...MCO reopens at noon today from what I hear...we shall see what happens as far as WHERE we all go:confused:

If any of us hear anything...please post!
Michelle - how's by you? Everything okay??

Bridget

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter