September 4th, 2022 -7-Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Dover (Alesund, Nordfjordeid, Eidfjord, Stavanger)

Booking my train rides today. We are doing DCL excursions in most ports to keep it simple (but a bit more expensive). I get to pick airline meals early next week for our flight out - now THAT's planning excitement! 😆

No, it's tomorrow :-) Depends on where you are but you can access it at midnight tonight on the East Coast, 5 a.m. in the UK and so on.
Yep. The countdown timer on the app works as the official time.

I have a friend on this cruise, and so, I have been reading the thread and my friend says check in is 15 days before, not 30. Is she mixing up the Covid requirements with checking in?

I have a friend on this cruise, and so, I have been reading the thread and my friend says check in is 15 days before, not 30. Is she mixing up the Covid requirements with checking in?
Yes she is. 15 days is the safe passage app for covid info. Check in starts tonight (4 Aug) at 1 am EST.

Last edited:
Hello. My wife and I booked this cruise last week. It's an odd feeling to book a sailing and check in just a few days later! If anyone is still looking for excursions, we managed to book several directly with the vendor, including some that are sold out on DCL.

I've never used any of these companies so I can't vouch for them but in a couple of cases they appear to be the vendors that DCL is using.

Aalesund Art Nouveau Kayaking
Nordfjordeid Excursions
Eidfjord - Seaplane "Flightseeing"
Stavenger - Private Tour Guide
Stavenger - Pulpit Rock Hike Information
Stavenger - Lysefjord Cruise

My friends (4 of them) have done the check in, I passed along the thread. Has anyone here been to Norway in September? One friend in particular is concerned about cloudy weather.

DH and I were to be on the TA, but health issues caused us to cancel that. I suppose I am living vicariously through my friends and this thread! You are lucky!

I've been to the Oslo area a few times at various times of the year but never the West Coast. I expect the weather on the coast to be variable in September. 🤞we should get some nice days.

Hello. My wife and I booked this cruise last week. It's an odd feeling to book a sailing and check in just a few days later! If anyone is still looking for excursions, we managed to book several directly with the vendor, including some that are sold out on DCL.

I've never used any of these companies so I can't vouch for them but in a couple of cases they appear to be the vendors that DCL is using.

Aalesund Art Nouveau Kayaking
Nordfjordeid Excursions
Eidfjord - Seaplane "Flightseeing"
Stavenger - Private Tour Guide
Stavenger - Pulpit Rock Hike Information
Stavenger - Lysefjord Cruise
Thank you for this. We booked this cruise just two weeks ago. The guaranteed inside rate was just too good to pass up! This will be my first Disney cruise without my daughter, so I hope I will still love it just as much as I did before.

Thank you for this. We booked this cruise just two weeks ago. The guaranteed inside rate was just too good to pass up! This will be my first Disney cruise without my daughter, so I hope I will still love it just as much as I did before.
Most of those vendors have 48 hour cancellation policies so we'll be keeping an eye on the weather and adjusting as needed.

We're on the same boat (ha!) with the inside stateroom rates. It will also be our first cruise without our son and in an inside room. But that rate effectively paid for all of our excursions and then some so it felt like a no-brainer. I'll check to see about an upgrade at port but I think it will have to be a heck of a deal for me to take them up on it.

Hi everyone ! Getting closer! Myself and husband will be coming on board with our three year old daughter. Excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter