Shanghai Disneyland Grand Opening Trip Planning Thread

I'm so frustrated! What's your gameplan Zanzibar? Verizon won't let me call and I don't have a home phone. Ugh!!!

Already tried that - they're not open at the moment.

I finally managed to create an account, and it now looks like all hotel availability (at both hotels) is gone :sad:

I was able to register for the site, but I chose the option to use an email address and not a phone number.
Try using a browser like Chrome which can (roughly) translate from Chinese; the pages kept randomly switching back to Chinese no matter how many times I selected English, probably because of so many people connecting right now.

It looked like hotels require full payment up front; I wasn't clear if you could cancel or modify online because the terms only said to call. Since I don't plan to go until the fall, I decided not to reserve yet because of those conditions. Also, there are no park hours and tickets are only on sale until mid-September. (I'm also seeing none now for any date but assuming that has to be a glitch)

On the positive side, hotel prices and theatre tickets for Lion King both seem very reasonable.

Good luck to everyone who is trying for opening day!

So it's now taken me to a holding page - it says the wait will be 30 minutes.

So frustrating because I was in and had my hotel room selected - I was just delayed because I had to set up an account!

I am so frustrated I spent 25 minutes pushing the confirm payment page for a Toy story hotel room all it did was open page after page whilst counting me down the 25 mins with the same thing.

Thanks netimka, but that link doesn't seem to work. Starting to realise exactly how bad of an idea this was...

I am so frustrated I spent 25 minutes pushing the confirm payment page for a Toy story hotel room all it did was open page after page whilst counting me down the 25 mins with the same thing.

I am having the exact same problem trying to book for mid-july...

Had Shanghai Disneyland Hotel in my cart. Club level. Then was not able to let me book nor change from Chinese to English. Was able to book Toy Story hotel from the 16th to the 20th. and then move to SDL Hotel for one night. Having frustration trying to get tickets to The Lion King and I'll just wait for park tickets now until this is over. My hotel confirmation says Tickets are not included in the room but guaranteed due to occupancy.

Well I'm not quite sure what to do. My holding pages are merrily refreshing now and then and tell me that there's 1 minute to go. Whenever I click on the link to buy tickets at the other official store, it takes me to some Chinese online shopping page (not related to Disney at all). Looks like I've missed the boat completely with hotels... I mean, I knew it would be a rough start, but I've been here for 1 1/2 hours now (from 3am) and all I've done is missed out on stuff!

Had Shanghai Disneyland Hotel in my cart. Club level. Then was not able to let me book nor change from Chinese to English. Was able to book Toy Story hotel from the 16th to the 20th. and then move to SDL Hotel for one night. Having frustration trying to get tickets to The Lion King and I'll just wait for park tickets now until this is over. My hotel confirmation says Tickets are not included in the room but guaranteed due to occupancy.

Glad someone's gotten in - nice work!

So frustrating. family is here for Easter Dinner and my DW and I are stuck trying to get this taken care of :( Has anyone been able to pay yet?

congrats on your booking!!! do you remember how much was club room not that I will stay but just wonder lol

Clicking the "Pay now" button just pops up another page for me, sometimes going temporarily to that castle "please wait" page, and then coming back to the same order confirmation/pay now page. I don't get any page to enter credit card info. If anyone has success paying, can you post what browser you're using?

Clicking the "Pay now" button just pops up another page for me, sometimes going temporarily to that castle "please wait" page, and then coming back to the same order confirmation/pay now page. I don't get any page to enter credit card info. If anyone has success paying, can you post what browser you're using?

You're having more luck than me - I can't even get to the hotel or ticket pages, I've been stuck on those holding pages for 40 minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter