Sewer Connections

YellowXterra

HappyCamper
What type of sewer connection will I need? I have a prefered site reserved with cable and sewer. I will be in a pop up and only have a sink to drain. I use a 3/4 inch garder hose to drain right now into my blue tote. Being how we are going to be there over a week and my blue tote will fill up in a weekend I figure why not use the sewer connection.

Thanks

The sewer set up at FW in neat. There is a small concrete pad that has a small SS sink built into it. The sewer connection comes right through the bottom of the sink. The sink also has a regular drain in it so you can just lay your hose in the sink and thats all you need to do. This set up works very well. If there is some spillage when hooking or unhooking an RVs sewer line it just goes right in the sink and can be easily rinsed into the main system. The SS sink also has a j trap in it so you do not have to worry about sewer gases either.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question:

:o :o

What is a small SS sink?

Septic System maybe? I'm having a hard time imagining that.

Sorry for the confusion. I worked in the wire rope industry for a long time where SS is short for Stainless Steel. It is just a small sink maybe 8" x 16." Here is a picture of a FW sewer connection that is on Tim5055 web site. Not sure what all that gray stuff is in the sink. All the sinks I have seen have been very clean looking. Tim has a nice setup for FW but all I do is kind of coil my hose around in the sink so I am sure it will stay there and let the water drain into the sink. The white pipe you see normally has a cap on it when not in use.

You can find a lot of other helpful info on Tim's FW Fun Facts page

The gray (or is that grey?) stuff in the sink on that site is cement. They had patched the pad at some point and the maintenance folks didn't totally clean up after themselves.

The adaptor you see in my photo allows youto connect your hose directly to it. The adaptors come in about 6 different styles, but this one and a round soft rubber donut that this one fits in is all I have ever used. Some campgrounds and local jurisdictions require the use of adaptors for a tight seal. FW does not come around and look to see if you are using one:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter