Shady Spots at Typhoon Lagoon

suzanna1066@comcast.

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We usually go to BB but have decided to give TL a try on our upcoming Sept. trip. Does anyone know the best "spots" around the wave pool to set up base camp? I require full shade----I do not tan and have to be out of the sun.
TIA

We always get a spot near Crushin' Gusher. There are some shady spots there, if you get there early enough. We never set up camp near the wave pool, so I can't help with that.

If you get there early you won't have any trouble finding a shady spot.

We get there 1st thing and set up camp by the wave pool. We get plenty of shade in the AM, but as the sun moves our spot becomes full sun.

We usually leave by noon or 1PM, so it's not a big deal. I am not sure where there are full shade spots for the entire day (not sure how long you are staying at TL). You might want to look into renting a patio or chairs with umbrella's, then you know you will have shade the entire time.

TL is our favorite and so much fun. Have a great time!

We had a shady spot near the sharks. I want to say it was right across the sidewalk from where you swim with the sharks.

There are a few umbrellas for rent near the wave pool. The umbrellas accommodate four people (maximum allowed), and I believe the current daily rental fee is $40 plus tax. If you want to reserve ahead of time, call 407-WDW-PLAY and request a space with a wave pool view on the Tilley's side of the park. They will do their best to accommodate your request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter