Sequoia Lodge renovation

Bonnie

DIS Veteran
Got a letter from Thomson this morning telling me that the renovation works on Sequoia Lodge won't cause them to alter their plans or change our booking. Phew, I think! We really want to stay at Sequoia Lodge so I was a bit nervous when someone said someone they knew was upgraded to Newport Bay Club or offered a discount. Hmm, wouldn't say "no" to the discount though!

It says:

Thank you for booking your forthcoming holiday to the Sequoia Lodge with Thomson Disneyland Resort Paris. We would like to inform you of some important information in relation to your stay.

Some of the hotels at Disneyland Resort Paris are undergoing cosmetic enhancements to improve their external appearances.

The Sequoia Lodge is currently in the process of repainting the facade of the main building which overlooks the lake. Work is taking place Monday-Friday between 9am-6pm.

Please be assured that we will not in any way be altering plans and that our normal booking conditions apply.

I trust that you find this information to your satisfaction and wish you an enjoyable stay at Disneyland Resort Paris.

9am-6pm probably won't affect us much but I am a bit bothered about having scaffolding as my view! Hmm. Maybe we'll be in the lodges outside anyway. :)

SIX DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR LONDON!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Which means this time next week, we will be disembarking the Eurostar at DLRP. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hi Bonnie,

My sister is going to DLP on June 13 for 5 days. She had booked to stay at SL but got a call last week from someone saying that there were renovations taking place and that it would affect her stay :confused3 . She was offered a discount or an upgrade to NPBC with a lakeview. She chose the latter. Just thought I would let you know

Maybe different tour operators are doing different things??
When we stayed at SL Bonnie it would not have affected my stay at all to have had scaffolding outside. Apart from when we actually got to the room initially I don't think we even looked out of the window again !

Bonnie, My sister booked a lakeview room directly through DLP so maybe that is why :confused3

Hi Bonnie,
Just got back lunchtime from SL. Actually we landed last night and stayed overnight In Manchester airport hotel.DW did not want to drive home so late.
We had a Montana Romm with Lake view and were not affected.
The part of the hotel that is affected is the side facing the lake on the main building. The scaffolding runs for 3/4 the length of that side starting at th north wing end (the end nearest HNY and stops not far short of the south wing end).
You have to have a lake view room to be affected.Apparently if you have a lakeview room and are affected you are only charge as for a standard room.

And yes we had a lvely time thank you!

Berwyn

Wow Berwyn - those days really whizzed past!! Hope it was wonderful and that you are at this very moment writing a lengthy trip report!!!!! ;)

It just flew Diana !! I was a good boy and made notes (usually after breakfast whole Dw went back for a lie down to build up the energy for the day) Or that's her excuse :rotfl2: .

it seemed like we had ages when driving to the airport hotel last Sat. and all of asudden it's time to pack and come home> :sad2:

Berwyn

Welcome back Berwyn :)
I hope you had a most brilliant time!

It was great thanks.
It all went so quickly though.
Me and Dw are banging the washing through th e machine now .There's not just ours but a basketful from DS2 as well

Berwyn

Glad you had a lovely time - can't wait to hear all about it!! :Pinkbounc

My, how time flies ! Glad to hear that you had a nice time

Wow Berwyn - it seems like only yesterday that you were setting off! Where did the time go?! I'm pleased you had a great time. Looking forward to hearing all about it! Make sure you post before the 8th so I can read it before we leave. *hint, hint*

I'm also pleased to hear that we will probably not be affected. ::MinnieMo

Berwyn, glad you had a great time. Can't wait to read the trippie!:sunny:

Bonnie in case you miss it see your thread "SL pool " I've put a quick note about it for you
Berwyn

thanks Reid,
I'll start this PM Dw is off to hairdresser ,she couldn't fit it in before going. that should leave me all afternoon :rotfl:
Berwyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter