Seventy by seven - My journey from 360 pounds to the Disney Donald (comments welcome)

OK, this is TOOOOO weird... I practically had the same day in terms of eating! We are on some weird psychic connection. I had a crappy food day too. We need to connect and plan a good day tomorrow... think Magical losing day... Magical losing day... Magical losing day...Magical losing day....

Congrats on the weight loss. .2 is still .2!!!! You didn't go up and that is all that matters. Do you think weighing in was what did it? I always want to be part of the biggest loser competition here on WISH, but I swear the weigh ins always trip me up. Either I lost too much, or too little. I am not sure what I am going to do about the weigh ins.

AND nice job keeping Scar in the cage. I know it isn't easy, and he probably tempted you, just lock that cage, throw away the key!

Oh, trust me, I would love to throw away the key, but it is still dangling around my neck and Scar is gunning for it.

A struggle today and even now I am craving a snack, but I am going to shelve it and have it for breakfast instead.

DH is away this weekend on a golfing trip with buddies and I am trying to get some things accomplished but it isn't going well. Got the laundry done (well almost) and still need to finish dishes.

Missed workout today, but had a lovely lunch with friends. Should have continued right on to the gym and not doing so was not a good choice.

Way too much icing in my mouth instead of on my "power brownies" - low fat brownies with almost 4 cups of all bran in them - low point!

But its all good, I am not as good as I should be but better than I was and I will pat myself on the back and move on :thumbsup2

Now that is a change for me!

I look foward to a magical day

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Sorry for the struggles. So glad you decided to shelve the snack and save it for breakfast. Sometimes I find that if I just hold on for 1 day then it is all better, or at least I don't want that snack anymore.

Choices are not always easy, I am glad though that you had a lovely lunch with your friends. That is precious time, and glad you got to spend that time with friends that support you. I wish I could have lunch with you too. Someday, we will.

Keep Scar tamed and away. If you need to, I'll come over there and keep an eye on scar!

So little time tonight - gotta get on before the battery runs out lol.

Great weekend and great day.

Eating was fine - Scar biting last night and I had a battle, but good today.

Was told I needed to stop putting myself down and allow God to raise me up and not be afraid - and then the pastor gave me a public commendation for some work I did for the church - outasight!

I have trouble complimenting myself as I have shared earlier, but it feels good:banana: And it is necessary in order for me to keep Scar in check and not sabotage myself. Working pretty good so far.

Looking forward to beginning week 68 of my backwards countdown to Disney...

Have a magical day.

Linda

Sorry for the struggles. So glad you decided to shelve the snack and save it for breakfast. Sometimes I find that if I just hold on for 1 day then it is all better, or at least I don't want that snack anymore.

Choices are not always easy, I am glad though that you had a lovely lunch with your friends. That is precious time, and glad you got to spend that time with friends that support you. I wish I could have lunch with you too. Someday, we will.

Keep Scar tamed and away. If you need to, I'll come over there and keep an eye on scar!

Yes! Get over here everyday and slay the lion if you can Vija lol.

Linda

I will always slay that lion for you! so good that today was better for you. And how wonderful that you got the public commendation. Be proud of who you are and what you have done so far. I know I am proud of you. Sometimes we just don't toot our own horns enough. So Linda, I would love to hear from you 10 things that YOU think are outstanding about YOU! I know that supportive and caring friend is one of those 10! :hug: Tell me what is special about you...

Working late, Scar in check, tired.

Food good, no workout tonight and will have to go tomorrow (switching around the rest days, though I am not resting).

Until tomorrow guys.

Vija, that is a hard task, ten? I am not sure I can do that at this point.

Hope you had a magical day folks

Linda

Hi Linda, thought I would start a list for you... Just a few things off the top of my head. #1 is SOOOOO true! And I LOVE #4! hope you have a GREAT DAY!

1. Outstanding Friend
2. Great Lawyer
3. Wonderful wife
4. has the courage to cross the start line
5. Great motivator for friends
6. Good blogger
7. Organized
8. Looks forward to challenges (How many 5k's have you done?)
9. Good cook
10. A Disney fan!

Hi Linda, thought I would start a list for you... Just a few things off the top of my head. #1 is SOOOOO true! And I LOVE #4! hope you have a GREAT DAY!

1. Outstanding Friend
2. Great Lawyer
3. Wonderful wife
4. has the courage to cross the start line
5. Great motivator for friends
6. Good blogger
7. Organized
8. Looks forward to challenges (How many 5k's have you done?)
9. Good cook
10. A Disney fan!

You are a precious jewel Vija - thank you:love:

I don't know if I am all these things, (done about 10 5k I think) but I know that I am grateful - for friends like you. I appreciate you very much.

Most of these things could be said about you too (except the lawyer part lol - the start lines will come). Like most of us, I am a work in progress.

Today was a good food day, and I got to the gym tonight. Busy at work, my assistant is heading on vacation for six days on Friday :scared1:

Also, some financial pressures (due to self employment/cash flow issues), but I know that God has that in control.:yay: It is all good.

I am watching Biggest Loser right now (and wearing my purple Biggest Loser shirt lol). I heard Bob say to a contestant that he saw him as an athlete - with a ways to go, but an athlete, and this was a near 450 pound ex football player who was crying like a baby during his workout.

We have to see ourselves the same way, every day.

Yeah us! :cool1: All of us in this journey - yeah! This is the first day of the rest of our lives:woohoo:

Have a magical day - til tomorrow.

Linda

I need to face the scale in the morning, but I need to put it in its place - if it doesn't say what I want it to say, doesn't mean I have failed, that is what I need to get in my head.

I have done a lot of positive things since I started writing this on September 7th - and it is a long journey, I plan to write until I leave for Disney in January, 2013, hopefully every day, and that's a long time.
IMO, you have figured it all out.:goodvibes Now you just need to keep reminding yourself over, and over, and over, and over.:)

I loved Vija's list by the way!:goodvibes

IMO, you have figured it all out.:goodvibes Now you just need to keep reminding yourself over, and over, and over, and over.:)

I loved Vija's list by the way!:goodvibes

Thanks Rose - I am trying to do just that.

I love Vija's list too, but I don't think that I am ready to make one like it just yet.

Getting there.

Good news today - we were praying for those who lost jobs - my sister Nancy was in that position last week and was devastated. Prayed doors would open.

And they did - she has a new position and begins training right after this one ends:banana: Yeah:thumbsup2

Food a little sloppy today, though not out of control. Darned strawberry shortcake at work! I have been allowing calories for it, but a bit too much at supper and I cannot work out tonight due to work duties and the assistant leaving on vacation on Friday :scared1:

Plan walks tomorrow afternoon and Friday morning, so should be ok.

I hope. Weigh in Friday :scared1:

This time no blow outs, but some sloppy eating and exercise still not up to intensity so not sure how I will do.

Will need to be very careful tomorrow and I will be. Will need to be almost perfect and will try not to have cake. :littleangel: Hopefully, it will be gone.

Generally feeling pretty good these days though. This journal and the accountability it provides sure helps.

Have a magical day all - til tomorrow.

Linda

Linda--where you been? Hope you are hanging in there.:goodvibes And no matter what has been going on, remember you can do it. No failing, just keep moving forward.:goodvibes

Linda--where you been? Hope you are hanging in there.:goodvibes And no matter what has been going on, remember you can do it. No failing, just keep moving forward.:goodvibes

Right here - thanks Rose! :thumbsup2

Just working very hard this week - was so tired at night I could not see straight!

My assistant went on vacation for six days starting yesterday so we were working night and day trying to get on top of things first.

So I have been off for a couple of days, I will write twice today and will be back on tonight.

I have been off my game a bit - no working out (except for a couple of times) so no HH for me this week :mad:

But, although I have made some poor choices, I have not allowed Scar out of the cage, just teased him a few times, which is bad.

Came close to eating a chocolate bar yesterday, but did not. I want to keep my ban on until October 7th and then see.

Today it is yucky out. I am heading to Bridgewater (about an hour away) to see a child client and then family. Goal is simply to not compulsive eat, but I am hoping to pop into the gym on the way home.

Then I am going to organize and begin week 67 of my backwards countdown on Monday.

Going to surf a bit before leaving :surfweb: but I am generally feeling fine.

A friend of mine has a newsletter and points out that true change takes time, and it is true change that I am looking for.

Thanks for dropping in, I will be back later. Been reading the BL thread most days, but have not had time to respond, will start doing that again too, because it helps.

No weigh in this week though, psychologically I cannot face that. It could let Scar out due to discouragement.

But I will next week!

Have a magical day.

Linda

Well, said I would be back on tonight, but not much to report.

Not a great food day, just a little too much volume wise - feeling really stuffed actually.

Oh well, as Scarlett O'Hara would say - tomorrow is another day:flower3:

Ended up with a government paid trip to my sister in law's - as the child I went to see was sent on an outing - though I confirmed his appointment:confused3

Ah well, such is life.

Have a magical day folks, will be back tomorrow.

Linda

Lazy day - though I don't feel very rested.

Didn't do much - not even laundry. Was too hot. Having a "humid spell" here, but I know it won't last long - my fall is here! :yay:

Food was good, no workout, but none scheduled today. Organized grocery list and put new workout schedule on fridge for the beginning of week 67 of the backwards count tomorrow.

The biggest challenge is going to be next weekend, when I am visiting my sister in New Brunswick and just getting through the week with no assistant.

Luckily a fairly light week in terms of appointments/court.

My sister in law gave me a book on eating disorders, and I am going to read it.

Want to go all the way this time, I want healing, total healing and a healthy life. I don't want to settle for anything less. It is time.:banana:

Anyway - twill be a magical day :rotfl:

Take care folks, and, if you are reading, thanks.

Linda

Hope you had a good day today. I would be interested in hearing about your eating disorder book. Hopefully it will provide the insight that you are looking for. I am starting to read "finally thin". I love reading success stories, and can't wait till we both are success stories inspiring others!

Dang - missed another day! Ran out of battery power on the laptop last night and forgot the power cord at work lol.

But it has been a pretty good couple of days. Walked a lot both days.

A little too much ice cream at supper last night, but otherwise Scar in cage.

Went to the Dentist tonight and got my permanent crown, yeah! :banana:

A filling fell out on vacation - taking half the tooth with it, it was a very old filling - got it in Grade 5!

Still trying to replace my cooktop - haven't found one yet. One of my big burners conked out. Not too good when I need to serve Thanksgiving dinner to the family!

Watching Biggest Loser - Anna K says "don't sit on the couch and spit on the ceiling and expect things to happen for you..." Good thinking.

Even Wayne Gretzgy, with all his hockey talent, had to work very hard. He didn't do it sitting on the couch eating bon bons and neither will I.

I really want to do this. I want to be as healthy as I can.

And I want to run. Or at least walk fast.

Disney in 2013. Donald and maybe even half of Chip n Dale *** the medal is sooo cute. Maybe.

Its what I want.

What do I have to do to get it?

a) Be consistent with my training plan
b) Keep making my training plan daily
c) Chart all things that go in my mouth.
d) Look to God to help me keep Scar in his cage and overcome this.

I was telling my sister in law that I guard my "sobriety" carefully. I can get thrown off if I can't find my morning oatmeal!

Now that is Scar talking! I have to learn to not let the eating disorder take over and for goodness sake not to talk to it.

Going to New Brunswick to visit sister later. Have to come up with a plan to deal with that.

More details on this tomorrow.

Have a magical day.

Linda

Hey Linda, you are doing great! I really sense something different in your posts... a determination, grounded in your dreams of your destiny. I am so proud of you for keeping Scar in check and working your plan! Hope your visit with your sister goes well. keep your plan in mind, and your determination close at hand and you will sure to succeed!

Hey Linda, you are doing great! I really sense something different in your posts... a determination, grounded in your dreams of your destiny. I am so proud of you for keeping Scar in check and working your plan! Hope your visit with your sister goes well. keep your plan in mind, and your determination close at hand and you will sure to succeed!

Thanks!:thumbsup2

So far pretty good I guess.

Working from home today so logging on early in case I don't get to do so later. Needed to do laundry of all things:laundy: and can work as well from home. Assistant on vacation until Monday.

Have play rehearsal tonite and my part is a lot bigger than last year's.

Just hope that this surgery doesn't mess it up.

Man I am anxious about that - I hope they don't expect me just to be there in a week or two, my schedule just does not allow for that - these are people's lives that I am dealing with.

I need a month or two to work with, and right now, would rather have it mid December or even early in the new year. Just dreading it, wish I didn't have to have it and wishing it were over with.

Bottom line, need notice!

Got an appointment at the blood pressure clinic for mid December - perfect, losts of notice. Had a trial on the day they made it but got it easily rescheduled for the next day.

My upper arm is really large and has an unusual shape. Because of that, the doctor cannot get an accurate reading and simply wants to do tht.

The last time she checked it it was 130/120 - top number fine, bottom number is not and just cannot be accurate. It is so painful that we are sure it is affecting it (like wondering if somone being tortured as an elevated blood pressure!:eek: - well duh!) And the cuff doesn't fit right.

Hope it is all right. That, in itself, is stressful for me. They took my blood pressure twice a day for three weeks when I was in the hospital and it was never an issue but who knows.

Weighed this morning, down two. It is over a two week period, and I think I might have gained during my mini pig out a couple of weeks ago, so who knows.

But I had the courage to do it this morning and did. Hard to explain what the scale can do to those of us with an eating disorder, but a necessary thing for me from time to time.

Anyway, got to go do something useful lol. Food is all charted and going well so far. Not sure about a workout today as Norm has car and I have to go to practice this evening. Maybe a BL walking DVD later.

Off to NB tomorrow or Saturday morning and still have to come up with a plan to handle this.

More later.

Have a magical day.

Linda

What play??? What surgery????????? Oh my, that blood pressure is way off. I can't even imagine how that could possibly be... only 10 point difference between the 2 numbers? that stinks that it hurts so much. So how do they check it at the blood pressure clinic? Have you had them try it on your leg? Sometimes we have to do that depending on what the patient is having done. And I can tell you that when I was in the hospital, they couldn't use my arms, as one had the surgery, and the other had a PICC line so they had to use my legs. That might make it easier on you .

I will hope all of this gets easier for you.

What play??? What surgery????????? Oh my, that blood pressure is way off. I can't even imagine how that could possibly be... only 10 point difference between the 2 numbers? that stinks that it hurts so much. So how do they check it at the blood pressure clinic? Have you had them try it on your leg? Sometimes we have to do that depending on what the patient is having done. And I can tell you that when I was in the hospital, they couldn't use my arms, as one had the surgery, and the other had a PICC line so they had to use my legs. That might make it easier on you .

I will hope all of this gets easier for you.

Play - the Christmas musical at my church. Decided I needed to do something fun - even though I don't really have the time. Its over in December. Besides, lawyers are nothing but unscripted actors anyway :rotfl2:

Surgery - hernia repair. A hernia has grown in my incision site, from last year's emergency surgery. It is elective and I feel fine, but we want to fix it before it gets too big. Only I need time and notice. I cannot just go at a moment's notice. I have clients to serve, and these are people's lives for heaven's sake.

As for blood pressure, not sure what they are going to do at the clinic. They told me to allow two hours, not sure why. They may be taking several readings spacing it out - the plan was to try to get some accurate readings. They may end up using the leg. Even bought a special cuff, big enough around but too long.

Frustrating, and, in itself, stressful:mad:

Getting on early because I am leaving for NB today and may not have internet again til Sunday.

Plan for staying on track:

a) Bring lunch today. And I did. I was telling myself, couldn't do it, get something out, cannot have your ice pack in the car all weekend (I am not going back home til I get back), etc.

That is the eating disorder talking and I have a fridge at work for Pete's sake!

An invitation to disaster is what it was, an old trick. I resisted it. Took a Smart Ones dinner and some OP fruit, pudding and snacks.

Do not plan to eat out, my sister will have dinner ready when I get there.

b) Try to work out at a Goodlife gym in the morning.

c) Plan out what I am going to eat at Montana's (our supper stop) and stick to it. Order first. Will have some treats, but will not have the fattiest things on the menu and portions similar to those of a lumberjack just because others may be ordering. Order first!

d) Drink water, coffee, tea or (a little) diet soda only.

e) No chips or chocolate bars (still on my 30 day ban of the latter, don't care for the former anyway).

f) No in between meal eating given the larger meals.

g) Chart, chart, chart! Going a way for a vacation is not a vacation from healthy eating, period!

If not back on til Sunday, have a magical weekend folks.

Linda

P.S. Yesterday's eating was good, but no exercise :mad: Still, I was tempted to get something after play practice "just this once" and "start again tomorrow" . Good try Scar, no dice.:littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter